Bayer

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 59)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

CalvilloE in Houston, Texas

29 months ago

Does anyone know how long Bayer takes to start interviewing candidates after the cobra test??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

RyanA in Houston, Texas

29 months ago

I don't know. I took and passed the cobra with flying colors in December of last year. We were told that they everyone who passed the cobra would be interviewed. Two weeks after taking the test I was contacted by phone and informed that I passed the test and that I would be interviewed when they began hiring. Still waiting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

Same here.. Pass the test and received the phone call, but still waiting.

RyanA in Cypress, Texas

29 months ago

CalvilloE in Houston, Texas said: Same here.. Pass the test and received the phone call, but still waiting.[/

Funny thing happened today. I got a call from them today asking if I was still interested in the Bayer Production Technician position because they might possibly have a opening. They were not sure they had a position available yet they still decided to call and see if I still wanted it. I was informed that I would receive a call next week and at that time I would be notified if there was actually a position available and then if there was move to schedule a interview. Does that sound right to you???????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

bert in Texas City, Texas

28 months ago

Can you tell me what is on the COBRA test for Bayer? I have to take one next week thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RyanA in Cypress, Texas

28 months ago

Bert in Texas City,

If you have taken on COBRA test than you have taken all COBRA test. Have you ever taken the test in question before? If you have board/console experience you will be a head of the game. If you do not have that experience than pay close attention to the tutorial that is given before you take the test.

Bert

28 months ago

Hey thanks for the reply I have never taken the cobra test the one I am going to take is for the production technician internship Is there any other info that can help me prepare and possibly pass thanks for the information.

28 months ago

Hey RyanA,
Did you go interview for Bayer?

28 months ago

If you have taken Process Systems class in Ptech courses you should be good, if not just follow the instructions and you should be good.

RyanA in Cypress, Texas

28 months ago

CalvilloE in Houston, Texas said: Hey RyanA,
Did you go interview for Bayer?

I sure did.

RyanA in Cypress, Texas

28 months ago

Bert said: Hey thanks for the reply I have never taken the cobra test the one I am going to take is for the production technician internship Is there any other info that can help me prepare and possibly pass thanks for the information.

I am not sure if there is a difference in the test they will offer you as a intern. I would not think so. If you are able to control a basic operating unit from a console you are good to go. Just remember that safety is #1. Multitasking is your friend. Breathe and take your breaks if needed and give it your full concentration. Good Luck!

Bert

28 months ago

Thanks a lot one last Ryan I got one more question. Do you know if it's kind of like the dexter simulater software that you use on the computer in the ptec programs?

RyanA in Houston, Texas

28 months ago

Bert said: Thanks a lot one last Ryan I got one more question. Do you know if it's kind of like the dexter simulater software that you use on the computer in the ptec programs?

I am not sure if it the same software. I did not attend the ptec program. If the software you used allows you to control a basic operating unit with a distillation tower and all the good things that come with it you should have zero problems.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

RRWebster in Seabrook, Texas

28 months ago

Hey I am taking the COBRA test for Bayer at Lee College Friday.. please give me some detailed insight about this test.. I have never been a operator I have zero experience this is for an internship please help...

RyanA in Cypress, Texas

28 months ago

RRWebster,

Congrats on getting a test slot. There is limited information on the internet regarding the COBRA test. What I can tell you is that you will be in simulation of a processing unit. You will receive all the training that is deemed necessary to complete the test. I recommend that you pay close attention to the tutorial that are provided. They will give you several scenarios in which you will be graded on your reactions or lack of action taken.

Go online and take a look at how a basic process system works. Study how a distillation tower works and reacts to process variables. Everything that you need to be successful is given to you before you take the test so their is no disadvantage any one taking the test. Good luck!

28 months ago

RyanA in Cypress,
Okay thank you so much I really appreciate the info.. so did you get the job there? Or have you heard anything from your interview?

RyanA in Cypress, Texas

28 months ago

I got an offer and accepted.

28 months ago

Can you inbox me please? renea_roland@yahoo.com I have a few questions for you

28 months ago

Congrats on the offer that's sweet.. :-)

RyanA in Cypress, Texas

28 months ago

Alrighty then. Email coming your way.

johnny in Houston, Texas

28 months ago

are they still testing and how do you apply?

ndt2ptec.org in Seabrook, Texas

28 months ago

I don't think that they are still testing but you can go on Bayer.com to see.

Melissa in Texas City, Texas

23 months ago

I am taking the COBRA test this coming Monday, does anyone have an advice for me? i have been out of school for almost two years and am somewhat apprehensive about this test, I'm afraid my lack of testing experience will give me a disadvantage. I am relatively shy at first, how should I act around other testers and around the test administrators.

Bmtgie in Beaumont, Texas

23 months ago

Took the COBRA test today.....

