What are the best recruitment coordinator qualifications and training to get ahead?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

What is the best training for becoming a recruitment coordinator? What types of ongoing training or certifications are necessary to be an effective recruitment coordinator?

What do non-traditional career paths look like?

Reply - Report abuse

Sonji in Atlanta, Georgia

90 months ago

Would like to know what are the best qualifications for a job as a recruitment coordinator.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

steve1049 in Piscataway, New Jersey

38 months ago

Usually coming from an HR or recruiting background are the most likely experience you'll want to have.

In terms of schooling or certifications, an HR degree or a certificate is good to have. I got my eCornell HR Staffing and Selection certificate online.

Best qualifications to have are:

Good follow up skills, i.e. chasing managers for feedback about candidates they interviewed

Being organized and having good multi tasking abilities i.e. coordinating multiple Mass Hiring Events, scheduling interviews, booking conference rooms, providing directions, creating tracking documents, etc.

Initiative and the ability to deliver information in a prompt and effective manner. i.e. Being a Recruiting Coordinator involves taking initiative and being the go to person for scheduling interviews. It's kind of a stand alone job where you don't work under anyone, but work with a lot of people to make the interviews happen and to follow up with recruiters about candidate feedback. It involves informing all parties of the interview about important updates and coordinating interviews based on management's availability.

Non traditional career paths include being an HR Assistant, HR Coordinator, Jr Recruiter, Sourcer, IT or Healthcare Recruiter, Executive Assistant, Events Coordinator, or any job that involves dealing with all levels of management.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.