How to get a job in QA

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (27)

Yuga in Royersford, Pennsylvania

85 months ago

I am a QA Analyst with more than 3 yrs of experience and was working in one of the asian country. But as I moved here I am searching job in the same profile but nothing is happening. Im trying since last 4-5 months(..applying online, has registered on almost all the job portals) but getting ZERO replies from recruiters. Consultants do call sometimes and frwd my resume to recruiter but no reply then onwards.

Am I wrong somewhere,,,,or my approach is not correct,,im really in confusion,,please waiting for ur comments---

note- Im having my EAD(authority to legally work in US) so they wont ve to worry for my sponsorship.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (130) / No (30) Reply - Report abuse

Sweta Panda in Columbia, Maryland

75 months ago

Priya,

Have you found any job as a QA tester?I am also searching but no luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Siva in Tampa, Florida

74 months ago

QA jobs are not for house wifes that just got their EAD. All the house wifes seem to think they can just jump in to IT as a QA analyst. Those days are long gone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (49) Reply - Report abuse

Rassel in Forest Hills, New York

64 months ago

Good luck guys
no is the time to get job
job are coming

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

dv in Melbourne, Australia

62 months ago

Yuga in Royersford, Pennsylvania said: I am a QA Analyst with more than 3 yrs of experience and was working in one of the asian country. But as I moved here I am searching job in the same profile but nothing is happening. Im trying since last 4-5 months(..applying online, has registered on almost all the job portals) but getting ZERO replies from recruiters. Consultants do call sometimes and frwd my resume to recruiter but no reply then onwards.

Am I wrong somewhere,,,,or my approach is not correct,,im really in confusion,,please waiting for ur comments---

note- Im having my EAD(authority to legally work in US) so they wont ve to worry for my sponsorship.

Hey I am a Quality Officer in Melbourne.. What you should really do is contact the right person in company. You should start making list of companies in your city call them and ask for the person responsible for say QA in hs/her company and than talk to them or seek advice. It helps

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

nursesherry in Fuquay Varina, North Carolina

49 months ago

Vanitha in Smyrna, Georgia said: Hi all,

Well am also looking for opportunities in BA/QA. So if anyone gets to know anything, please do let me know. I am very much willing for a relocation.

I saw a job, a few actually on the following site. 2 year degree or less for most. www.indeed.com/forum/job/qa-analyst/get-job or it is www.Careerbuilders.com and the Raleigh/Durham and Fuquay-Varina,NC area. It's BEAUTIFUL here.

dwillia7557 in California in Baldwin Park, California

46 months ago

Well am also looking for opportunities in BA/QA. So if anyone gets to know anything, please do let me know.
Thanks
Daniel

Anup Rai in Greensboro, North Carolina

45 months ago

Hello Daniel,
Contact me at email2rai@gmail.com or call eight zero four three four nine nine zero one five.
if you are looking for Job for QA.
We are specialized in QA training, placement and support. We offer the QA Training and support in PeopleSoft QA, Oracle Application QA. Automation and manual testing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Fiesty Mango in Nampa, Idaho

44 months ago

How can I start a career in QA? What kind of experience will I need?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mam in Hyderabad, India

44 months ago

How can I start a career in QA? What kind of experience will I need?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ozmo in Edison, New Jersey

42 months ago

I think i will stop coming to Indeed.com for job information from now on. These posts are so idiotic and ignorant.

The ORIGINAL POST already asked about what QA positions look for in their candidates.

Why do all these followup posts beg, "How can I get a QA job?" "How can I start a QA career"?

It demonstrates that you lack the ethic to even read through a thread before you post in it. These people, I'm afraid, are doomed in the job market.

But let me leave you with some tips. Some basic skills you will need for a job are:

1) Good communication skills
2) An ability to think logically or analytically
3) Attention to detail
4) Ability to work in a team
5) A willingness to work hard

A QA role will often have you working with both developers of a system, and users of a system. You must have a basic understanding of how to program, so you can understand the codebase, and so you can write the scripts that automate the testing process. The concept of program logic is similar across all languages, so the specific technology is not so important.