The test got a little intense, I had an over flow on one of the storage tanks but can't remember if that was the pratice test or the actual test. I had a flare on the last scenario on the actual test, don't know if thats grounds for passing the test or not .But I don't need to just pass it, I need to have one of the higher scores to get invited to take the mechanical aptitude test.

I would love to have this job, Bayer top out at $39/hr the highest I ever heard!

Melissa

23 months ago

I also took the COBRA test today,.while I did have one flare durring the actual test portion I feel as though I did great otherwise. The test seemed almost.. Too easy to me. Good luck I hopwe both hear back and meet for the mechanical aptitude test on saturday. If you hear back please post out, that way I can know :)

23 months ago

Ok! You do the same.

23 months ago

Wonder what is taking so long to the results?

Melissa in Texas City, Texas

23 months ago

who knows, we would need to know pretty soon, seeing as the next test is Saturday.. Hopefully we hear back sometime today..

23 months ago

Well this sucks.......

Melissa

23 months ago

Agreed. I figured even if we did not pass, they would let us know..

RyanA

23 months ago

What facility are you testing for? Upon taking the Cobra it took roughly 2-3 weeks to learn that you passed or failed the cobra. The hiring process with Bayer is interesting. Tell me more and I might be able to shed some insight on what you are about to encounter.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Melissa

23 months ago

I'm not sure exactly where in the plant we tested for, basically they did a retesting to fill some of the spots not filled by the interns. Before taking the test, we were informed that the second half of the test would be tomorrow (saturday the 4) so they have pretty much run out of time to let us know, unless they decide these things very last minute..

RyanA

23 months ago

What does the 2nd test consist of? Applying for a full time or internship position. Bayer HR operates out of Pittsburg. Be on the look out for a phone number with area code 412. Most likely you are testing gift or the Baytown plant. The interns that did not work out / quit left a physically demanding unit. It's a good start but nothing like what many people thing or believe operators do or should do. Great place to work if you are a go getter! Good luck.

Melissa

23 months ago

Its for the baytown plant.. They said the first test would be cobra, followed by a mechanical aptitude test. Than you very much, I am anxious to hear back, I have wanted to work for bayer since I began the ptec program in college.

calvilloe in Pasadena, Texas

23 months ago

I got called yesterday around 130pm to show up on saturday at 745.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RyanA in New York, New York

23 months ago

Bayer's HR operates out of Pittsburg so any decisions that are made locally must be sent back through HR out of state to get approved and passed on to you. Have patience and good luck!

Texas

23 months ago

Thanks Calvilloe!

Well that brings closure, must didn't pass the COBRA like I have thought or wasn't selected to take the mechanical aptitude test. I do remember the HR guy saying they are selecting candidates with the highest scores from the COBRA test. Would have thought they would have at least let us know regardless, well....on to the next one >>>>

Bh

23 months ago

I took the mechanical app test. They told us if we passed we will get an interview. Mellisa are you the one who knew Steve F.?

Melissa

23 months ago

Yes, I am :)

Bh in Crosby, Texas

23 months ago

So did you not get a call??

Melissa

23 months ago

Nope :(

Bh in Crosby, Texas

23 months ago

What a bummer I thought you would have passed, what about Steve did he get a call or do you know?

Bh

23 months ago

Ryan they said they are hiring for multiple units.

RyanA in Sugar Land, Texas

23 months ago

BH,

That is good to hear. There are many units that are in need of eager beavers. Bayer is a great place to work at. There is a lot of opportunity for someone who wants it.

abfocus1

23 months ago

i took the mechanical test also. waiting to hear something back about the interview

abfocus1

23 months ago

There were 38 people who took the mechanical test maybe 25 people will pass and they are hiring 10 people.

abfocus1

23 months ago

Melissa in Texas City, Texas said: I am taking the COBRA test this coming Monday, does anyone have an advice for me? i have been out of school for almost two years and am somewhat apprehensive about this test, I'm afraid my lack of testing experience will give me a disadvantage. I am relatively shy at first, how should I act around other testers and around the test administrators.

dont give up on looking for a job. you will find one. i apply with shell 35 times before they offer me a position. i didnt stop. Follow Onces Course Until Successful

abfocus1

23 months ago

Bh said: I took the mechanical app test. They told us if we passed we will get an interview. Mellisa are you the one who knew Steve F.?

how do you feel about the test? do you think you did well?

BH

23 months ago

Yes Im positive i passed that test, Im not so sure about the hiring ten people though. I heard more like 15.

When i went Saturday the 4th to take the Mech app test there was a total of 30. 15 to each room.

If i get the call for an interview i will post.

calvilloe in Pasadena, Texas

23 months ago

I got called friday (8/10) for an interview on the the 27.

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.