cohen brothers realty in new york city

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (49)

jose in Huntington Station, New York

81 months ago

Has anyone ever worked for Cohen Bothers in NYC?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (43) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Ex employee in Brooklyn, New York

80 months ago

jose in Huntington Station, New York said: Has anyone ever worked for Cohen Bothers in NYC?

Yes. They are one of, if not the worst RE company in Manhattan. Second only to Rudin.

The property managers jobs are revolving doors. All control comes from CSC. No one else. If CSC feels you are doing sub-par, he will have you terminated without notice and in a subverse manner. Avoid at all costs - go with a legitmate company, such as CBRE or Tishman.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

jose in Huntington Station, New York

80 months ago

Were you a property manager with them. What do you know about J.J.? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Breaking Buildings in New York, New York

65 months ago

Cohen Bros 2009 is the place to be for Property Management.
Good people going far.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

chrissy in White Plains, New York

61 months ago

Yes, my comment was deleted.

I sent this letter to him with no response so far.

I write this in tears as it is you that I blame for where my life and family has landed.
My husband is one of the many unpaid vendors who has financed your work over the last several years.

In the last several years, he has completed work for you to your satisfaction and still you owe him over $800,000 in outstanding invoices.
He was once a millionaire, and we have depleted our liquid assets to complete work for you, and yet you pay about 2% of that outstanding balance each month if we're lucky.

He had to put over $250,000 on a credit card for one project only to be humiliated by your lack of paying your balances.
With the measly 2% checks you pay, it doesn't even cover the minimum balances, let alone the interest.
So now our credit is shot.

And each month, the checks take another week, another week, another week and now you are months behind.
Even if you gave us a check for $100,000 it barely makes a dent in the tidal wave of destruction you have done to our lives and finances.

I know that you are a billionaire.
I know that you own a building in White Plains that every night has ALL the lights on despite there that it sure seems as if no work is going on.
I couldn't possibly imagine what that costs.
If you just turned off the lights, you could probably pay my husband.

My husband and I have had to legally divorce so that I can qualify for food stamps which isn't much for three children.
We have lost our health insurance.
We had to downgrade our cars.
I am not able to pay the taxes on our home.
My marriage is lifeless due to the stress you have caused us.
We can't afford any of our children's activities any more.

To say that I hate you just couldn't convey the abhorrence I feel for you.
There simply isn't a word to describe the monster that you are.
Using hard working men to finance your office buildings.
You are so despicable.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

As with most NYC family-based real estate investment/owner/management entities over the past 3 years, the economy has been brutal. The collapse of financial markets have ravaged property values and reduced rent revenues in both the commercial and residential sectors. At the same time, property owners have shouldered increases in RE taxes,water/sewer liabilities, and excessive insurance premiums. Tenants have failed to fufil their lease obligations in unprecedented numbers, leaving landlords to fend off uncompromising lenders, and staving off foreclosures in previously unrivaled quantities not seen since the Great Depression of the 1930's.
Vendors serving the operation's side, by contrast, have long enjoyed prosperty as the "pilot fish" tagging alongside the successful, hardworking, savy decision-making RE owners. Vendors always benefitted from the risk-taking real estate entrepeneurs. If a risk cratered on an RE owner even during the best of times, it may shut their doors. Because of their diverse customer-base however, did the vendors rail when some of these RE owners suffered the consequences of failed ventures? No,instead vendors moved on to other RE owners, no loyalty, no second thoughts. Were the vendors "there" to prop-up the owners, no way! These same vendors became millionares off the backs of the dedicated, hard-working RE owners.
Now, so what?
What used to be industry standard of net-30 is now net-60, absorb the cyclical economy like the RE owners have for so long.
Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

chrissy

61 months ago

BURNED in Morganville, New Jersey said: This from a BILLIONARE with 18 cars,5 homes,a plane with pilot on staff,a driver and listed as 4th richest man in nyc..What a joke

Yes, and one vendor he owed over a million dollars to, he offered him a job worth a half million, so the vendor rejected of course, so Cohen paid 80% of the balance and the guy took the bait.

