Testing for ExxonMobil

Comments (1 to 50 of 122)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

RyanA in Sugar Land, Texas

41 months ago

I have 8 years of operator experience but, I left the Industry for greener pastures. I worked at the Exxon complex as a process technician. I am trying to get back into the Industry. I have secured a test date with ExxonMobil in January. Anyone taken the process technician test lately? I have tested. 7 times with the usual suspects over the last 3 months with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Good luck to you all and thanks for reading.

RyanA

Terry68 in Hattiesburg, Mississippi

41 months ago

I took the Exxon mobile test in September in Louisiana. I can't remember any details but it was really hard. I took the Shell test in march and it was easier. It had the basics the math, reading comprehension. There's more but I can't remember it. I didn't think I had passed but I did. I'm starting my final semester in PTEC and just thought I had better get a jump on trying to get on with some of the oil companies. I hope this helps.

41 months ago

Thanks for the insight. How is your PTECH going?

Terry68 in Hattiesburg, Mississippi

40 months ago

Its going good. I had a hard time with chemistry but I got through it. Im just wondering how long after I graduate. I have applied for the Shell Oil internship 4 times and can't hook it. I think my lack of experience in the oil or chemical industry is major stumbling block. But I will keep trying

Kirsty in Midrand, South Africa

36 months ago

RyanA in Sugar Land, Texas said: I have 8 years of operator experience but, I left the Industry for greener pastures. I worked at the Exxon complex as a process technician. I am trying to get back into the Industry. I have secured a test date with ExxonMobil in January. Anyone taken the process technician test lately? I have tested. 7 times with the usual suspects over the last 3 months with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Good luck to you all and thanks for reading.

RyanA

Hi Ryan

Please forward me your CV and I will try to help
kirsty.klopper@kentz.com

Operatorjoe

32 months ago

Ryan why don't you call some contacts at Exxon to get back on?

RyanA

32 months ago

Operatorjoe said: Ryan why don't you call some contacts at Exxon to get back on?

I tried some time ago and got no where with the HR rep. I am trying another route. What unit do you dwell in?

Ajohn in Fort Worth, Texas

30 months ago

I tested, it was very easy, went on an interview and was offered a job at the olefins plant and the refinery in Baytown. Starting pay is 21 and some change, refinery is higher. Top pay is considerably more at olefins. I'm starting out well above base pay

30 months ago

Congrats!

Swagner in Deer Park, Texas

29 months ago

I have tested for Exxon Mobil & Shell and have passed them both. I have been in San Jacinto College for PTEC assoicates for 1 year. Will graduate with honors this time next year. I have applied everywhere but no such luck. Any suggestions on who is hiring? Thanks for your help in advance and for listening.

Swagner in Deer Park, Texas

29 months ago

@ RyanA in Sugar Land - How long did it take for Exxon Mobil to hire after you took the test? It seems it takes awhile for them to hire.

Chris in Houston, Texas

29 months ago

Takes awhile to hire on with ExxonMobil unless they need a class ASAP.

john in Pasadena, Texas

29 months ago

did not take long at all. i tested, but could not interview when originally contacted...on vacation. this last time around, had a job offer within days.

john in Pasadena, Texas

29 months ago

there is not a company on the ship channel that tests unless they need a class ASAP. the only thing that takes a while is whether the company wants the individual or not.

tpoydr1 in Desoto, Texas

25 months ago

I took the operator test 2 months ago and passed, and I am wondering if anyone knows any openings right now, it would be greatly appreciated.

Michael R in Missouri City, Texas

24 months ago

tpoydr1 in Desoto, Texas said: I took the operator test 2 months ago and passed, and I am wondering if anyone knows any openings right now, it would be greatly appreciated.

Hey I have a testing coming up on May 17th. It is for Wage testing offshore. Does anyone know if I need experience for that testing? Or what I need to study for?

Epoh in Portland, Texas

24 months ago

I took the test for operator on april 27 in robstown for the corpus chti area has anyone received a call back yet. I Met the test requirements.

Robert Bohannon in Baytown, Texas

24 months ago

I've tested and passed Exxon Shell Chevron Lyondell still with no luck I have two degrees from Lee College one in Industrial Safety Management the other in Process Operations I am also a registered EMT and still cant land a position. What gives?

