How to get a job in QA

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 56)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Yuga in Royersford, Pennsylvania

75 months ago

I am a QA Analyst with more than 3 yrs of experience and was working in one of the asian country. But as I moved here I am searching job in the same profile but nothing is happening. Im trying since last 4-5 months(..applying online, has registered on almost all the job portals) but getting ZERO replies from recruiters. Consultants do call sometimes and frwd my resume to recruiter but no reply then onwards.

Am I wrong somewhere,,,,or my approach is not correct,,im really in confusion,,please waiting for ur comments---

note- Im having my EAD(authority to legally work in US) so they wont ve to worry for my sponsorship.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (117) / No (27) Reply - Report abuse

Bicky in Van Nuys, California

70 months ago

ajay in Akron, Ohio said: hey guys can some body advise me which of the feild is good in QA ANALYST.

Go for Automated testing...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sweta Panda in Columbia, Maryland

65 months ago

Priya,

Have you found any job as a QA tester?I am also searching but no luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Ajay in Akron, Ohio

65 months ago

Hi All
Its Tuff market out there i have been looking last 4 monts but no luck.
Thanks
Ajay

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

anju in Cleveland, Ohio

64 months ago

Hello
looking for a qa job ..but no luck ..can anyone help me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

bhavana in Elkins Park, Pennsylvania

64 months ago

hi priya,

I am also doing the same ...
do you find any opertunities.... or improvement...
ifso can you help me out

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

priya in Smyrna, Georgia

64 months ago

Hi all,
i'm still looking for QA job. i have an EAD. I'm not getting any calls.
pls let me know what needs to be done...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Siva in Tampa, Florida

63 months ago

QA jobs are not for house wifes that just got their EAD. All the house wifes seem to think they can just jump in to IT as a QA analyst. Those days are long gone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (43) Reply - Report abuse

XYZ in West Chester, Pennsylvania

63 months ago

Siva in Tampa, Florida said: QA jobs are not for house wifes that just got their EAD. All the house wifes seem to think they can just jump in to IT as a QA analyst. Those days are long gone.

Dear Siva,
May I ask that who r u to comment on "QA jobs are not for house wifes that just got their EAD. All the house wifes seem to think they can just jump in to IT as a QA analyst. Those days are long gone" just by seeing a female name applying for a QA job?Ur this thought proves that u r a mentally sick person with anti-female attitude...If u can't help others,then sit at ur home and mind ur own business.No need to put negative and disheartening comments.May God bless u.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

anju in Cleveland, Ohio

63 months ago

i love ur reply .i was feeling bad about siva's attitude ..but i think some people are born with that ...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

XYZ in West Chester, Pennsylvania

63 months ago

anju in Cleveland, Ohio said: i love ur reply .i was feeling bad about siva's attitude ..but i think some people are born with that ...

Hi,Did u manage to get a job as a QA tester?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

abc in Smyrna, Georgia

63 months ago

Siva,

Ur reply is so stupid and makes me think that u r ignorant. U cant even spell the word 'housewives'... U have a stupid opinion about Indian women looking for work in the US. This is a land of opportunities....only that, this is a tough time...But this too shall pass. So pls leave ur arrogant attitude behind and start to help people around...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sri, in Los Angeles, California

63 months ago

Siva in Tampa, Florida said: QA jobs are not for house wifes that just got their EAD. All the house wifes seem to think they can just jump in to IT as a QA analyst. Those days are long gone.

Siva,

If you’re in the good position try to help someone those who are looking for jobs or shut your mouth and do your job, but don’t discourage others. You stupid guy!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Vanitha in Smyrna, Georgia

63 months ago

Hi all,

Well am also looking for opportunities in BA/QA. So if anyone gets to know anything, please do let me know. I am very much willing for a relocation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

abc in Smyrna, Georgia

63 months ago

Vanitha in Smyrna, Georgia said: Hi all,

Well am also looking for opportunities in BA/QA. So if anyone gets to know anything, please do let me know. I am very much willing for a relocation.