If you have no experience or education at all, it would help by taking some computer science or programming courses. Or, if you are broke, you can download some tutorials off the web and write programs on your own. Since you won't have a degree or certificate in this case, it'd help to create a program or website on your own that you can use to demonstrate your ability to learn and use a technical skill.

One thing is for sure. Going on forums and posting pathetic, useless questions like "How can I get a job" when it's already been asked before, is not going to get you a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

SheetalC in Meridian, Idaho

41 months ago

mam in Hyderabad, India said: How can I start a career in QA? What kind of experience will I need?

Go to H2kinfosys.com for training.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Nastia Zablotskaya in Chicago

41 months ago

Yuga in Royersford, Pennsylvania said: I am a QA Analyst with more than 3 yrs of experience and was working in one of the asian country. But as I moved here I am searching job in the same profile but nothing is happening. Im trying since last 4-5 months(..applying online, has registered on almost all the job portals) but getting ZERO replies from recruiters. Consultants do call sometimes and frwd my resume to recruiter but no reply then onwards.

HAVE EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITIES FOR QUALITY ASSURANCE TESTERS IN ILLINOIS! CONTACT ME IN AN INSTANT TO DISCUSS THE DETAILS AT NASTIAZ@4TEGROUP.COM

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Vito in San Francisco, California

37 months ago

My company is expanding and looking for QA Engineers to work in San Francisco. If you want to work in one of the fastest growing startups in the valley give me your email and I will send you the information.

Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

37 months ago

I don't know if that last comment is because of what I posted but I just wanted to say that I'm not a recruiter. I'm a software engineer and my company is looking for QA Engineers. I don't participate in the recruiting process and it's easy to find information online about the company I work for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

lta in Shrewsbury, Pennsylvania

36 months ago

Vito in San Francisco, California said: My company is expanding and looking for QA Engineers to work in San Francisco. If you want to work in one of the fastest growing startups in the valley give me your email and I will send you the information.

Thank you.

I am looking for QA engineer to work at baltimore area.can please help if you know any openings in this area.

36 months ago

Sorry, I just know about the positions we have open at my company in San Francisco.
Good luck with your search!

neel in Raritan, New Jersey

35 months ago

Are there jobs available for experienced freelance QA Testers to work from home?

farhan in Plano, Texas

34 months ago

abc in Smyrna, Georgia said: Siva,

Ur reply is so stupid and makes me think that u r ignorant. U cant even spell the word 'housewives'... U have a stupid opinion about Indian women looking for work in the US. This is a land of opportunities....only that, this is a tough time...But this too shall pass. So pls leave ur arrogant attitude behind and start to help people around...

My brother teaches the QA course in Carrollton, TX and I took the QA course from him i have not applied because i still own my own business and wanted to add this to my resume just incase i need that. From our last batch we had 15 people and 12 found the job. I talked to them what helped. If you are new to the QA position and looking for a Job. here are my tips. Make sure to look at your resume and put the keywords used by the people in the industry. For example dont say application use the word build, If you can speak dual language say indian and US or Urdu say you are comfortable with a bridged calls, these are tag words that people in the industry look for when they read your resume. Put your skills in the summary page, My brother in a QA manage for fortune 500 company, my brother in law is the PManager in AA, my whole family is in QA. Another advice i can give you is when they ask you about automation dont be afraid to say yes in real job you will not do automation but they want to know if you know add the tools like QTP that is the most widely used tool. Dont just say you did record and playback everyone can do that you have to expand a little so they know you understand. For example you know how to add objects to the object repository, what if the build url changes what do you do in that case, you can rewrite all 200 test cases what you do is you have to create a function library and than you can change the constant. I hope this helps. also learn the SOAPUI tool for mobile testing future for next 10 years in industry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No Reply - Report abuse

Shivang in Gurgaon, India

29 months ago

See guys, I am a recruiter.. honestly speaking, there r soo many QA resources in the market that it gets really hard for a recruiter to submit a profile. U mass mail the job and ur inbox gets filled immediately with QA guys.. and most positions get filled internally.. :( I myself wanna get into QA industry cos i like it.. :( wt i would suggest is that if u want quick responses from recruiters, u need to do something different for normal QA.. As in, some skills that are hard to find by a recruiter.. for eg, selenium, TentNG etc.. nw I am not a technical person and i really dont know what these skills are but i am just tryin to help u all from a US recruiters point of view.. :) Hope u find it useful..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MM in Arlington, Texas

