Reimbursement for Psychologists in Arizona

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Lisa in Scottsdale, Arizona

80 months ago

I'm thinking about going back for my Masters degree in psychology...is it worth it? According to this website, the average salary for a psychologist in Scottsdale is $55k. I make more as a pharmaceutical rep, that's pathetic.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Nicholas in Chester, Virginia

49 months ago

Lisa in Scottsdale, Arizona said: I'm thinking about going back for my Masters degree in psychology...is it worth it? According to this website, the average salary for a psychologist in Scottsdale is $55k. I make more as a pharmaceutical rep, that's pathetic.

It depends on the reason for returning to obtain a master's in psychology. If your doing it for the passion of helping someone, then it would be completely worth it. If money is the reason you are thinking of returning, I would reconsider. Perhaps, you might want to take it a step further to receive a M.D. degree to become a psychiatrists. They make far more money than psychologists, but you will be in school longer. Psychologist are considered technical staff at a medical facility, thus reimbursed at a must lower rate. Psychiatrists are consider medical physicians and compensated for services rendered. Hope this helps :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nicholas in Chester, Virginia

49 months ago

Lisa in Scottsdale, Arizona said: I'm thinking about going back for my Masters degree in psychology...is it worth it? According to this website, the average salary for a psychologist in Scottsdale is $55k. I make more as a pharmaceutical rep, that's pathetic.

It depends on the reason for returning to obtain a master's in psychology. If your doing it for the passion of helping someone, then it would be completely worth it. If money is the reason you are thinking of returning, I would reconsider. Perhaps, you might want to take it a step further to receive a M.D. degree to become a psychiatrists. They make far more money than psychologists, but you will be in school longer. Psychologist are considered technical staff at a medical facility, thus reimbursed at a must lower rate. Psychiatrists are consider medical physicians and compensated for services rendered. Hope this helps :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.