So he pays 80%, only to get himself in the hole another $500K.

Why are these people taking these jobs?

So if Cohen can come up with 80%, why can't he just pay the man the whole balance???????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

chrissy

61 months ago

Breaking Buildings in New York, New York said: As with most NYC family-based real estate investment/owner/management entities over the past 3 years, the economy has been brutal. The collapse of financial markets have ravaged property values and reduced rent revenues in both the commercial and residential sectors. At the same time, property owners have shouldered increases in RE taxes,water/sewer liabilities, and excessive insurance premiums. Tenants have failed to fufil their lease obligations in unprecedented numbers, leaving landlords to fend off uncompromising lenders, and staving off foreclosures in previously unrivaled quantities not seen since the Great Depression of the 1930's.
Vendors serving the operation's side, by contrast, have long enjoyed prosperty as the "pilot fish" tagging alongside the successful, hardworking, savy decision-making RE owners. Vendors always benefitted from the risk-taking real estate entrepeneurs. If a risk cratered on an RE owner even during the best of times, it may shut their doors. Because of their diverse customer-base however, did the vendors rail when some of these RE owners suffered the consequences of failed ventures? No,instead vendors moved on to other RE owners, no loyalty, no second thoughts. Were the vendors "there" to prop-up the owners, no way! These same vendors became millionares off the backs of the dedicated, hard-working RE owners.
Now, so what?
What used to be industry standard of net-30 is now net-60, absorb the cyclical economy like the RE owners have for so long.
Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you.

This makes absolutely no sense.
My husband was contracted for a job.
He completed to satisfaction.
Whether or not the place is leased is none of his concern.
Do I go to work and only get paid if the owner has customers?
No, you don't operate a business without money, and Cohen has plenty.
Like I said the building in White Plains has EVERY single light on.

justice1 in brooklyn, New York

61 months ago

the non-union contractors working in the buildings,have all walked off due to non-payment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

not missing CB in New York, New York

61 months ago

justice1 in brooklyn, New York said: the non-union contractors working in the buildings,have all walked off due to non-payment.

I think he/she means the non union cleaners cleaning his floors in main office, not the non union contractors.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

Chrissy,
Suggestion for your particular situation:
voluntary bankruptcy.
It's a foregone conclusion. The Cohens will always be there, and your husband won't.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Ex in Brooklyn, New York

61 months ago

Breaking Buildings in New York, New York said: Chrissy,
Suggestion for your particular situation:
voluntary bankruptcy.
It's a foregone conclusion. The Cohens will always be there, and your husband won't.

Chrissy - LIEN THE BUILDINGS. He will have to bond them per the mortgage agreements. Renew the liens every year. With liens, he can't re finance and he can draw down on any escrowed funds. He will have to settle. LIEN THE BUILDINGS!!

61 months ago

not missing CB in New York, New York said: I think he/she means the non union cleaners cleaning his floors in main office, not the non union contractors.

No....3 of the buildings are under contruction by non-union companys and half way through they were gone....NON-PAYMENT

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

everything to do with Cohen is cut throat!

Larry in Lawrence, New York

60 months ago

justice1 in brooklyn, New York said: No....3 of the buildings are under contruction by non-union companys and half way through they were gone....NON-PAYMENT

Of course - he always uses non union labor in construction

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Larry in Lawrence, New York

60 months ago

And BTW - I was not fired - I was lucky enough to see the light and get out when the time was right. I landed in a company that is night and day comapared to CBR.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Former property management executive

59 months ago

32BJ has had a long reputation of allowing non-union where it was more profitible to do so, that is why the union officials has previously, and will continue to be regularly be purged for corruption. A owner will take advantage of any operating costs savings as long as he is legally shielded from any reprocussions by the presence of the management company as intermediatary.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

john in Plainview, New York

59 months ago

what are your feelings about local 94?It is a shame but a reality of whats going on these days with the unions.I think the future of this industry will be non union.There is just too much corruption and eventually all these guys will be without a job.cohen brothers realty just seems to do whatever it wants to do and soon alot more companies will join them because they see there are no repocussions from the union.What a shame!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

whisper now in NY, New York

59 months ago

jose in Huntington Station, New York said: Has anyone ever worked for Cohen Bothers in NYC?

