To be the best...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

What are the top 3 traits or skills every recreation therapist must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your recreation therapist expertise?

Reply - Report abuse

Shari in Sheboygan, Wisconsin

86 months ago

The most important skill to display is your professionalism. May places act as if having an activity department is an extra, and that anyone can run one. Other things that are important are always being organized and friendly to the residents, families and other department employees.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Adriana in Saskatoon, Sask. in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

53 months ago

Do you share your passion for your residents in everything you do and say? Can the residents see, feel and hear that you really care for them? Is there Joy is all you do? If you truly love what you are doing and the people you are serving - then you have a fantastic start.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

MAMA O in Glen Cove, New York

42 months ago

Adriana in Saskatoon, Sask. in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan said: Do you share your passion for your residents in everything you do and say? Can the residents see, feel and hear that you really care for them? Is there Joy is all you do? If you truly love what you are doing and the people you are serving - then you have a fantastic start.

I TOTALLY agree! ENTHUIASM is a MUST....AND JOY! I have a greatful heart as well....remember it is our Privelege to work with this population,,, NOT EVERYONE can do this job....I have been in the field for over twenty years... I love every hour I spend working with the participants in an Adult Day Care setting!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

MAMA O in Glen Cove, New York

42 months ago

Enthusiasm and JOY in all you do is right on! You should see the joy in the residents faces!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.