Radiation Therapist Pros and Cons?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Selena Wright in Jackson, Michigan

39 months ago

What are the Pros and Cons of becoming a radiation therapist? Will I spend all my time in a hospital and not be able to have a life? Will I be surronded by people dying on me causing me to become depressed? Will I change lives and find this job extremely rewarding?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

raven in Baltimore, Maryland

38 months ago

you Will change lives and find this job extremely rewarding most jobs are 8 - 430 with no or little on call

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

MRT(T) in Toronto, Ontario

31 months ago

Pros: good money, very rewarding
Cons: fast paced, very hard to find jobs for new grads

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

DanaMarieK in North Babylon, New York

17 months ago

Hi!
I'm really interested in becoming a radiation therapist. I am just worried that I will be exposed to too much radiation that will cause me to become ill or lose my ability to have children? I feel like im the only one worried about being exposed to the radiation. I'm very young and I just want to know if this is the right job for people who want to have kids after working in this feild and radiation a few years. Thanks!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

billsart in New York, New York

15 months ago

DanaMarieK in North Babylon, New York said: Hi!
I'm really interested in becoming a radiation therapist. I am just worried that I will be exposed to too much radiation that will cause me to become ill or lose my ability to have children ? I feel like im the only one worried about being exposed to the radiation. I'm very young and I just want to know if this is the right job for people who want to have kids after working in this feild and radiation a few years. Thanks!!

I see you are on Long Island so I can assume you are looking into the NCC program. Great program with very nice people. You will not be exposed to radiation, that is a thing of the past. We use machines now that produce radiation when they are on and when they are off there is no radiation whatsoever. Many female therapists work well into their pregnancies and they have special badges that monitor them and their unborn child while they are at work.

You can check out some of the course material I put together when I went there : radiationtherapy.tk/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

15 months ago

Wow! Thank you so much for this! I am going to NCC, and this post made me ten times more excited about it! Thank you so much for your notes! I greatly appreciate it! I hope by the time I'm finished with this program, more jobs will be open. Thank you so much again!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

13 months ago

@billsart- I was wondering if you still go to school at NCC or if you graduated and have a job now. If you do did you find one in new york? How do you think the job market is for this? Do you think that the associates degree would be enough?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.