Getting an rn case manager job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

How did you get your start doing rn case manager work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

dianne in Sanford, Florida

95 months ago

Host said: How did you get your start doing rn case manager work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Please answer question

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

SJ in Missouri City, Texas

95 months ago

Hi, It was rather hard for me to get started in case management. I had been trying for at least 3 years (off/on) to get my foot in the door, but it was hard because I had no experience. I lucked up and got a position with a company, based in Cali, and they took a chance on me and the best part is that I got to work from home. I am now with an insurance co (just started) wking with the Medicare/Medicaid population. From my experience, most jobs would like for you to at least have your BSN and like nurses who are detail oriented, can work well independently and have some knowledge on what ever company you're applying for,whether it be, Medicare/Medicaid,workman's comp, etc. If you don't have any experience (like I didn't) I would suggest that you take a CM course (continuing ed.) that would give you some knowledge and it would also show that you are serious about CM. It's a great field and most jobs allow you to work from home....

Reply - Report abuse

dianne in Sanford, Florida

95 months ago

Thanks for the info. I'm considering enrolling in an online class for MBA for case but it cost soooo much! don't know what to do.

Reply - Report abuse

1955 in Silver City, New Mexico

89 months ago

I have a social work degree but i am not licenced. I have done case managment for 10 years but my salery is going down not up.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.