Mcdada in Pasadena, Texas

23 months ago

Robert Bohannon in Baytown, Texas said: I've tested and passed Exxon Shell Chevron Lyondell still with no luck I have two degrees from Lee College one in Industrial Safety Management the other in Process Operations I am also a registered EMT and still cant land a position. What gives?

Oil industry experience I just got a call today from Valero for an interview and just took the test and passed in May I have 3 years as an oil inspector and have made supervisor here too , from talking to operators out here at LHR they always take people with some kind of oil work experience over someone with a degree and none.

HeatherM in Baytown, Texas

23 months ago

Robert Bohannon in Baytown, Texas said: I've tested and passed Exxon Shell Chevron Lyondell still with no luck I have two degrees from Lee College one in Industrial Safety Management the other in Process Operations I am also a registered EMT and still cant land a position. What gives?

Robert, Have you contacted the college for help? I'm in the Lee programs as well. I'm working on my AAS in Process Technology and AAS in Manufacturing Engineering Technology. I was told that they (Lee College PTAC department helps you with finding a job and they have a 99% hiring rate. I want to work at ExxonMobil and have plant experience...

M&M in Houston, Texas

23 months ago

Swagner in Deer Park, Texas said: I have tested for Exxon Mobil & Shell and have passed them both. I have been in San Jacinto College for PTEC assoicates for 1 year. Will graduate with honors this time next year. I have applied everywhere but no such luck. Any suggestions on who is hiring ? Thanks for your help in advance and for listening.

How did you go about going into san jac? are the classes flexible? about how much $$$ is the associates applied science? any info would be appreciated...thanks

M&M in Houston, Texas

23 months ago

Is Kinder Morgan a good place to work? Anyone know the top pay as an operator?

Ryan$ in Opelousas, Louisiana

22 months ago

Anyone know the inside scoop on process tecs at the ExxonMobil Mt Belvieu Plastics plant? Pay, atmosphere, etc?

sehouston2012 in Deer Park, Texas

22 months ago

Hey Ryan. Im trying to find out about ExxonMobil MBPP also. I have a interview scheduled for the 1st of August.

wmrcer in Houston, Texas

22 months ago

M&M in Houston, Texas said: How did you go about going into san jac? are the classes flexible? about how much $$$ is the associates applied science? any info would be appreciated...thanks

I got my degree from sanjac. Basically just apply get accepted into the school, then sign up for the classes. cost about $600 a semester in district, probably around $800 for out of district residence. Instructors are flexible especially if you are already a shift worker. But they don't just give you the grade. You still need to get the work done.

If you have anymore question you can find me at www.gulfcoastoilandgas.com It's my forum for a better, more organized discussion for careers in this industry.

emanuel in Tyler, Texas

17 months ago

well im going to take the test for exxon and by me reading i dont no if i pass i get a job i have my ptec but no luck on jobs

Derek Wiegand in Bridge City, Texas

17 months ago

I have just landed a slot for the Jan 7 exam at the Exxon Mobil plant in Beaumont. Does anyone have any advice on the best practice exam to take for the operator test there? This is my first time taking one for a plant and I would like to be prepared. Thanks.

Hardworker in Highland Park, Michigan

16 months ago

I took the Exxon Mobil test July 19th of 2013 and still haven't got a email confirming an interview. I passed for all positions within the company and applied for their Tennessee and Texas locations. Now, as a remember ppl don't take the time out to think about how the hiring system works. Within each company they have to hire so many African Americans, Caucasians & Hispanics... Then with a company like Exxon Mobil they may only have 20 positions to fill but have over 2,000 applicants which some are applying for the same position; in which, I feel is wrong. Reason being, why have a person take time out to take a test, pass and not be recommended for an interview. You're a multiple billion dollar corporation but misguide potential candidates that if they pass the test then they will get an interview. I live in Detroit, MI were we barely have jobs and a good education system and for the most part just like the ppl on here, surrounded by drugs and violence whom only want the chance to build a better life for themselves. Now, companies do not care about how you grew up nor what your hobbies are. They only wants what's in writing and if you can have proof of your accomplishments. Unlike myself, I don't have any skills in the oil market but is a fast learner and very educated. Companies don't care about that! If you can build a stronger resume, put on a smile and be quick with your responses then more than likely you'll get the position you are applying for. Then, you also have to consider the geographically location of the company you're applying with and how many potential candidates they have wanting to work for that location. Basically, to sum it all up... It will take a miracle for anyone to get hired into an oil & rigging company due to the high demand in unemployment. Oh, don't forget that the ppl that does the hiring have to get their friends and family in first so it's all about who you know nowadays.