Hi Vanitha,

Can u give me ur email id (some junk email id that u can put up in the forum). I am also in Smyrna, so we could discuss, if u r ok.

thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

Hi,

Good to see ur comment. You can reach me at "jobsin2009@yahoo.com". So r u also searching for jobs right now?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

abc in Smyrna, Georgia

63 months ago

Vanitha in Smyrna, Georgia said: Hi,

Good to see ur comment. You can reach me at "jobsin2009@yahoo.com". So r u also searching for jobs right now?

i wrote to u

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

lily in Fairfield, Ohio

63 months ago

Hi all,
Did anyone get jobs in QA recently.I am also looking since 2 months, i am seeing lot of Ads in dice n monster n here and applying for them but no calls from them.
Any information is helpful. Thanks in advance.

Tulip in Basking Ridge, New Jersey

62 months ago

Siva is an idiot person.Ignore him and do your best.Good luck to all of you!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Isaac in Monrovia, Liberia

62 months ago

I am really interesting in getting a job with ur company, but I don't know how to get through. I need ur help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

vanitha in Smyrna, Georgia

62 months ago

lily in Fairfield, Ohio said: Hi all,
Did anyone get jobs in QA recently.I am also looking since 2 months, i am seeing lot of Ads in dice n monster n here and applying for them but no calls from them.
Any information is helpful. Thanks in advance.

Hello Friend,

Well we are able to see a lot of job opportunities in dice and monster but believe me nothings working. I had been searching for an opportunity since six months. But wait patiently something should work out now.

Thanks

lily in Fairfield, Ohio

62 months ago

vanitha in Smyrna, Georgia said: Hello Friend,

Well we are able to see a lot of job opportunities in dice and monster but believe me nothings working. I had been searching for an opportunity since six months. But wait patiently something should work out now.

Thanks

Thank you for your encouragement.But i don't know why they post Ads if they don't want to respond to them.Are you getting any calls or mails??

abc in Smyrna, Georgia

62 months ago

I too see lots of job openings in dice, monster. I'm searching for the last six months....i apply to ads in dice and monster, but nobody is replying.

Anyone working in Software Testing field in Atlanta, pls let me know of openings in your company. Your help is much appreciated.

thanks

Sima in West Chester, Pennsylvania

62 months ago

Hi,I m also looking for QA opportunities.If anything in Philadelphia area,please let me know.I will be very very thankful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

vani in Elkins Park, Pennsylvania

62 months ago

Hi seema its nice to see your mail i am also from philly looking for project on QA its nice to meet you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sima in West Chester, Pennsylvania

62 months ago

vani in Elkins Park, Pennsylvania said: Hi seema its nice to see your mail i am also from philly looking for project on QA its nice to meet you.

Hi,May I have ur email id so that we can talk abt any opportunities?

vani in Elkins Park, Pennsylvania

62 months ago

hi seema,

Its nice to see your reply...
Here is my mail id vani.kapu@gmail.com .. kepp in touch

Bye
TC

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

rani in Los Angeles, California

62 months ago

Ohh God !! what will happen with me, i read all comments,atleast u ppl have exp..but i don't have exp and my english is not that much strong.i just complete my comp degree after marrage and i have 4 yrs old child.i am sooo confuse what to do?.Should i choose QA or developer.
plsssss help me out

thanks
rani

mdfree in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

62 months ago

There is a lot of competition out there for only a few QA jobs. I'm currently looking to fill 2 QA position in Sioux Falls, SD. Must be EAD, or GC and both are 6 month contracts. Unfortunately corp-to-corp isn't an option. Reply back and I will reach out to you. Thanks.

Minimum Qualifications:
7-10 years of related experience in business requirement analysis, Testing and Quality Assurance.
Demonstrated experience in project sizing for test analysts.
Demonstrated experience in creation and execution of complex test plans and test scripts at the enterprise release level
Minimum of 3-5 years of previous Test Lead and Coordination experience on medium to large enterprise level projects.
Strong organizational and communications skills.
Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
Must have strong interpersonal skills and should work both independently and as part of a team and thrive on technical challenges
Ability to work and communicate with a variety of users at all levels who may be either local or remote.
Self directed and works under minimal supervision

Preferred Skills:
Extensive Testing experience in mainframe based application software with experience on CICS, DB2 and TSO Software Quality Assurance Certification Knowledge of Student Loans Corporation and industry a plus
Hands on experience with test automation tools and testing methodology.

