Show me the money...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Host

What are typical receptionist salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

Visitor in Louisville, Kentucky

92 months ago

Receptionists in Kentucky make an average of $9.00 - $11.00 per hour depending on experience. There's always much more involved than answering the phone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

laura_ii@hotmail.com in Albany, New York

92 months ago

In NY City a receptionist at a top-tier corporate law firm can make $55,000/yr, plus very good benefits.
A temp receptionist who doesn't do any secretrial work, can make $12-$15/an hour. A temp receptionist who does some secretarial work along w/the reception duties can make $15-$18/an hour.

Guest in Woodland Hills, California

92 months ago

Here in Florida can range from $8.50 up to $14.00... You just have to look around for the best salary.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Debbie in Grande Prairie, Alberta

82 months ago

I live in an oil/gas area, lots of both, so as you can expect wages are a little highter than normal. Receptionists can expect to be paid anywhere from 15 to and up an hr. I have had interviews with some oil related companies that will pay 3000 a month with 100% of the medical benifits paid. And that isn't bad.

semere in New York, New York

82 months ago

laura_ii@hotmail.com in Albany, New York said: In NY City a receptionist at a top-tier corporate law firm can make $55,000/yr, plus very good benefits.
A temp receptionist who doesn't do any secretrial work, can make $12-$15/an hour. A temp receptionist who does some secretarial work along w/the reception duties can make $15-$18/an hour.

I am looking at this time for receptionist,also i am filixible at any time so I may be intersting at your adevrtisiment

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Katie in Santa Clara, California

81 months ago

Here in Silicon Valley, it ranges from 12-15$/hour. I also have amazing benefits, with 100% of health and dental paid, and a great 401K plan.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Deb

81 months ago

Here in CT, it's 8.50-15.00 depending on company, hours, experience and location.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mary Ann in North Haven, Connecticut

75 months ago

Hi! After over a year and 80 applications (20+ one on one interviews) I FINALLY got a position as a receptionist in a small law firm. The reason I got it I believe was because of my experience and skills. This is the first office that hired me for the above and not that it didn't hire me because of my age. I believe it was just my determination and faith that brought me through. Believe me, I almost gave up but I just couldn't!

Everything comes to those who wait and it finally did.

The pay is only $12 an hour and my last job over a year ago was paying $15, but I cannot complain, IT'S A JOB!!! A reason to get up in the morning. A Paycheck every Friday. Thank Goodness!

Just hang in there. Something will come along. Everyone kept telling me this and I believed them. Times are bad right now, but this too shall pass!!!!

Good Luck to all of You.
Sincerely,

Mary Ann

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.