There have been a number of people fired over several months as CB has cleaned house with a new team. These are well known, honest and respected industry names. Look it up. Many of the posts below are probably from those fired for cause. Some of them were fired for real serious cause. Their comments are proving their charecter beyond anything I can write here. The new environment at CB is honest and professional.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

Ex employee in Brooklyn, New York said: Yes. They are one of, if not the worst RE company in Manhattan. Second only to Rudin.

The property managers jobs are revolving doors. All control comes from CSC. No one else. If CSC feels you are doing sub-par, he will have you terminated without notice and in a subverse manner. Avoid at all costs - go with a legitmate company, such as CBRE or Tishman.

This response is obviously written by a dismissed and disgruntled ex-employee...probably one of the results of the house cleaning going on at this shop. Don't believe a word of it. Nothing wrong with Cohen Brothers. But they have no tolerance for the old nonsense.

Chrissy in White Plains, New York

59 months ago

Let me school you on being a vendor for Cohen.
He contracts you for a job for $600K
The materials cost $200K
You have a payroll of $15K per week for four months.
Then you wait for your money.
Then they give you more work, make like your the favored vendor.
Give you another job for $250K
You still have to put out for materials and payroll.
Do you have $800K liquid to roll these jobs sir or madam?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

john in Plainview, New York said: Listen whisper in new york,If cohen paid his people properly and gave a bonus employees wouldnt feel the need to look for extra income and if cohen showed he gave a you know what about his people the company would not be a revolving door and it would be a much better company,I think you are very confused and full of it.Do you think maddy marcus and tony citrone are not getting kick backs from vendors?Or luis and steve are not making money selling porter jobs and making money off vendors?Why wouldnt they.Why should they be so loyal to a man that under pays them and could give a crap about them!

Apparently your theory is that if you don't make as much as you feel you're worth, its okay to steal or take bribes. Or at least its justified. Fortunately, there are honest people in this business. Really!! A lot of firms have gone through a purging. If you have a complaint, take it to the DA, unless, of course you have no evidence, just a grudge. The DA would love to hear about kickbacks, so go ahead. Make the call. Or send the evidence anonymously to Mr. Cohen. Why use a job site forum to make accusations?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

john in Plainview, New York

58 months ago

Every time you try to send Mr. Cohen any info it is screened by numerous people and he never gets a chance to see it.I do agree with you that there are some honest people in this business but not at cohen.There is nothing but phony backstabbers who do not care about anyone.As far as going to a da i wouldnt waste my time.The truth always comes out and they will get what is coming to them.That is not my theory it is reality.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

john in Plainview, New York said: Every time you try to send Mr. Cohen any info it is screened by numerous people and he never gets a chance to see it.I do agree with you that there are some honest people in this business but not at cohen.There is nothing but phony backstabbers who do not care about anyone.As far as going to a da i wouldnt waste my time.The truth always comes out and they will get what is coming to them.That is not my theory it is reality.

So rather than try to do something productive like attempting to provide evidence to the DA or Mr. Cohen, you would name people and slander them personally on a job posting site. Apparently you don't think they will attempt to obtain your ID and hire a lawyer to sue you for slander. All I can advise if that happens is that you better have both evidence and a good lawyer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

paula in Plainview, New York

58 months ago

I love it.The people still left uptown think they are safe.I cant wait to see them go down.Mr cohen has alot of properties that he and his low paid people he surrounds himself with are running them to the ground.The best thing to do for the industry is for mr. cohen to sell his properties and disolve his so called company.Maybe he should move out to hollywood and make movies!lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Claire12 in Waterford, Connecticut