62 months ago

Ohh its a good opportunity but very unfortunate about the constraints of GC or EAD. I am on my h1 visa and have all the requirements satisfied but if you have any other requirements do let me know.

Thanks,
Vanitha

mdfree in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: There is a lot of competition out there for only a few QA jobs. I'm currently looking to fill 2 QA position in Sioux Falls, SD. Must be EAD, or GC and both are 6 month contracts. Unfortunately corp-to-corp isn't an option. Reply back and I will reach out to you. Thanks.

Minimum Qualifications:
7-10 years of related experience in business requirement analysis, Testing and Quality Assurance.
Demonstrated experience in project sizing for test analysts.
Demonstrated experience in creation and execution of complex test plans and test scripts at the enterprise release level
Minimum of 3-5 years of previous Test Lead and Coordination experience on medium to large enterprise level projects.
Strong organizational and communications skills.
Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
Must have strong interpersonal skills and should work both independently and as part of a team and thrive on technical challenges
Ability to work and communicate with a variety of users at all levels who may be either local or remote.
Self directed and works under minimal supervision

Preferred Skills:
Extensive Testing experience in mainframe based application software with experience on CICS, DB2 and TSO Software Quality Assurance Certification Knowledge of Student Loans Corporation and industry a plus
Hands on experience with test automation tools and testing methodology.

gmeades in Springfield, Massachusetts

61 months ago

I've got 10 years experience in QA work doing Software Integration Testing for various companies. I've written procedure and training manuals, created testing documentation and internal documentation, as well as interdepartmental communications which positioned the QA departments as adding value to the development and systems areas.

I've been looking for work as either a test engineer or QA team lead/manager for 2 1/2 years now. If anyone knows of any positions that are looking for an individual experienced in QA testing, please contact me.

Thanks...!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Guru in Mississauga, Ontario

56 months ago

Hello my esteem QA colleagues,

It appears that even though there is a great need for our niche of career we are never taken quite serious by the employers hiring. We are normally contracted out to hi profile industries who ask for up to 10 years experience in the QA field with knowledge of every automated tool, application, methodologies, degrees, certification etc…however diplomacy always seems to evade the job descriptions. It would seem that this is more important to the people who hire us to do what they have no experience to do, test and implement quality software. I have been a consultant for 13 years and have experienced the most brutal show of support by most of the clients I am hired to assist in the quest for best practice and application of QA process and methodology.
Most companies seek us out to provide the solutions to poor product development however the mangers and directors who lead do not support the concept of quality assurance but rather embrace comfort in no change at all. We get paid over six figures a year by companies who say they want the best product in the market yet when we advise the very same directors and mangers that best practice and industry standard methodology is lacking and offer solutions to make things better, we are either seen as trouble makers or just released from contracts.
RIM has proved just recently that they lack quality in their products by implementing an upgrade (patch) in the blackberry network which crashed production because like most companies the patch was only unit tested and did not go through the full cycle of test methodology.
The solution: Companies need to stop allowing the inexperienced directors and mangers who have less than 3% of the qualification they require us to have make decisions. Most of theses companies lose millions of dollars a month because of poor leadership and lack of support in the very solution they seek us out for Quality Assurance.

Don’t despair if you are not working y

Rassel in Forest Hills, New York

53 months ago

Good luck guys
no is the time to get job
job are coming

dv in Melbourne, Australia

51 months ago

Yuga in Royersford, Pennsylvania said: I am a QA Analyst with more than 3 yrs of experience and was working in one of the asian country. But as I moved here I am searching job in the same profile but nothing is happening. Im trying since last 4-5 months(..applying online, has registered on almost all the job portals) but getting ZERO replies from recruiters. Consultants do call sometimes and frwd my resume to recruiter but no reply then onwards.

