getting a job

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

danalind in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

67 months ago

How do I find an entry level job in psychology or counseling. I have a BS in Psychology and am starting a masters in Counseling. I want to stay in Southeastern or southcenteral Wisconsin area.
Thanks for you help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

christinea5575 in Scottsdale, Arizona

53 months ago

I was just curious if you were able to find an entry level job in psychology. I'm about to graduate with a BA. Was your school able to help you at all?

christinea5575 in Champaign, Illinois

53 months ago

Nope and none on the horizon. I am findng that I need to have a masters to get even an entry level job.

christinea5575 in Scottsdale, Arizona

53 months ago

Sorry to hear that. I really wish there was more opportunity at the BA/BS level. I redcently talked to someone in the corrections field (state prison system) who said they hire entry level behavioral health technicicans with a bachelor's degree to evaluate new inmates while working closely with the mental health team. The starting salary is in the low to mid $40k's.

Best of luck to you.

christinea5575 in Champaign, Illinois

53 months ago

Thanks, I keep looking, good luck to you also.

mommyg2 in Glendale Heights, Illinois

49 months ago

I have my Masters degree in psychology and I am having the same difficulty as you are in finding a job. I have gotten case manager jobs with a bachelors degree but I didn't like the dynamic or the politics of the companies I was working for. They didn't meet my ethical standards. I am looking for some respectable company that helps individuals in need other than trying to make a buck.

Good luck in your endeavors. I am not trying to discourage you from getting your degree but it is hard on every level.

danalind@charter.net in Alton, Illinois

49 months ago

I would love to get a case manager's job, but it seems in this state you need a masters to be a case manager.

mommyg2 in Glendale Heights, Illinois

48 months ago

Look up developmental agencies and mental health group homes and ICF facilities. I am about an hour north of you. All they require is a Bachelors degree for case managers. The difficulty is getting in to the positions.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.