Beth in Plano in Plano, Texas

16 months ago

I've met a few oil & gas workers here in Texas and they all applied many times before getting interviewed and hired.

16 months ago

My father retired from Exxon in Baytown so he is the perfect reference for a position. I graduated in Business Administration and will try to take it when it comes back up around the summer time.

Just Another Guy in Houston, Texas

13 months ago

Testing this sat for Exxon Mobil Baytown area. Anybody know what postions/dept they are tesing for?
Thanks in Advance!

Exxon in Katy, Texas

13 months ago

Either operations, instrumentation, or mechanical. Most likely for operations. Hiring like crazy last 1.5 yrs.

Just Another Guy in Houston, Texas

13 months ago

Operations is the only interest I listed. How’s test just basic comprehension? Also anything you know about pay range?

Exxon in New Braunfels, Texas

13 months ago

Yea, it's pretty bad if someone can't pass the battery or tests given. Arrive early or you'll have to park on BFE. Depends on where one gets on. Refinery and chem plant pay less than olefins plant. They go off some 8 hr b.s. so it seems way lower than other companies that give straight 12 hr pay. Regardless, it's Exxon so u'll be making more than almost anyone up & down the ship channel. If anyone beats the hourly rate it isn't by much, benefits aren't as good and prob don't match 401k at same rate.

13 months ago

Just took it this past Saturday at Baytown. I was surprised how many people would be their. If I past the test, their is no guarantee I will even get a interview. If I don't, I know what to prepare for.

Corey in Texas

13 months ago

I have taken and passed the Exxon Mobil Test about 7 months ago, anyone happen to know when they will be hiring again? (Baytown/Mont Belvieu area)

Tom in Humble, Texas

12 months ago

I talked to an HR rep at a career fair at Lee College a few months ago and she was saying that sometime this summer thru Aug is the next batch of interviews they are taking.

Exxon in Houston, Texas

12 months ago

She's a 'tard and has no idea what she is talking about. Bout to start calling people to set up interviews for job offers in January of '15.

Jenny in Houston, Texas

12 months ago

Hello,
I wanted to know if anyone has recently been contacted for an interview for a "Lab Technician" position?
I took the pre-employment exam last month, passed, and now waiting for any type of response.
Please help.

Regards~

Hank in Washington, New Jersey

11 months ago

Has anyone taken the Operations and Mechanical Test for ExxonMobil in NJ? Any prep suggestions? Thanks.

Ahmad in Houston, Texas

8 months ago

Long process I took the test Dec 2013. Just got hired in August 2014 and start Jan 2015.
Test early I graduated ptac program in may 2014.

Will017 in Crosby, Texas

8 months ago

I took the test in September 2012 and was finally contacted for an interview July 2014. I accepted a job offer from Exxon just last Thursday to start in October in Mont Belvieu.

Will017 in Crosby, Texas

8 months ago

Jenny in Houston, Texas said: Hello,
I wanted to know if anyone has recently been contacted for an interview for a " Lab Technician " position?
I took the pre-employment exam last month, passed, and now waiting for any type of response.
Please help.

Regards~

It can take some time. Took me 2 years to get an interview.

49ers

8 months ago

Will017 in Crosby, Texas said: It can take some time. Took me 2 years to get an interview.

Good deal I got an offer as well

Prospect1

8 months ago

Will017 in Crosby, Texas said: I took the test in September 2012 and was finally contacted for an interview July 2014. I accepted a job offer from Exxon just last Thursday to start in October in Mont Belvieu.

I also accepted the offer...

WishMeLuck in Culver City, California

8 months ago

49ers said: Good deal I got an offer as well

So would you say it takes 2-4 weeks after the initial interview to get a response? I interviewed last week here in California and I'm a little anxious.

Sue in Spring, Texas

7 months ago

Has anyone been contacted for the proveit test at Exxon. And can you tell me if you heard back from them in the 2 week time limited.

Dana in Petal, Mississippi

7 months ago

Just checked my application, says I'm test eligible. Where do I go from here? Don't want to miss this opportunity!! Any help would be appreciated.

Sue in Spring, Texas

7 months ago

I received the same message on Aug 22 and they sent me the test on Sept 13, 2014.

Dana in Petal, Mississippi

7 months ago

Will they email me and tell me where to go? I don't think I chose a testing center-- my nearest location is in Louisiana in December.

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.