Am I wrong somewhere,,,,or my approach is not correct,,im really in confusion,,please waiting for ur comments---

note- Im having my EAD(authority to legally work in US) so they wont ve to worry for my sponsorship.

Hey I am a Quality Officer in Melbourne.. What you should really do is contact the right person in company. You should start making list of companies in your city call them and ask for the person responsible for say QA in hs/her company and than talk to them or seek advice. It helps

nursesherry in Fuquay Varina, North Carolina

39 months ago

Vanitha in Smyrna, Georgia said: Hi all,

I saw a job, a few actually on the following site. 2 year degree or less for most. www.indeed.com/forum/job/qa-analyst/get-job or it is www.Careerbuilders.com and the Raleigh/Durham and Fuquay-Varina,NC area. It's BEAUTIFUL here.

dwillia7557 in California in Baldwin Park, California

35 months ago

Well am also looking for opportunities in BA/QA. So if anyone gets to know anything, please do let me know.
Thanks
Daniel

Anup Rai in Greensboro, North Carolina

34 months ago

Hello Daniel,
Contact me at email2rai@gmail.com or call eight zero four three four nine nine zero one five.
if you are looking for Job for QA.
We are specialized in QA training, placement and support. We offer the QA Training and support in PeopleSoft QA, Oracle Application QA. Automation and manual testing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Fiesty Mango in Nampa, Idaho

34 months ago

How can I start a career in QA? What kind of experience will I need?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mam in Hyderabad, India

33 months ago

How can I start a career in QA? What kind of experience will I need?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ozmo in Edison, New Jersey

31 months ago

I think i will stop coming to Indeed.com for job information from now on. These posts are so idiotic and ignorant.

The ORIGINAL POST already asked about what QA positions look for in their candidates.

Why do all these followup posts beg, "How can I get a QA job?" "How can I start a QA career"?

It demonstrates that you lack the ethic to even read through a thread before you post in it. These people, I'm afraid, are doomed in the job market.

But let me leave you with some tips. Some basic skills you will need for a job are:

1) Good communication skills
2) An ability to think logically or analytically
3) Attention to detail
4) Ability to work in a team
5) A willingness to work hard

A QA role will often have you working with both developers of a system, and users of a system. You must have a basic understanding of how to program, so you can understand the codebase, and so you can write the scripts that automate the testing process. The concept of program logic is similar across all languages, so the specific technology is not so important.

If you have no experience or education at all, it would help by taking some computer science or programming courses. Or, if you are broke, you can download some tutorials off the web and write programs on your own. Since you won't have a degree or certificate in this case, it'd help to create a program or website on your own that you can use to demonstrate your ability to learn and use a technical skill.

One thing is for sure. Going on forums and posting pathetic, useless questions like "How can I get a job" when it's already been asked before, is not going to get you a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

SheetalC in Meridian, Idaho

31 months ago

mam in Hyderabad, India said: How can I start a career in QA? What kind of experience will I need?

Go to H2kinfosys.com for training.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Nastia Zablotskaya in Chicago

30 months ago

Yuga in Royersford, Pennsylvania said: I am a QA Analyst with more than 3 yrs of experience and was working in one of the asian country. But as I moved here I am searching job in the same profile but nothing is happening. Im trying since last 4-5 months(..applying online, has registered on almost all the job portals) but getting ZERO replies from recruiters. Consultants do call sometimes and frwd my resume to recruiter but no reply then onwards.

HAVE EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITIES FOR QUALITY ASSURANCE TESTERS IN ILLINOIS! CONTACT ME IN AN INSTANT TO DISCUSS THE DETAILS AT NASTIAZ@4TEGROUP.COM

Vito in San Francisco, California

26 months ago

My company is expanding and looking for QA Engineers to work in San Francisco. If you want to work in one of the fastest growing startups in the valley give me your email and I will send you the information.

Thank you.

