What are the best ramp agent qualifications and training to get ahead?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

What is the best training for becoming a ramp agent? What types of ongoing training or certifications are necessary to be an effective ramp agent?

What do non-traditional career paths look like?

Reply - Report abuse

peter in Central District, Hong Kong

34 months ago

Hi. I am also a ramp agent in Hong Kong for half year already . Ramp agent in Hong Kong is not a hard work to do ,even u don't need to marselling the aircraft , just like an office boy to send out though papers and coordinate other party they want so, when I saw the ramp agent from other country , they need to be a handset person, I am feeling how small I. am. . Here is the airline I handle. Tiger airways, Hong Kong airline ,cebu pacific, delta, Turkish airline cargo, singapore airline cargo and I an certificated load sheet handler for cebu pacific nice to meet u guys online welcome to share your exprience in airport careers

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

peter in Central District, Hong Kong

34 months ago

Hi. I am also a ramp agent in Hong Kong for half year already . Ramp agent in Hong Kong is not a hard work to do ,even u don't need to marselling the aircraft , just like an office boy to send out though papers and coordinate other party they want so, when I saw the ramp agent from other country , they need to be a handset person, I am feeling how small I. am. . Here is the airline I handle. Tiger airways, Hong Kong airline ,cebu pacific, delta, Turkish airline cargo, singapore airline cargo and I an certificated load sheet handler for cebu pacific nice to meet u guys online welcome to share your exprience in airport careers

FedEx007 in Whittier, California

22 months ago

rmonlv in Long Beach, California said: I work as a ramp agent in LAX for two years. You dont need training before you enter is like entering the military they will train you there, they just need people that can handle the job, Ramp agent is like bootcamp in short explanation, it requires a lot of body action. It depends if you are built to do the job. I seen a lot of people that was hired fat and they loose weight big time and they love it. Some people they quit in a week..

Hi rmonlv, do you still work at lax? If so what airline? I got my f2f coming up this Monday for a part time ramp agent position and I have a few questions.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.