58 months ago

I don't think I've ever heard of Cohen Bros, but they sound like many other property mgmt companies - some people think well of them, while others are very disatisfied. There's that old saying, "living well is the best revenge.". Please do not take the word "revenge" literally. Simply put, sometimes it involves way too much negative effort to try to "get even" with those unkind and petty individuals who have treated us most unfairly. Chances are, employers who enjoy running the company with an "iron fist," make up (or change) the rules (policies & procedures) on a whim, and frequently exert the "Employment at Will" practice just because they "changed their mind" about you - will be punished for all the "wrongs" they have committed - and you won't have to do a thing. We've all heard the saying, "what comes around, goes around". Leave all your sorrows in the hands of Divine Justice - have faith - life is a great equalizer. Hold your head high; have faith that doing the Right thing, is always the Best thing; most importantly - treat others as you wish to be treated, be the kind of person you would like to know.
If you follow these simple steps for living - wherever they lead you, you will be a winner.

I truly wish the very best of everything to each and every one of you.

Claire12

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

Claire you are absolutely right.What goes around comes around.The remaining employees of cohen will get the ax eventually and the new ones will soon see whats going on and fall into the unhappy rutt that everyone before them has fallen into.I wish everyone that has visited this blog luck and happiness.charles Cohen and his joke of a company does not deserve your precious time and energy.Just move on and be happy.It was always only a stepping stone to something far better.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

This is all well and good, nice fluffy stuff, but if I saw this forum before ever taking work from Cohen, I would have told all that I appreciated them voicing their experiences.

Our life and the lives of other vendors have been ruined.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

whisper now in NY, New York said: Chrissy is a completely fabricated fraud. There is no Chrissy. There is no divorced husband and no 3 children (in one posting) or 4 children (in another posting). (Can't keep them straight Chrissy?) No one is talking to dateline. Total fiction by probably another fired employee who was up to no good.

There is a Chrissy.
Yes, I have changed some details to remain anonymous but the facts are there.
I wouldn't want to expose myself and ruin one opportunity I may have for one payment from this man.
I would say who I am, but there are other vendors that do the same job as my husband did, and I wouldn't want them to be jepardized by my statements.
What is the point of your statement anyway?
I didn't say Dateline was doing a story.
They are investigating MY story.

tiredofit in Atlanta, Georgia

58 months ago

Larry in Lawrence, New York said: Stop drinking before you post !

yeah i use to work for them for a while when i was back in ny and it wasn't so bad. why don't all of you say who you are when you talk or admit you have no spine. you use everyone elses names so use your own.

Claire12 in Waterford, Connecticut

58 months ago

My heart goes out to all of you who have been treated so deplorably by the Manhattan real estate firm you are actively discussing. And in my previous comments, I certainly didn't intend to come across like some "goody two-shoes" with all the answers; but I can see how it might have seemed that way and I sincerely apologize.
The truth is - after many years of working for one company as a property manager (the position was ideal in every way and I loved it); about 10 years ago, the company "reorganized", my wonderful position was "eliminated" - and no matter how hard I try, I seem to have nothing but difficulties and problems.
I have been hired for various property management positions since then and, for one bogus reason or another; either I leave the job due to unbelievably shabby treatment, or "they" "can" me after only a couple of weeks, citing reasons such as "we're not a good match".
I realize many of you are from the NY area, and my location is Southeastern Connecticut - but some real estate companies are nationwide. I worked at one about 5 years ago -AHEPA APARTMENTS -
these are federally-funded units for persons at least 62 years old. This should have worked out well for me, most of my experience is in subsidized housing. But honestly, I never worked for such MEAN people in all my life. Has anyone out there heard of AHEPA????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

FifthManager in New York, New York

58 months ago

Hey, I landed a property manager job in midtown near Rock Center! It's a great building at a great location, although some of the tenant spaces have terrible paint jobs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