26 months ago

I don't know if that last comment is because of what I posted but I just wanted to say that I'm not a recruiter. I'm a software engineer and my company is looking for QA Engineers. I don't participate in the recruiting process and it's easy to find information online about the company I work for.

lta in Shrewsbury, Pennsylvania

26 months ago

Vito in San Francisco, California said: My company is expanding and looking for QA Engineers to work in San Francisco. If you want to work in one of the fastest growing startups in the valley give me your email and I will send you the information.

Thank you.

I am looking for QA engineer to work at baltimore area.can please help if you know any openings in this area.

26 months ago

Sorry, I just know about the positions we have open at my company in San Francisco.
Good luck with your search!

neel in Raritan, New Jersey

24 months ago

Are there jobs available for experienced freelance QA Testers to work from home?

farhan in Plano, Texas

24 months ago

abc in Smyrna, Georgia said: Siva,

Ur reply is so stupid and makes me think that u r ignorant. U cant even spell the word 'housewives'... U have a stupid opinion about Indian women looking for work in the US. This is a land of opportunities....only that, this is a tough time...But this too shall pass. So pls leave ur arrogant attitude behind and start to help people around...

My brother teaches the QA course in Carrollton, TX and I took the QA course from him i have not applied because i still own my own business and wanted to add this to my resume just incase i need that. From our last batch we had 15 people and 12 found the job. I talked to them what helped. If you are new to the QA position and looking for a Job. here are my tips. Make sure to look at your resume and put the keywords used by the people in the industry. For example dont say application use the word build, If you can speak dual language say indian and US or Urdu say you are comfortable with a bridged calls, these are tag words that people in the industry look for when they read your resume. Put your skills in the summary page, My brother in a QA manage for fortune 500 company, my brother in law is the PManager in AA, my whole family is in QA. Another advice i can give you is when they ask you about automation dont be afraid to say yes in real job you will not do automation but they want to know if you know add the tools like QTP that is the most widely used tool. Dont just say you did record and playback everyone can do that you have to expand a little so they know you understand. For example you know how to add objects to the object repository, what if the build url changes what do you do in that case, you can rewrite all 200 test cases what you do is you have to create a function library and than you can change the constant. I hope this helps. also learn the SOAPUI tool for mobile testing future for next 10 years in industry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

Shivang in Gurgaon, India

19 months ago

See guys, I am a recruiter.. honestly speaking, there r soo many QA resources in the market that it gets really hard for a recruiter to submit a profile. U mass mail the job and ur inbox gets filled immediately with QA guys.. and most positions get filled internally.. :( I myself wanna get into QA industry cos i like it.. :( wt i would suggest is that if u want quick responses from recruiters, u need to do something different for normal QA.. As in, some skills that are hard to find by a recruiter.. for eg, selenium, TentNG etc.. nw I am not a technical person and i really dont know what these skills are but i am just tryin to help u all from a US recruiters point of view.. :) Hope u find it useful..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MM in Arlington, Texas

17 months ago

farhan in Plano, Texas said: My brother teaches the QA course in Carrollton, TX and I took the QA course from him i have not applied because i still own my own business and wanted to add this to my resume just incase i need that. From our last batch we had 15 people and 12 found the job. I talked to them what helped. If you are new to the QA position and looking for a Job. here are my tips. Make sure to look at your resume and put the keywords used by the people in the industry. For example dont say application use the word build, If you can speak dual language say indian and US or Urdu say you are comfortable with a bridged calls, these are tag words that people in the industry look for when they read your resume. Put your skills in the summary page, My brother in a QA manage for fortune 500 company, my brother in law is the PManager in AA, my whole family is in QA. Another advice i can give you is when they ask you about automation dont be afraid to say yes in real job you will not do automation but they want to know if you know add the tools like QTP that is the most widely used tool. Dont just say you did record and playback everyone can do that you have to expand a little so they know you understand. For example you know how to add objects to the object repository, what if the build url changes what do you do in that case, you can rewrite all 200 test cases what you do is you have to create a function library and than you can change the constant. I hope this helps. also learn the SOAPUI tool for mobile testing future for next 10 years in industry.

You said your brother teaches QA course in Carrollton, TX .. I would like to get some QA certification, can you give me the address or some information about the institute????

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.