Starting radiation therapy.. help?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

pallmall in Binghamton, New York

17 months ago

Hi, I've recently decided that I want to go into radiation therapy field so I did much research but still don't know much about it. I was hoping if any of you therapists or current students out there could help me out with some more info.

I'm in 4-year college right now and about to graduate in just 3 semesters with a non science major BA degree. My university does not provide a radiation therapy program. So.. should I graduate first and look for radiation therapy schools or should I just not waste my time here at this university? And how long would the process of education be before I actually become a radiation therapist? If anyone knows what to do in my situation any info is greatly appreciated!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Chris Flowers in Mount Pleasant, Michigan

17 months ago

Let me know when you figure it out! I'm in the same boat, but graduating in 2 months with a biology degree and don't know what path to take. Hope it works out!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

pallmall in Binghamton, New York

17 months ago

Hey, i just read your own post under mine. I'm sure biology major is good for any medical field to enter into since you probably have much pre-reqs done. Good for you man. Since I've narrowed down my path to radiology, I been doing some research and I'm probably going to finish school here since bachelor degree is good for being hired, I heard. I'll do my pre-reqs after graduation I guess. Hope you find out the right path for yourself too in the nearby future. Good luck man!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.