Process Operator Job Description

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Oceanne in Fort Mcmurray, Alberta

68 months ago

I am trying to get excepted into school for process operating and I have to do research about process operating and I can't really find any info. I was wondering if someone could give me the low down on what process operations is and what a process operater does.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (59) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

rafael in Houston, Texas

66 months ago

i have 5 years experince as a n out side operator i worked in pasadena and on the ship channel can please email you my resume i also have my twic card please advice yours truly rafael

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

claudio in Los Angeles, California

47 months ago

im a concrete finisher by trade i pour sidewalks a- curbs ,curb and gutter anything that has to do with concrete but work is slow i put in a application for process operator trainee i have a testing date for Feb,25,2011 can anyone give me advise in what their looking for in a person ive done many concrete jobs in refineries took all their safety test and even the rso so if anyone can give me some advise ill appreciate it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

refineryguy in Bellflower, California

46 months ago

claudio in Los Angeles, California said: im a concrete finisher by trade i pour sidewalks a- curbs ,curb and gutter anything that has to do with concrete but work is slow i put in a application for process operator trainee i have a testing date for Feb,25,2011 can anyone give me advise in what their looking for in a person ive done many concrete jobs in refineries took all their safety test and even the rso so if anyone can give me some advise ill appreciate it

I Take it that your test on the 25th was with tesoro. The main thing that they are looking for is someone that is safety minded. If you get an interview show them that you are a safe worker by your work experience. Never answer a question that would make it look like you will or have ever compromised your or another persons safety. Besides a safe worker they are looking for someone that is committed. This is an industry that does not tolerate people that like lots of time of or call out for dumb reasons. so if you can show them you will be dependable they will like you. Also they interview using the STAR method so goolge it and learn how to answer questions in this format. Good luck and dont give up it takes most people years to get into this industry if you do not have connections.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Chris Klarkson in Manhattan

37 months ago

wrathert in Bay City, Texas said: Summary: Responsible for the operation of the plant, working a 12-hour rotating shift schedule,
to ensure maximum production quantity and quality, while supporting the policies, goals, and
objectives of the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Monitors and controls plant operations.
o Constantly reviews the operation of the plant to monitor production and quality,
anticipating and solving problems in a timely manner, and identifying opportunities for
improvement.
o Participates in projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
o Maintains adequate records of key production variables such as production volume, yield,
plant uptime, utility consumption, etc., on a daily, weekly, and/or monthly basis, as
required.
• Participates in Quality Assurance program.
o Communicates directly with QA laboratory to ensure effective participation in the
implementation of QA policies and procedures.
o Samples and tests process streams as required by the QA program and procedures.
o Maintains QA records.
o Understands and interprets QA results and takes appropriate action when required.
• Participates in plant maintenance program.
o Communicates directly with the maintenance department to coordinate maintenance and
repair work in process areas.
o Performs preventive maintenance activities as required.
o Assists maintenance technicians in performing maintenance and repairs.
o Assists with diagnosing and trouble-shooting maintenance related issues.

I think it's excellent process operator job description to refer...
Tks so much...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

vicirunner in Billings, Montana

35 months ago

rafael in Houston, Texas said: i have 5 years experince as a n out side operator i worked in pasadena and on the ship channel can please email you my resume i also have my twic card please advice yours truly rafael

Sir, I would love a copy of your resume. I am nearly complete with my process plant tech school. with my vast military experience it is difficult to translate my skills into a formidable resume to submit to refineries.

vicirunner@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

amoore2 in Liberty, Texas

35 months ago

Vicirunner,
I am currently in the process of clearing the military. I plan on pursuing a degree in Process Technology. Im having a hard time as well with my resume it would be helpful to hear how things are working out for you. My email is antonio.moore2@live.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

KL.C in Grand Valley, Ontario

21 months ago

For information on what a Process Plant Operator does one can review it here at this site:

www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/LES/tools_resources/NOC/Water_Waste.shtml

Other topics such as salary and training are available on this site.

Enjoy,

KL.C

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.