looking for work chemical supervisor and or chemical operator in illinois

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

donjhertel@aol.com in Elgin, Illinois

43 months ago

company's wanting to start me off at $ 16.00 hr. are you crazy.with 32 yrs exp.
company's want exp but you don't want to pay for exp. company's are taking advantage of people being out of job's. 14 yrs ago i got offered 19.00 to start
this show's you what company's are doing now playing game's with the job market.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

chemical operator job is not easy. hazardous chemical's and life threating hazards
and trying to low pay people come on i can go work for home depot more than 16.00 hr. get real.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

michael griffith in Cincinnati, Ohio

43 months ago

that is a way of life now sorry but the truth is if you do not want to for nothing you will not get a job.i myself out of work for over two years and not even wal-mart will hire me.over quilified to say welcome to wall mart.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

dnjhetel in Elgin, Illinois

41 months ago

I am 51 yrs old been laid off for 18 months I send out 5-7 resumes out daily . never get called this is crap.
I can out work younger people. 32 yrs as a chemical operator and or shift supervisor and still cant find a job.
my friend is 33 yrs old he gets call's all the time for jobs .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

michael griffith in Cincinnati, Ohio

41 months ago

sorry to inform you but in this depression if you are over 20 years old you will see that nobody will hire you just because of your age. i have not worked since feb/2009 still looking everyday but the truth is we are too old to work.hire someone who very young with no anything means you can give them nothing and that is okay 175with them.

bolabola in New Orleans, Louisiana

32 months ago

donjhertel@aol.com in Elgin, Illinois said: company's wanting to start me off at $ 16.00 hr. are you crazy.with 32 yrs exp.
company's want exp but you don't want to pay for exp. company's are taking advantage of people being out of job's. 14 yrs ago i got offered 19.00 to start
this show's you what company's are doing now playing game's with the job market.

My dad is a chemical operator in Alabama. They make 80,000 in salary and then with all the overtime he grossed 120K last year. He is 52 and has been working in this type of work since he was 31. 19/hr does not sound good at all.

Stop putting any information as to age on your resume. And get someone to look at it for you. When my dad had to change to another company the resume he put was AWFUL! Get someone to help you and focus on results! goodluck

32 months ago

Yes I have a very strong resume . I can not find any chemical jobs 33 years in chemical field and still know luck . now I am working at a food manufacturing place.
still looking in the mean time . just sent resume for shift supervisor at chemical plant and had interview now waiting. the waiting game. I am a very hard worker my manager now thinks the world of me at the food place . oh dear god please let me get a chemical job again were I can show my mad skills.

jesus ruiz in Los Angeles, California

14 months ago

donjhertel@aol.com in Elgin, Illinois said: company's wanting to start me off at $ 16.00 hr . are you crazy.with 32 yrs exp.
company's want exp but you don't want to pay for exp. company's are taking advantage of people being out of job's. 14 yrs ago i got offered 24.00 to start

I'm ready to start any time

14 months ago

I Have 43 yrs Experience in the chemical are

14 months ago

jesusr951@gamil.com

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.