Tips for public safety dispatcher interviews.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming public safety dispatcher interview?

Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

Reply - Report abuse

ok2bu in Los Angeles, California

86 months ago

check out html or google 'public safety dispatcher interview questions'. They'll provide just about all of the interview questions. A lot of agencies like experience in customer service so don't think that just because you've never had experience in dispatching you won't get the job. I was a waitress for 8 years before I became a dispatcher. If you've had experience in customer service, talk about you've had to deal with all sorts of people. how you've learned to handle difficult people. etc. Go online (or if possible, sit in on calls or do a ride along) and try to get as much information on the agency as possible. You'll be asked why you want to work for their agency and your answer won't be because it pays well or has good can be I like that your department is community based and involves the public. I like that its a small department so it allows me to get to know the people I'm working with, etc

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.