What's after radiation therapy?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

vm1027 in Tyler, Texas

22 months ago

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has transitioned to another career after radiation therapy? I have 20+ yrs experience in therapy and considering a change.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Shiloh Litton in Salisbury, Maryland

22 months ago

I just met a woman who is a therapist but works for Philips. She is on the sales team for their CT's used for simulation. I've also known people to go into research hear and there.

RegrettingRTT in Syracuse, New York

22 months ago

Get out now. I speak from experience. Don't waste your time/money/ and energy. It's not worth it to go thru alllllll that and not get a job. A trash collector is a better job with better opportunities. Screw RTT I wish I never wasted my time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

kandi106 in Ithaca, New York

19 months ago

I recently called a radiation therapy school in Syracuse, NY and I was told that I must be willing to move for this career. I will tell you,( regretting rtt) that there is a job opening for a radiation therapist in Ithaca, at Cayuga medical. I don't know if this helps. It's too bad that all colleges aren't always this honest.

19 months ago

I know from personal experience how frustrating the job search can be for a radiation therapist position. Yes, you should be open to relocation. It took me 2 years to find my job and I did have to relocate. I have no regrets. I have a great job with great colleagues and even more amazing patients. Wouldn't trade it for the world.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

hjemerso in Bloomington, Indiana

19 months ago

I am more than willing to move. In fact I've been applying for jobs all over the country and still nothing. Radio silence. All I get are rejection letters stating they are looking at "more qualified candidate" as in people with prior experience. I can't get my foot in the door anywhere and it's dreadful. Why will no one hire new graduates?

19 months ago

hjemerso in Bloomington, Indiana said: I am more than willing to move. In fact I've been applying for jobs all over the country and still nothing. Radio silence. All I get are rejection letters stating they are looking at "more qualified candidate" as in people with prior experience. I can't get my foot in the door anywhere and it's dreadful. Why will no one hire new graduates?

Places do like to hire new grads...if they are in a position to do so. If their census is high and they already have several staff who are green, they want to hire someone who has experience and can hit the ground running. If the existing staff are more seasoned, then it would be easier and more cost effective to hire a new grad. It's all situational. Those rejection letters are form letters. You can't take them personal.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.