What's the difference between a certified dental assistant vs a registered dental assistant?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Mitch'l Narendran in Mckinney, Texas

58 months ago

I live in Texas and I'm wanting to get into the dental field. I am interested in dental assisting but their seems to be a vast difference btw the two as far as school time and cost? Can anyone who has either been certified or registered in this field give me some advise and or information on which way to go. One school for dental assisting is a twelve week program and cost $2600.00 while another is 11-12 months and cost $16,600.00. What is the vast difference???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

GloCali in North Hollywood, California

50 months ago

Mitch'l Narendran in Mckinney, Texas said: I live in Texas and I'm wanting to get into the dental field. I am interested in dental assisting but their seems to be a vast difference btw the two as far as school time and cost? Can anyone who has either been certified or registered in this field give me some advise and or information on which way to go. One school for dental assisting is a twelve week program and cost $2600.00 while another is 11-12 months and cost $16,600.00. What is the vast difference???

I am from California ,we are Registered here.Some states issue a Registered Licence others a Certified .It is the same ,you just need to get whatever your state issues. About the programs one is 11-12 weeks is better for someone who has some experience as a dental assistant.The 12 months is for someone who is new to dental assisting. You can also find out if your state has any vocational programs like dental assisting,you'll save alot of money in tuition.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

careerchoices in Los Angeles, California

7 months ago

You can get all the details about what's required in Texas to become a dental assistant at dentalassistanttrainingsite.com/dental-assistant-training-requirements-and-programs-texas/. There's also a link at the top of the page to find CODA accredited schools in Texas, which are the most highly recommended courses to take because they allow you to sit for the DANB exam to become certified.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.