HOW CAN I OBTAIN A RECEPTIONIST JOB WITHOUT FORMAL TRAINING? OR CAN I???

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 111 of 111)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

KJ in Colorado Springs, Colorado

19 months ago

Debbi Mununo in Sarasota, Florida said: Im a recetpionist and love it! I even blow bubbles with bubble gum at my desk, and my boss, George, says he thinks I am cute, and laughes everytime I do that.

so your the one who took my job! that irks the crap out of me when I read this. Iworked 20 years as an HR assistant receptionist and when I got laid off I went to places where they hired 20year old bimbos to do the job I use to have. I am so glad I went into my own business.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

whatever in Vancouver, British Columbia

18 months ago

LOL... I agree with Rachel in florida. who talks about being a ex druggy? wow...noone cares that youve overcome it... and that makes people put off and less likely to give genuine advice. Try learning how to spell first and foremost, as that is kind of key... and then ask yourself what would make you better than the hundreds of girls applying for Receptionist jobs daily, and to each posting. You've gotta stand out and be the best. Also - learning how to take critisism is a must for any type of Office work and if u cant handle people being blunt and honest about your chances and opinions based on what and how you've typed, then maybe your not cut out to be a Receptionist.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jan Yladvik in Chicago, Illinois

18 months ago

There are very few receptionist jobs anymore. Most businesses have an automated voicemail system! Receptionist is fast becoming a thing of the past. Sorry folks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

whatever in Vancouver, British Columbia

18 months ago

what a delusional thing to say @ Jay Yladvik! Every successful and prestigious business has a receptionist, and will continue to do so.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

Sorry, but its not delusional at all. I am old enough to remember when there were far more job opportunities for receptionists.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Receptionist in Vancouver, British Columbia

18 months ago

completely and utterly delusional. only loser companies cant afford them. reception will never be a thing of tha past. maybe u are. LOL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

Maybe YOU are the one who is hopeless, and can't get a job other than answering a phone. That is why you are so upset to learn that these types of jobs are declining. Mail clerk, receptionist and admin jobs are all being slowly phased out by technological advances. Get with the times. Go back to school to learn something!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

yuritza in Houston, Texas

12 months ago

Don't get discourage so fast you will have your chance. Start by costumer service to increase your skills then keep going until you get more. My job experience are great so far but I’m still learning, to get higher position. I went from high school drop out working as a cashier in 2008 furnishing place; Working to increase my costumer service skills and basic computer skills with different software that jobs are providing. I went back to school for two months to graduate in 2009.I always try to make friends with owners and managers, it helps to increase chance for them to recommend you to another facility to grow. After I graduated in year 2009 a teacher recommended me to another person to become an assistant instructor for basic computer classes working with Microsoft Software. From then the owner sent me to his nephew. To work part time as a receptionist for 3 attorneys, answering calls, basic office work, as the other half of my time I volunteer for the other attorney in the same office, as her legal assistant it increased my skills in data entry, accounting, managing all kinds of documents and drafting filing in court receiving and and managing all kinds of money. My duties as a legal assistant where hard but worth it. From there I had sufficient skills to go apply with an agency and they manage to get me into accounting clerk at age 25 right now with no college degree, my advice take one step at a time if you need the money get part time job and do the other half for your career.

yuritza in Houston, Texas

12 months ago

Please excuse me if, I made some grammar or spelling mistakes I'm human, it happens when you try to type fast.

Saddy in Goshen, New York

2 months ago

Erin said: I was just wondering why the two people that responded to my question had to be so rude. What is it that you too do for A living? And better yet, why would you read those forums if you insist on being rude. I'm 24years old and I got clean from heroin 3 years ago and a year and a half later I became pregnant. I have made such a turn around in my life.

P.S.- DON'T READ QUESTIONS FROM FORUMS IF YOU CAN'T BE HELPFUL AND POLITE!!!!

So I truly don't wish to be rude, but my first suggestion is to take an English grammar course. You need to know which two/to/too to use, when to add question marks and when to capitalize words. Plus you really should take criticism better. Good for you for getting your life back together, but no one will hire you if you shout back at the first negative feedback. If you want to be a receptionist, you need to show how kind you are and how you wish to help in any situation that may occur.

Velma Ashby in Miami, Florida

5 days ago

If you really want to a job of receptionist so there are more skills form which you can make your job more effective like typing skill on computer other languages skills etc any way best of luck.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.