What do you enjoy most about your Recruitment Coordinator career?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

What do you enjoy most about being a Recruitment Coordinator? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

Reply - Report abuse

steve1049 in Piscataway, New Jersey

38 months ago

I enjoy being the go to person. The one every one comes to when needing to schedule a candidate for an interview. It's enjoyable to deal with all levels of employees and you gain hands on A/V experience by setting up conference rooms for video conferencing, Skype interviews, and phone conferencing.
It's all cool to say that you coordinated mass hiring events of 80 people coming into one building for multiple interviews in a day. The job keeps you on your toes without having tobe concerned with making quotes like that of the IT recruiter.

Dislikes include: waiting to hear back from managers with feedback on candidates, being interrupted on a daily basis by recruiters and managers about particular candidates when working on large projects, trying to make interviewers and interviewees schedules work, making sure the conference rooms are booked without restrictions, and once in a while having to work late just to make sure a Mass Hiring Event goes well.

What keeps me at my job is working with great coworkers, a good and fair manager who empowers me to make high importance decesions, having a flexible schedule(Show up late, but work late), being able to work from home if I need to, and making a salary a tad bit above market rate.

However, my health benefits are expensive, and the company lacks resources to accomodate multiple viceo conferencing at one time for multiple candidates. But you got to work with what you got.

In terms of advancing, depending on where you work, there can be such as thing as a Recruiting Coordinator and a Lead or Sr Recruiting Coordinator. Possible jobs to transition into are being a Tech or Healthcare Recruiter, or working in events planning, or transitioning into an HR role.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.