Rad Therapy 3+1 program

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Barry in Wheaton, Illinois

27 months ago

Helping my son plan for college next year and researching careers of interest to him and he's landed at both Physical Therapy and Rad Therapy. Both have patient interaction which is important for him.

The problem we've noticed is most degree's for PT are in field which don't offer much if you don't get accepted to the Doctorate program in PT. These degree's are typically Biology, Kensiology, Psychology etc. The other option is to get into a Pre-PT program, but again if things don't work out, you're stuck with starting over.

He's now looking at a 3+1 program in the Rad area. The program he's looking at is set up so that the 1st 3 yrs are spent on your pre-reques and obtaining your Rad Therapist degree/certification. Your 4th year is totally devoted to your BS dgree in your selected specialty, either sonography, radiation therapy or MRI/tomography.

I understand the current market seems flooded with canidates with few job opportunities but would hope it opens up before he graduates. Also, understanding that you can enter PT school with any BS degree provided you have the needed pre-reques, he still has the opportunity to go down that path if the Rad area didn't pan out.

As you can see, I'm trying to ensure he has options and fall back plans in case his initial plans go south, which they ofter do.

Thoughts?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Barry in Channahon, Illinois

27 months ago

Any Thoughts?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

billsart in New York, New York

26 months ago

Here is all the coursework for a radiation therapist program if he wants to take a look
: radiationtherapy.tk/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.