psychotherapist career

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Julia in Mobile, Alabama

95 months ago

I'm 15 and I think I want to be a psychotherapist. What type of person qualifies for this job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

tom in Carlow, Ireland

94 months ago

hi julia,
i suppose the first thing you need is the interest in the field.and i really think its great that at your age you have found something that you would like a career in.i dont really know what qualifications you need in the states to enter into the profession as i am living in ireland,but for me i would suggest that a good listener would be one quality that can be helpful.maybe another would be an understanding of yourself in the emotional and mental departments,and this is essential if you wish to become a good therapist.and really this can be only achieved within your own life experience.
i hope that i am not putting you off by giving you these examples of whats required.but remember,if you wish to have a career in this ,that is all you really need.the rest will fall into place with hard work.
all i can say is that i have been doing it for a few years and it is deeply rewarding,and life changing.

kind regards
tom

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.