Getting a property accountant job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

How did you get your start doing property accountant work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

Luis in Santa Ana, California

47 months ago

While in school working towards my BA in Business I met a property accountant who was in my class. They got to know my work and they were aware that I was looking to get into ANY entry level accounting job. That person got a promotion but needed to fill his position first so that's where I came in, I got a high recommendation and that was all that was needed as they needed to fill to position ASAP. I don't think you need an educational background, it would depend on the company. There was another Jr. Property Accountant at the time and they had a degree from a culinary arts school, they were referred by another employee, started doing AP then property accountant now they are an assistant property manager.
Best thing I can recommend if you don't have a business background is to start at an entry level admin job at a Property Management firm, let everyone know you want to be a PA and hopefully you'll get cross trained and a position opens up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.