What are typical registered dietitian salaries?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Host

Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

patrici in Palm Desert, California

92 months ago

what is the norm salery for dietitan ???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

patrici in Palm Desert, California

92 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Sri Sudarminingsih in Jakarta, Indonesia

91 months ago

I want friendly with dietition from abroad, specially from australia, american and english for sharring

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

KiaSophia in Coeur D Alene, Idaho

69 months ago

patrici in Palm Desert, California said: 173

$173 per hour? Or is that $173,000 per month?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

jspears in Fort Worth, Texas

49 months ago

Host said: Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

my current salary is $60k/yr plus benefits, but I work in long term care, which seems to pay on the higher end than do hospitals. I have made a salary as high as $70K/yr plus benefits.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

kary in Houston, Texas

48 months ago

jspears in Fort Worth, Texas said: my current salary is $60k/yr plus benefits, but I work in long term care, which seems to pay on the higher end than do hospitals. I have made a salary as high as $70K/yr plus benefits.

Do you have many years of experience? what would a entry level RD expect to make per year?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

RD in Fort Worth, TX (not Mechanicsb in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania

44 months ago

jspears in Fort Worth, Texas said: my current salary is $60k/yr plus benefits, but I work in long term care, which seems to pay on the higher end than do hospitals. I have made a salary as high as $70K/yr plus benefits.

I live in Fort Worth, TX and work at a 40-bed long-term acute care hospital as a lead clinical dietitian, which manages PRN roles, and had 2 years clinical experience when I started and make $41,600 with benefits.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

kary in Houston, Texas said: Do you have many years of experience? what would a entry level RD expect to make per year?

mid to low $40,000s depending on the facility

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

kary in Houston, Texas said: Do you have many years of experience? what would a entry level RD expect to make per year?

mid to low $40,000s, depending on the facility. (not worth the time, effort, and money for the B.S., internship, and credentialing)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

RD in FL in Largo, Florida

43 months ago

High 30s to mid 40s. I have a MS degree in Food Science and a BS in Dietetics. My first job paid me 40K with a MS degree and paid my coworker without a MS degree 40K in (GA). I moved into a specialty and now make 55K with a year and a half of experience. RD are paid extremely low for the amount of education, work and responsibility in comparison to pharmD, SLP, PT and OT. Not sure when we will ever start out as much as they do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.