continuing ed

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Michelle in Macon, Georgia

80 months ago

Anyone have suggestions as to where to get the most cont ed credits for the money? I had a book last year that was excellent and provided 32 hours and was given to me by a drug rep. Any ideas?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nancy L in Dedham, Massachusetts

77 months ago

You can do ADA journal articles for free.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

tara in Toms River, New Jersey

77 months ago

Nancy L in Dedham, Massachusetts said: You can do ADA journal articles for free.

Hi Nancy, I am not a registered dietitian(RD) however, am a professional social worker working with a client that is 51 years old and is struggling with symptoms of menopause, more specifically her struggle with interrupted sleep due to severe night-sweats. She reports to me that once she successfully falls asleep, she awakes every 70 minutes around the clock during the night and states that the quality of her life has œdiminished and has now become unbearable. I do have understanding of just how important proper eating will lead to improved health, and the benefits of daily exercise, I have linked her to a caring RD willing to work with her on a sliding scale, & to advise on dietary matters relating to health, well-being and menopause issues for 1 visit only, also, a local community health club has extended her 3 months use of their facility, which should help her condition. Yet, today, she reports sleep deviation. She wants to know what more she can do? There are an expansive array of Reading Material out there on the topic of menopause for her to select from & she wants my advise on how to narrow the choices of books down and , yet, I truly do not know which one among the huge collection to even suggest. I am feeling not as helpful as I ought to be here. I have explained that I am not an expert on such matters, & again reminded her to seek out her Primary Care Physician & discuss her concerns. Her physician, he suggested Hormone therapy and no other direction. She has acknowledge of HT being associated with an increased risk of heart attacks, blood clots and strokes and will never consider HT. She has already turned to alternative natural health products, for example, Black Cohosh, for 2 wks, reports no improvements. What more can I suggest?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.