Proposal Writing

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

AmandaWriter/Editor in Glenelg, Maryland

39 months ago

So Ive been out of college for almost 2 years. Got my degree in English Lit and have been working as a Lead Writer/Editor for a company in Columbia MD. I write catalog copy, newsletters, user manuals, pretty much everything. I'm enrolled in a RFP RFQ proposal writing class currently but Ive been sending resume's out for months and EVERYONE needs experience and not 1-3 either, I have seen nothing less than 3-5 and most are 5-7+ years of experience.

How exactly am I supposed to get experience when no one is willing to hire entry level and teach?
I'm taking the class but it doesn't seem to have helped my resume or boosted my marketability. Any suggestions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Princess in Baltimore, Maryland

38 months ago

Hello Ms.Amanda!

My suggestion would be to do some free or sliding scale writing to non-profits, schools or churches. They are always in need of help in this area. Baltimore County Volunteers website would be a good place to start. You have the skills its just right now we have to do things FREE or cheap to get experience.

Have a wonderful day just on purpose!

AmandaWriter/Editor in Glenelg, Maryland said: So Ive been out of college for almost 2 years. Got my degree in English Lit and have been working as a Lead Writer/Editor for a company in Columbia MD. I write catalog copy, newsletters, user manuals, pretty much everything. I'm enrolled in a RFP RFQ proposal writing class currently but Ive been sending resume's out for months and EVERYONE needs experience and not 1-3 either, I have seen nothing less than 3-5 and most are 5-7+ years of experience.

How exactly am I supposed to get experience when no one is willing to hire entry level and teach?
I'm taking the class but it doesn't seem to have helped my resume or boosted my marketability. Any suggestions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

kdederich in De Pere, Wisconsin

33 months ago

Some companies have positions which will give you this experience but they do not call it a proposal writer or proposal manager. I now have almost 6 years in writing proposals for RFP's and I just found out last week that it is an actual job title. I created this position from scratch at a construction company. My title has changed throughout the time. Project Management assistant, PM Coordinator, PM Supervisor, Corporate Trainer, Sales Assistant, and now Bid Coordinator. As soon as I find a way to approach the title topic again, I will have it changed to Proposal Writer as that is what I actually do. In summary, I suggest searching for job descriptions with key words that match the work a proposal writer does and do not pay attention to the job title.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Moe in Chatsworth, California

31 months ago

I am in need of an experienced government Proposal writer. please contact me

amznoorz@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.