Tips for proof operator interviews.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (35)

Host

Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming proof operator interview?

Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

Reply - Report abuse

shibu in Lakewood, California

96 months ago

I haev to attend one proof operator interview tommorow so please give me detail what i will prepare and what they will ask i have no idea i was in bank but operation job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Dana in Charlotte, North Carolina

96 months ago

shibu said: I haev to attend one proof operator interview tommorow so please give me detail what i will prepare and what they will ask i have no idea i was in bank but operation job

hey shibu,
i worked as a proof operator for first union and bank of bank, both part-time jobs. when i interviewed for first union and bank of america, they had me take a typing test to test my numeric skills. we went thought standard interview questions but they are more concern with you typing skills. as a proof operator, you can make more money in bonuses for keystrokes per hour plus your hourly rate. at times i made more in bonuses than my hourly rate but with both combine together, i made as much as someone who works full-time in a different job. and the people that worked as full-time proof operators made as much at 35K-40K and part-time 20K-30K per year. the down side to it is that you have to stay until all the work is complete. my part-time hours where like, 5pm to 9pm but sometime had to stay until 10pm and holidays the workload was heavy and had some late nights but the money was good. so, my advise to you is to google something like numeric typing test and for a website that you can practice on for free and also review your standard interviewing questions. good luck!!
dana
Charlotte, NC

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

96 months ago

Thanks Dana,
Hey I am going for bank of america proof operator part time 19 hours week job.They already take my numeric and alphanumerics test via online they send me that test in mail I already give that so I think can they again do the same or they just interview me please let me know which common question they will ask becoz i just came in USA i was in other country I worked 6 month as assistant manager in my country bank but i have never had that proof operator job exp so let me know what will be qus for bank of america proof operator and I have to give test again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

96 months ago

hey shibu,
here are a few questions that they ask in an interview.

Why should we hire you?

Why do you want to work here?

What are your greatest weaknesses?

Why did you leave your last job?

Describe a problem situation and how you solved it.

What accomplishment are you most proud of?

What are your salary expectations?

Tell me about yourself.

I have been asked all these questions in every interview I have been to. I am currently looking for a new career and I always practice the answers to these questions. Also, go to www.careerbuilder.com and click on "Advice & Resources", this will help a lot.

Good luck,
Dana

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

96 months ago

Thanks Friend,
I will help me lot.Hey You not reply me about they take my writing test again in interview or just they ask me qusestions I already give the test via they send me mail.I need that job very much thats why I am so serious about that and what wilkl be good answere for why should we hire you? and what will be the salary expectation I will tell.So plz tell me what will be salary maximum I can ask?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

96 months ago

I hope everything went well. Did you get the job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

96 months ago

Yes i got it.Thanks for your concern.They need my finger print and somthing like 9i i dont know what is it but it will take 2 weeks for clearence.They give me 9.09 dollar per hours so is it ok?what will be the future prospect I know I bored you lot but your are the senior so you can guide me well.If you want to talk me call me on my office no. or give me your no. i will call you for thanks giving any way if you want we are frends.

96 months ago

Shibu,
CONGRADULATIONS!!! I am glad to hear that you got the job. That is a good hourly rate. Are they paying an incentive and shift differential? Continue to increase your keystroke speed with minimal errors and you will do GREAT.

Dana

96 months ago

Yes I will increasebut This is my 1st proof operator job I never have this job experience.Till 3 month They will not give me incentive but they will add $50 in paycheck after that they told me I can earn approc $ 20 per hours including incentive.Hey Can I know about you your detail i mean name place age I wand to talk to you.

96 months ago

Hey Shibu,
My name is Dana, 34, and I live in Charlotte, NC. I really didn't mind helping you. I saw your topic and I knew a little about proof operators but you did the BIG part and landed the job. I am currently looking for a better job. But if I can help someone else, then I will because I believe in Blessings for the good things that I do.

What is you number? You can send it to my personal e-mai address, info4dp@yahoo.com.
Dana

96 months ago

can you make me your frend i want to share my poto and want to give u my e mail id
its shiveshranbaxy@yahoo.com u can send me test mail i will reply u directly and send u my attachment and ph no
can i have your phone no i want frendship with that type of humen being

96 months ago

shibu
check your Yahoo IM, when you get a chance.
dana.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Josh in Gainesville, Georgia

94 months ago

Hi. I am currently a proof operator in Georgia. I just wanted to say CONGRATS on the job offer. I go in for an interview with a different bank (same position) on Thursday. Its a full time (40hr) job compared to the 25hr at Regions Bank. I make $13 an hour. We are payed based on our Fields Per Hour. We also get a 4% shift.

shibu in Murrieta, California

94 months ago

Hi congrats I amwith bank of America 19 hours perweek I have full time another job thats why its only partime for me

shibu in Murrieta, California

94 months ago

ok
I am in LA california 28 male asian what about you and your name age and actually where u are located

Ava in Seattle, Washington

92 months ago

Full time proof operator in Washington. Get paid an hourly rate, plus incentives and 10% shift diff. I average about $16.50/hr.

