Tips for purchasing agent interviews.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming purchasing agent interview?

Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

Reply - Report abuse

daniel j Malkin in Youngstown, Ohio

88 months ago

I have purchasing knowlede with well over 10 years experience. I have bought heavy machinery, office supplies, food, furniture, tools, metal products, and glass. So I am confident I have the knowledge that they look for. But I rarely get an interview, please tell me why.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Mark J. McCann in Salt Lake City, Utah

75 months ago

My belief is most employers do not have a firm understanding of the Purchasing function. Nowadays, most Purchasing Agents rely heavily on experience, however, education in accounting or finance, earning a CPM, training in Strategic Sourcing, learning the elements of collaborative supply chain management is cutting edge criteria. Still, there is a select few employers that just want someone... with no understanding, no education, no training, and no certifications so they don't have to pay them very much.
Plus, there are a lot of people interviewing to find profitable companies that will remunerate better than where they are currently working. These people will say whatever sounds good without proof that they know what they are actually commenting on. So, I commiserate with you; nothing worthwhile is ever easy!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Chuck Chipner in American Fork, Utah

25 months ago

Thanks for all of the helpful tips on preparing for a <a href="www.mypurchasingagent.com">purchasing agent</a> interview! I am going to be looking for a job in this field very soon, and being able to prepare myself by reading things like this has been very helpful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.