Interview with Spirit for Ramp....need some advice please!!

Comments (9)

Deon B in North Miami Beach, Florida

74 months ago

Hey folks....I have an interview with Spirit Airlines for a ramp position. I would like to know if anyone on here has had an interview with Spirit for the ramp before? If so...what kind of questions can I expect? I worked for United for 10 years, so I have some ramp experience. I am feeling a little bit nervous and excited at the same time! I would really love to land this job. Any advice would be greatly appreciated....Thanks.

Deon B.

Kevin in Garden City, Michigan

73 months ago

I wish you the best in your pursuit of this position. I worked six years at the Detroit station. I was a family referral, although the interview process is not a tough one. As you can guess, there is a lengthy security clearance procedure, especially since 9/11. It's more of a chance where you demonstrate your abilities to the ramp supervisors versus taking a class or orientation first. I am assuming you are applying for the position at Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood. I will be honest: They have many different flights from there to the Carribean over the course of a day; staffing quantities have always been a concern. Be prepared to literally go that extra mile and do extra work in order to get the job done. But if you possess a good work ethic, it should be no problem for you.

Deon B in North Miami Beach, Florida

73 months ago

Kevin in Garden City, Michigan said: I wish you the best in your pursuit of this position. I worked six years at the Detroit station. I was a family referral, although the interview process is not a tough one. As you can guess, there is a lengthy security clearance procedure, especially since 9/11. It's more of a chance where you demonstrate your abilities to the ramp supervisors versus taking a class or orientation first. I am assuming you are applying for the position at Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood. I will be honest: They have many different flights from there to the Carribean over the course of a day; staffing quantities have always been a concern. Be prepared to literally go that extra mile and do extra work in order to get the job done. But if you possess a good work ethic, it should be no problem for you.

Hey Kevin, thanks for the info. I had my interview today 9:30am. The interview was quick....probably lasted 5 min.

someone in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

73 months ago

NK MYR ramp agent here! good luck!

jackson in Prospect Heights, Illinois

71 months ago

someone in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina said: NK MYR ramp agent here! good luck!

I want a ramp job in florida with Spirit so I can fly back to the islands. Which stations can I work the ramp at? I'd like tampa or orlando

someone in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

69 months ago

jackson in Prospect Heights, Illinois said: I want a ramp job in florida with Spirit so I can fly back to the islands. Which stations can I work the ramp at? I'd like tampa or orlando

Spirit uses contractors in those cities which may/may not get flight benefits.

Bill Hill in San Antonio, Texas

52 months ago

Don't work for Spirit. They have horrible supervisors.

matt in Hollywood, Florida

49 months ago

Bill Hill in San Antonio, Texas said: Don't work for Spirit. They have horrible supervisors.

ohh really? and im sure you know and have had personal interaction with each one

leon in Chicago, Illinois

34 months ago

In every workplace there will be lame supervisors...Why should we not work for Spirit??? Stop Hating!!!!! At one point in time ( if not currently) that Spirit Salary paid your bills.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.