Ava in Seattle, Washington

92 months ago

Full time proof operator in Washington. Get paid an hourly rate, plus incentives and 10% shift diff. I average about $16.50/hr.

gayle

91 months ago

I go for an interview for proof operator next week. now can any one tell me what to expect. ansd the questions should i practice typing.

SHIVESH in Walnut, California

91 months ago

ya you can do some practice but be positive just reply them properly. They told you about there timing and and scheduale just agree them and make comitment and dont worry for that no one will ask u what u commit in interview may be they take typing test

gayle

91 months ago

thnak you will let you know what the come out is.and i will try hard to be confident

SHIVESH in Walnut, California

91 months ago

where are u and for which bank you are going to give interview I am Asian M 28 in LA with BOA can I know detail about you

gayle

91 months ago

virginia nbational bank

Thad in Jackson, Mississippi

86 months ago

I just took the typing test and passed it on the 4th try with 6430 key stoke per hour and with 1 error. How much will my pay rate be if i improve from this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Val in Canton, Michigan

84 months ago

I was called for a proof operator position in Ann Arbor Michigan with TCF Bank. I am excited because out of all the jobs I have done throughout my working career, a proof operator was my favorite. This will be a part-time job for me. It's just to make some extra money. I have a full-time job. Also, I was told I can make between $9 & $10 an hour. I think that is pretty cool for a second job.

Wish me luck!! :)

Angie in Louisville, Kentucky

82 months ago

Does anyone know of any proof operator positions in Charlotte, NC????

angela in Barstow, California

82 months ago

hey guys. i have a few question. how was the typing test like for the proof operator interview? are there any other test other than the typing? i have never had an experience similar to proof operator, but i still want to apply at bank of america.

Edna in Chicago, Illinois

80 months ago

I am looking for proof operator positions in chicago, I only seem to find 2nd shift though, is there anyfull time day shift opportunities that you guys may know about! Im stuck in a dental office and I hate it, I am from Bank One, but I had to leave due to my sick mom...But thats all done, and I am ready to get back to proof encoding! Please let me know!

t-d of charlotte

74 months ago

Wachovia. I was there forever. Needless to say the money was awesome for the little bit of headache the job was. It's just pain staking to have to sit in the same position for hours. But yeah, you can make up to $25 to $30 an hour.

moebaby in Charlotte, North Carolina

66 months ago

I have an interview for Wachovia tommorrow. Im a lil nervous about the interview questions. Anyone knw about Wachovias.

2good in Baltimore, Maryland

60 months ago

I worked as a proof operator in Maryland at the Bank of America. I have worked for Suntrust bank in the past. I was told that in BOA pays the MOST bonus/monthly incentive in Maryland and I am not sure if that is for all states.

I work part-time and go around to thrift stores and find stuff to sell on Ebay, so I basically use the bank to pay for my medical, dental and vision benefits and 401K. Ebay pay my other bills.

I have a bachelor of arts degree.

Ilovepink in San francisco, California

60 months ago

Hello

I recently applied for a position at bank of america.I went through a phone interview filled out my ASI information and I passed everything took a personality assessment test and 10 key test first in order to get to the phone interview.I have a interview on Thursday for the cash service representative position.Any advice or interview tips???and what kind of questions will be thrown at me?Thanks!any advice would help!

Sue in carroll Co Ga. in Marietta, Georgia

53 months ago

I would love to get back into the broof, data processing departments of banking. Any one know of a way to get in for a interview?

DM in Houston, Texas

51 months ago

Can someone tell me what the layout of a proof operator 10-key pad? I am wondering if they use the multiplication and division keys and if the keypad is just like the one on a computer or just similar? Thank you!

rnguyen in Gulfport, Mississippi

42 months ago

I am moving to Warner Robins, GA in a few months. I am current working for Regions as Proof Operator. Can someone tell me if there any proof operator position available in GA and where I can apply? Thanks!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.