Delta Conditional Job Offer....How long for training??

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Colin in Flower Mound, Texas

28 months ago

Hi there.

I recently went through two phone interviews, and flew to Atlanta for a f2f interview. They offered me the position (Cargo/Baggage Handler - Summer/Ready Reserve) on the spot. I of course accepted and did all of the testing...hearing test, physical test, drug test, finger prints, etc. I thought I had gotten the job.

It's been about a week and a half and I haven't received information on training dates...or anything for that matter. The position is supposed to start May 1st, and training is 2 weeks and 3 days, meaning it would almost have to start Monday (in about 4 days). I live in Dallas and need at least 2 days notice to get out there. I'm moving out to Atlanta so I need a job, and thought this was it.

Today I called the recruiters and asked for any kind of update/information. All they could tell me is that everything on my file is in order and that I should hear something within 6 MONTHS.

I don't understand. Is getting that far mean that I wasn't hired? Is there another number I can call for more information? I'm kind of freaking out because I'm moving out to Atlanta regardless, and I need to have a job. Thanks for any help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Pmong in Elmont, New York

10 months ago

Colin in Flower Mound, Texas said: Hi there.

I recently went through two phone interviews, and flew to Atlanta for a f2f interview. They offered me the position (Cargo/Baggage Handler - Summer/Ready Reserve) on the spot. I of course accepted and did all of the testing...hearing test, physical test, drug test, finger prints, etc. I thought I had gotten the job.

It's been about a week and a half and I haven't received information on training dates...or anything for that matter. The position is supposed to start May 1st, and training is 2 weeks and 3 days, meaning it would almost have to start Monday (in about 4 days). I live in Dallas and need at least 2 days notice to get out there. I'm moving out to Atlanta so I need a job, and thought this was it.

Today I called the recruiters and asked for any kind of update/information. All they could tell me is that everything on my file is in order and that I should hear something within 6 MONTHS.

I don't understand. Is getting that far mean that I wasn't hired? Is there another number I can call for more information? I'm kind of freaking out because I'm moving out to Atlanta regardless, and I need to have a job. Thanks for any help!

Did you hear anything back from them?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.