- Indeed Host in Austin, Texas

58 months ago

Hello everyone, This is a forum for people to discuss jobs, industries, companies and such. While we encourage the exchange of ideas and opinions, we ask that you refrain from using others' names, making personal attacks as well as offensive comments. We also ask that you keep all comments on topic. Please help us foster a professional and informative environment for all our users. Indeed Admin

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

c12croft

58 months ago

Admin,
Thank you for your supervision, we will try to refrain from potentially offensive language in the future. Please understand that most people involved in New York City real estate management and maintenance are passionate at what they do.

c12croft

58 months ago

Claire12 in Waterford, Connecticut said: My heart goes out to all of you who have been treated so deplorably by the Manhattan real estate firm you are actively discussing. And in my previous comments, I certainly didn't intend to come across like some "goody two-shoes" with all the answers; but I can see how it might have seemed that way and I sincerely apologize.
The truth is - after many years of working for one company as a property manager (the position was ideal in every way and I loved it); about 10 years ago, the company "reorganized", my wonderful position was "eliminated" - and no matter how hard I try, I seem to have nothing but difficulties and problems.
I have been hired for various property management positions since then and, for one bogus reason or another; either I leave the job due to unbelievably shabby treatment, or "they" "can" me after only a couple of weeks, citing reasons such as "we're not a good match".
I realize many of you are from the NY area, and my location is Southeastern Connecticut - but some real estate companies are nationwide. I worked at one about 5 years ago -AHEPA APARTMENTS -
these are federally-funded units for persons at least 62 years old. This should have worked out well for me, most of my experience is in subsidized housing. But honestly, I never worked for such MEAN people in all my life. Has anyone out there heard of AHEPA????

Me thinks you should consider changing careers

58 months ago

That is all true ks.The tenants suffer on a daily basis.they are paying big rents and are nickel and dimed daily.They charge premium price for cleaning services and provide sub-par performance.They hire cheap labor which we all know you get what you pay for.They burn all the contractors and now are resorting to a choice of all no union fly by night companies which usually get screwed over quickly.They give you $100 for petty cash that better last a long time.Can you beleive runig a multi million dollar building with a $100.what a joke.There is no christmas bonuses for anyone nor any sort of party for the union workers.They have a cheesy party at cohens restaurant where nobody knows each other because of the high turnover of employees.I really wish that the press would expose this slumlord for what he is but i guess this forum will have to do.

58 months ago

Cohen tenants suffer so greatly that in a bad economy, his buildings maintain 90% occupancy nationwide, tenants regularly renew their leases and new tenants sign weekly. Brokers like Cushman & Wakefield, Williams, CB Richard Ellis, Grubb & Ellis, and JLL are trying hard to represent the company's leasing portfolio. Contractors and suppliers are beating down CBRC doors to do work and somehow keep coming back for more work. Somebody must be paying them! And this has been going on for 50 years. The fact is that the company's and the industry's use of nonunion contractors is a reflection of the demise of many unions. On the other hand, CBRC is one of the City's largest employers of Local 32 and 94 and supports these basis service unions.

Paula seems to think tenants care about petty cash accounts, employee bonuses or whether the Local 94 guys get a Christmas party. Hint: they don't.

Paula in Plainview, New York

58 months ago

Give me a break whisper.You know as well as i that the reputation of this so called organization is deplorable.You will find out when cohen fires you and you go on interviews and mention where you last worked and they start laughing and making jokes.His relationships with the unions are horrible going to many greviences and arbitrations on a regular basis.The contractors keep coming back because if they dont they will not be paid the money that they are owed from the previous jobs.Stop trying to sugar coat the obvious.This man is amonster who only cares about himself.Your loyalty is a waste of time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

That is such bull whisper.The only person that works for cohen with any kind of tenure is maddy and steve.And the building managers maybe last 2 or 3 years.those are facts.And the ones that come back only come back because there is nothing else right now.Nobody chooses to come to cohen brothers.Whisper keep trying to convince yourself that this is a good place to work.When is the last time you got a raise?Or have you ever gotten a xmas bonus?All you got was some crummy dinner with an atmosphere of kiss ass in a very uncomfortable restaurant.When has cohen ever been loyal to anyone?

