PM jobs in my industry?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Marjorie Alexander in Los Angeles, California

34 months ago

Hello. I was wondering what path I should take if I have no particular industry specialty.

I have 1 yr experience as a construction worker, .5 yr as a contractor's assistant/office mngr. Not enough to be in the Construction PM field nor do I want to be.

I have no medical experience.

I have only moderate experience in IT and only because I develop my own apps and websites for fun. I don't really have any desire to be an IT PM either.

So...where do all the other PMs go? I do have 7 years experience as a filmmaker. More specifically as a production manager, production coordinator, producer or assistant director. Pretty much the Project Managers of the Film Production Industry.

Right now I have a strong connection with a non-profit (family & career services type) through a marketing company that I've been producing commercials for, for the last 2 years. If there were an opportunity there I wouldn't know how to approach it.

I am taking the CAPM exam early Oct. and am just wondering what my next move is.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

michaelrrr1 in Phoenix, Arizona

30 months ago

I am also about to take the CAPM training here in Arizona, and will be seeking employment in the Los Angeles area. Are you getting training? It's free in case you did'nt know it. CAPM and PMP.

Please let me know when you start getting advise for the Los Angeles area. I plan on moving here before the Phoenix heat hit's 110 deg.

the workforce investment act pays for training. WIA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.