27 months ago

farhan in Plano, Texas said: My brother teaches the QA course in Carrollton, TX and I took the QA course from him i have not applied because i still own my own business and wanted to add this to my resume just incase i need that. From our last batch we had 15 people and 12 found the job. I talked to them what helped. If you are new to the QA position and looking for a Job. here are my tips. Make sure to look at your resume and put the keywords used by the people in the industry. For example dont say application use the word build, If you can speak dual language say indian and US or Urdu say you are comfortable with a bridged calls, these are tag words that people in the industry look for when they read your resume. Put your skills in the summary page, My brother in a QA manage for fortune 500 company, my brother in law is the PManager in AA, my whole family is in QA. Another advice i can give you is when they ask you about automation dont be afraid to say yes in real job you will not do automation but they want to know if you know add the tools like QTP that is the most widely used tool. Dont just say you did record and playback everyone can do that you have to expand a little so they know you understand. For example you know how to add objects to the object repository, what if the build url changes what do you do in that case, you can rewrite all 200 test cases what you do is you have to create a function library and than you can change the constant. I hope this helps. also learn the SOAPUI tool for mobile testing future for next 10 years in industry.

You said your brother teaches QA course in Carrollton, TX .. I would like to get some QA certification, can you give me the address or some information about the institute????

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Farah in Irving, Texas

26 months ago

farhan in Plano, Texas said: My brother teaches the QA course in Carrollton, TX and I took the QA course from him i have not applied because i still own my own business and wanted to add this to my resume just incase i need that. From our last batch we had 15 people and 12 found the job. I talked to them what helped. If you are new to the QA position and looking for a Job. here are my tips. Make sure to look at your resume and put the keywords used by the people in the industry. For example dont say application use the word build, If you can speak dual language say indian and US or Urdu say you are comfortable with a bridged calls, these are tag words that people in the industry look for when they read your resume. Put your skills in the summary page, My brother in a QA manage for fortune 500 company, my brother in law is the PManager in AA, my whole family is in QA. Another advice i can give you is when they ask you about automation dont be afraid to say yes in real job you will not do automation but they want to know if you know add the tools like QTP that is the most widely used tool. Dont just say you did record and playback everyone can do that you have to expand a little so they know you understand. For example you know how to add objects to the object repository, what if the build url changes what do you do in that case, you can rewrite all 200 test cases what you do is you have to create a function library and than you can change the constant. I hope this helps. also learn the SOAPUI tool for mobile testing future for next 10 years in industry.

Hi Farhan, I'm not sure if you will get this comment since this thread is quite old. However, I just finished a QA course in Irving,TX and need all the advice that I can get. Would you mind e-mailing me so I can discuss QA with you since you live in Plano?

My e-mail is ferrariansari7@yahoo.com

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

anuny in Austin, Texas

23 months ago

Hi,

I am 4+ years experienced QA professional.currently at austin. Looking for manual testing jobs. I was in an Asian company but now resigned.

Gomathi in San Jose, California

15 months ago

Vito in San Francisco, California said: My company is expanding and looking for QA Engineers to work in San Francisco. If you want to work in one of the fastest growing startups in the valley give me your email and I will send you the information.

Thank you.

gomathi.kin@gmail.com

adhuriadhruv in South Weymouth, Massachusetts

13 months ago

Gomathi in San Jose, California said: gomathi.kin@gmail.com

ADHURIAD@GMAIL.COM

rishi in Trenton, New Jersey

10 months ago

Anup Rai in Greensboro, North Carolina said: Hello Daniel,
Contact me at email2rai@gmail.com or call eight zero four three four nine nine zero one five.
if you are looking for Job for QA.
We are specialized in QA training, placement and support. We offer the QA Training and support in PeopleSoft QA, Oracle Application QA. Automation and manual testing.

Send me info about qa TRAINING

rishi in Trenton, New Jersey

10 months ago

Gomathi in San Jose, California said: gomathi.kin@gmail.com

sEND ME INFO ABOUT QA JOBS

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.