c12croft

58 months ago

FYI,
For those of you who may by now be recognizing my email / user name know that I was a VP and in charge of management for a significant owner/ developer in nyc for a disabling accident stopped me, otherwise i'd still be there . I know how the system works, my boss probsably made Cohen seem like Mr Rogers Neighborhood but it's just the nature of the beast; you need thick skin or just get out. They use and abuse because THEY CAN. We are tools to be used, when we break it's time for a new one. I'm sure you can use whatvever metaphor you wish, but there is appreciation for a job well done, or sincere effort to do so. Unless you're family don't expect for them to love you. Why should you?
Just understand it for what it is.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

c12croft said: FYI,
For those of you who may by now be recognizing my email / user name know that I was a VP and in charge of management for a significant owner/ developer in nyc for a disabling accident stopped me, otherwise i'd still be there . I know how the system works, my boss probsably made Cohen seem like Mr Rogers Neighborhood but it's just the nature of the beast; you need thick skin or just get out. They use and abuse because THEY CAN. We are tools to be used, when we break it's time for a new one. I'm sure you can use whatvever metaphor you wish, but there is appreciation for a job well done, or sincere effort to do so. Unless you're family don't expect for them to love you. Why should you?
Just understand it for what it is.

Well said. You need very thick skin in this business. If you are timid and not willing to give 110%, find another career. It is, after all, New York City real estate. If you want warm and cuddly, don't expect to find it in this market...at least not in this business...and definitely not in this economy.

Some people are "looking for love in all the wrong places" So, "if you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with."

scottlcamp@hotmail.com in Daytona Beach, Florida

58 months ago

Good Comments
From,downSouth
If their not in N.Y. or Boston.
Their down here.
I Know your Pain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who Loves You Baby:

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

You are right this business is not for the weak at heart.However being treated like a human being instead of like yesterdays newspaper after you give your all is not fair no matter where you work.I know life is not fair so better to move on and be happy and make cohen a distant memory.

GG in Brooklyn, New York

57 months ago

c12croft said: Mr. Cohen is the president and chief executive of the Cohen Brothers Realty Corporation, which owns more than 12 million square feet of office and design center properties nationwide.........
Charles S. Cohen
PLEASE SEE WHOLE ARTICLE BY By VIVIAN MARINO
NY TIMES
www.nytimes.com/2009/11/01/realestate/commercial/01sqft.html?_r=1&ref=realestate

The article is full of fabrications. Most notable - his buildings nationwide are not near 90% leased. Take a look at 805 3rd and 623 5th for evidence. He likely is correct on 979 Third Avenue, but TTs need to be there because it is the center of the design trade.

Puddington in New York, New York

57 months ago

Go GG in Brooklyn! you obviously know your stuff. How about this - how many contractors has Cohen put out of business due to non payment.

1. Trico Electric

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Breaking Buildings in huntington, New York

57 months ago

KS,
I have never, and will never work for the Cohens in any capacity. I have however worked in property management both commercial and residential where I have joined the trade organizations and witnessed the dirty dealing cleaning contractors, metal/marble(azstec et al) to the restoration companies flush with payoffs to the managers. Just go to a BOMA/ IREM lunch meetings to see the no-neck acct reps and managers embrace each other and pass envelopes. Maybe even refinishing work at manager's homes serve as a kickback, ie; huntington, li.
These managers give the business a bad name, but it's standard business practice in nyc.

me in Fort Lee, New Jersey

57 months ago

unless you're ok with the possibility of being involved in a legal action against this website, i would stop posting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Booper in New York, New York

57 months ago

it's true, they all suck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

c12croft

57 months ago

Suck or not, that is nyc property management.
You can bash them all you want, or just trade careers. Cohen is no better worse than the others. I could trade some stories of the others that make Cohen seem like an angel.
It's just the nature of the beast.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse