Regulatory Affairs training in Canada

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (451 to 500 of 790)
Page:  « First « Previous   7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next »   Last »

Madhur in Ahmadabad, India

52 months ago

sreedhara in Madras, India said: Hey buddy in hw many days did u got u r results bcz i had written on 4th of this mnth bt stil didnt got my result

Even I had been interviewed on April 12 and still waiting for a reply.... can you plz share your FB email so that we can discuss further....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

sreedhara in Bangalore, India

52 months ago

Hi Madhur mail me at sreedharag456@gmail.com

Madhur in Ahmadabad, India said: Even I had been interviewed on April 12 and still waiting for a reply.... can you plz share your FB email so that we can discuss further....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Pranchi in Ahmadabad, India

52 months ago

randolph2020 in toronto, Ontario said: Applied April 27 to Humber - Wrote test first week of May - Interview 2nd week of May - Accepted two days ago

Hey what do they ask in interview. my interview is scheduled and needed some help..anybody who knows please do help.My mail id-pranchisharma@yahoo.co.in

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

abkhodke@*****.*** in Kolhapur, India

51 months ago

Dear All,
If any one can guide me how to apply to Humber / Seneca RA course from India. Any consultent to be contacted.
Then how to clear their entrance, means wheather I have to migrate to canada and then m eligible to give test or else I can manage from India only.
How much fees for international student.
Note: I am already having 6 yrs work ex in pharma industry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Srikanth in Bangalore, India

50 months ago

Hi,

I have completed my post graduation in medical biochemistry & i have 3 year of research experience. I thought of pursuing Diploma or master's degree in Regulatory Affairs in Pharma. can any one please suggest me about the universities i can apply. please help me in this regard.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

satish patil in India

48 months ago

i m from india working in QA dept but looking for job in RA, i have red all aforesaid concernc, is this course from helpfull to make my career in RA? if yes then from where should i proceed? plz guide me
plz do contact me on satish.patil094@gmail.com

anubandh in India

46 months ago

Elio Prashad in Woodbridge, Ontario said: All students of the program are offered a co-op placement (internship) but you must still complete an interview and so on for that "job". It is a 4 month internship with full pay (Depending on the job, the pay may be different). After the 4 month internship, you go back to school for a 2nd semester. You may be able to secure a job at the same company after you complete your second semester....but that isn't always guaranteed.

Hello Sir, I have done B.Pharma and I am a fresher. I want to apply for RA program at Seneca and/or Humber college. However, I have few apprehensions:
A. Salary: If I go for this RA program, I will have a huge loan on my head and unlike Canadian citizens, I will need a job that gives me a salary sufficient enough to pay back my loan, apart from the huge income-tax that I will have to pay in Canada. Now, I really dont know what minimum salary that I may get after this program.

B. No Experience: Since I am a fresher, I really don't know If this program will be of much help to me or not.Because the kind of laboratory experience and level of education we gain in India during B.Pharma is nothing as compared to that in Canada. Again here, the loan factor is a matter of concern for me, Since if being a fresher, this program doesn't fetch me a job, I will be in huge trouble.

looking forward to your advice
Regards
Anubandh

NickP in Montreal, Quebec

43 months ago

Madhur in Scarborough, Ontario said: Hey thanks for the updates. So how were you informed about the acceptance ? Was it through SRS ? And does the SRS portal goes blank once the interview is done ?

I checked my SRS and under "applications" it was completely blank. I waited a couple of hours, went back and it switched to "approved" where I then had to go confirm it all under OCAS. The next day it switched to "admitted" and it directs you to pay your tuition fees.

The SRS goes blank every time they make an update to your file I believe.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Madhur in Scarborough, Ontario

43 months ago

NickP in Montreal, Quebec said: I checked my SRS and under "applications" it was completely blank. I waited a couple of hours, went back and it switched to "approved" where I then had to go confirm it all under OCAS. The next day it switched to "admitted" and it directs you to pay your tuition fees.

The SRS goes blank every time they make an update to your file I believe.

Thanks a lot Nick. So after how long after the interview were you informed about the approval ? I mean how many days ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

Madhur in Scarborough, Ontario said: Thanks a lot Nick. So after how long after the interview were you informed about the approval ? I mean how many days ?

Thinking back.... Let's see....

January 10th was my exam
The Interview was on February 12th
I was admitted to the program on the 4th of March

The interviewers told me it would be exactly 3 weeks until they made their decision, in the worst case of scenarios, it would be 5 weeks. So it was almost exactly 3 weeks, just as they said.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

NickP in Montreal, Quebec said: Thinking back.... Let's see....

January 10th was my exam
The Interview was on February 12th
I was admitted to the program on the 4th of March

The interviewers told me it would be exactly 3 weeks until they made their decision, in the worst case of scenarios, it would be 5 weeks. So it was almost exactly 3 weeks, just as they said.

Thanks a lot buddy..!! I was told 4-6 weeks max today during the interview. Lets see what's in store for me.

43 months ago

Madhur in Scarborough, Ontario said: Thanks a lot buddy..!! I was told 4-6 weeks max today during the interview. Lets see what's in store for me.

Hopefully, I'll be seeing you in September then!

Jaclyn

43 months ago

Hi everyone!
I'm so happy to have found this forum, and I hope that some of you can help me out. Like many of you, I'm trying to decide between the RA program at Humber or Seneca. Cost aside, I'm still having a hard time deciding which is better.
A bit of background about me. I graduated with a degree in Nutrition and Food. After realising that I liked the food safety aspect of it, I got a diploma in Food Safety and Quality Assurance at a private college. Now I know that I want to start my career in RA but am having a hard time getting jobs and figured going to school is best my best option.
I'm interested in more of the food side of RA, so which program would offer more of (or even touch into abit of) the food side? Which school would have more food related co-op placements?
I know the program caters to the pharma side (which I'm ok with). I haven't had any work related experience in the pharma industry, and only got really basic learning abt some pharma things, so can someone also tell me how ur learning experience with the school u attended was? Such as level of difficulty with assignments, deadlines? Are there grp projects, essays? Are powerpoint material and books supplied, or do u have to find info on ur own? I just want to see the comparison of each school, which could hopefully help me with my decision. I apologize that I haven't had a chance to read through the whole forum.
Thank u so much!!

RA011 in Mississauga, Ontario

43 months ago

Jaclyn said: Hi everyone!
I'm so happy to have found this forum, and I hope that some of you can help me out. Like many of you, I'm trying to decide between the RA program at Humber or Seneca. Cost aside, I'm still having a hard time deciding which is better.
A bit of background about me. I graduated with a degree in Nutrition and Food. After realising that I liked the food safety aspect of it, I got a diploma in Food Safety and Quality Assurance at a private college. Now I know that I want to start my career in RA but am having a hard time getting jobs and figured going to school is best my best option.
I'm interested in more of the food side of RA, so which program would offer more of (or even touch into abit of) the food side? Which school would have more food related co-op placements?
I know the program caters to the pharma side (which I'm ok with). I haven't had any work related experience in the pharma industry, and only got really basic learning abt some pharma things, so can someone also tell me how ur learning experience with the school u attended was? Such as level of difficulty with assignments, deadlines? Are there grp projects, essays? Are powerpoint material and books supplied, or do u have to find info on ur own? I just want to see the comparison of each school, which could hopefully help me with my decision. I apologize that I haven't had a chance to read through the whole forum.
Thank u so much!!

For Humber, there is a Agrichemicals and Food related course in one of the semester and there was 1-2 openings in the food sector for the internship. There is about 7-8 courses per semester. there is a lot of group projects/presentations, individual assignments and since they believe it is key thing to learn for an RA. there is no books but notes are given by lecturers on top of guidance/regulations/acts available through regulatory websites (FDA, HC, EU etc).

43 months ago

RA011 in Mississauga, Ontario said: For Humber, there is a Agrichemicals and Food related course in one of the semester and there was 1-2 openings in the food sector for the internship. There is about 7-8 courses per semester. there is a lot of group projects/presentations, individual assignments and since they believe it is key thing to learn for an RA. there is no books but notes are given by lecturers on top of guidance/regulations/acts available through regulatory websites (FDA, HC, EU etc).

some courses also cover certain international regulations too so you get some exposure to that as well. there is a lot of information covered in 2 terms so in my opinion u need to be able to commit some time for it. Hope this helps

Jaclyn

43 months ago

Thank u so much RA011, how are the lectures and teachers @humber? Do they present the info in an organized and easy to follow fashion? Do they give powerpower presentations to follow and give u the powerpoint slides to make notes?
When u said that there r no books, but u look on websites for info, the lectures would guide u as to how to find the info and how to read the websites, right? I've looked @the health canada website a couple of times and find it hard to navigate sometimes. I also prefer looking @things in hard copy form. Would there be an option to get printed hard copies if I wanted to? Even if I had to pay? Thx!

Jaclyn

43 months ago

Oh, also, how many hrs per week is dedicated to class? For both humber and seneca, and how are the classes schedule, eg. 5 days per week with 3 courses per day. Thx!

43 months ago

Jaclyn said: Thank u so much RA011, how are the lectures and teachers @humber? Do they present the info in an organized and easy to follow fashion? Do they give powerpower presentations to follow and give u the powerpoint slides to make notes?
When u said that there r no books, but u look on websites for info, the lectures would guide u as to how to find the info and how to read the websites, right? I've looked @the health canada website a couple of times and find it hard to navigate sometimes. I also prefer looking @things in hard copy form. Would there be an option to get printed hard copies if I wanted to? Even if I had to pay? Thx!

the notes are easy to follow and understand. they do teach you how to find things efficently. you can print guidances/regs/act from HC website without paying for it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

sakurabliss in Toronto, Ontario

43 months ago

Hi everyone, this is Jaclyn again. I just got my student number and password from humber and booked a test!

I apologize if this has been asked, but could anyone please give me some insight as to what the written test is about? All I know is that it's 1 hour long. I've been hearing things like "essay" being thrown around. I'm a little scared since topics aren't given ahead of time so there is no way of preparing myself or studying. I have been out of school for a while, so giving myself a refresher would be nice. Does anyone know what essay topics they ask? Is it even an essay? Or is it a bunch of short answer questions in which I should study some techinical terms? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really want to learn at this school and start a career in regulatory affairs.

Thank you so much!

gllg in Toronto, Ontario

43 months ago

sakurabliss in Toronto, Ontario said: Hi everyone, this is Jaclyn again. I just got my student number and password from humber and booked a test!

I apologize if this has been asked, but could anyone please give me some insight as to what the written test is about? All I know is that it's 1 hour long. I've been hearing things like "essay" being thrown around. I'm a little scared since topics aren't given ahead of time so there is no way of preparing myself or studying. I have been out of school for a while, so giving myself a refresher would be nice. Does anyone know what essay topics they ask? Is it even an essay? Or is it a bunch of short answer questions in which I should study some techinical terms? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really want to learn at this school and start a career in regulatory affairs.

Thank you so much!

Just think of why you want to be in the program. Read the course outlines and link the field to your own life. You'll be able to tackle any potential questions that are thrown at you.

Andrew

43 months ago

spacecowgal in Toronto, Ontario said: Just got the offer from Seneca. Thanks to all who posted really useful information here!

Did u have to go through an interview with Seneca? How was ur interview with Humber? What kind of questions did they ask?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nina

43 months ago

Madhur in Scarborough, Ontario said: Thanks a lot Nick. So after how long after the interview were you informed about the approval ? I mean how many days ?

Hi Madhur,
Could u tell me a bit more about the interview at Humber? How many questions and what kind of questions did they ask? How can I prepare for it? Any tips?

Sam

43 months ago

Does anyone know if every applicant gets an interview from Humber College?

Nicki

43 months ago

michelle in Toronto, Ontario said: wow congrats! I did my interview 2nd wk of may as well, but no reply yet...Do you mind telling me what's your background like? Like what kind of degree do you have...thx

Hey,
I know its been a while but Could you tell me what kind of questions they ask during the interview? How can I prepare for it? Any help/feedback is greatly appreciated!!

spacecowgal in Toronto, Ontario

43 months ago

Andrew said: Did u have to go through an interview with Seneca? How was ur interview with Humber? What kind of questions did they ask?

No interview with Seneca.
Interview at Humber was about half an hour, around 8 questions. They asked why I chose RA and why Humber and some common interview questions on leadership, your current work and so on. Good luck!

biochem in Kitchener, Ontario

42 months ago

spacecowgal in Toronto, Ontario said: No interview with Seneca.
Interview at Humber was about half an hour, around 8 questions. They asked why I chose RA and why Humber and some common interview questions on leadership, your current work and so on. Good luck!

Did you get in for Humber? Is it okay if I email u?

Anjo in Markham, Ontario

42 months ago

Has anyone heard back from Seneca? When are we supposed to be notified whether we got in or not? It feels like a long time since the testing finished...

42 months ago

I havent heard anything either and I wrote the test in Feb. I have been contacting the admissions office and they keep saying that there is no update so far.

42 months ago

biochem in Kitchener, Ontario said: Did you get in for Humber? Is it okay if I email u?

I haven't heard from Humber yet. I was told it would take 4 to 6 weeks for them to make a decision. I had mine in the second week of March so...
If you give me your email address I can email you.

42 months ago

spacecowgal in Toronto, Ontario said: I haven't heard from Humber yet. I was told it would take 4 to 6 weeks for them to make a decision. I had mine in the second week of March so...

sparklez_24@yahoo.com

42 months ago

NickP in Montreal, Quebec said: Hopefully, I'll be seeing you in September then!

Hey buddy, give me your email id. We are going to be classmates at Humber this Fall ;-)

NickP in Montréal, Quebec

42 months ago

Madhur in Scarborough, Ontario said: Hey buddy, give me your email id. We are going to be classmates at Humber this Fall ;-)

Congratulations!I definitely look forward to meeting you! I'm sure it'll be an exciting and daunting year. You can reach me at nick_4231@hotmail.com.

42 months ago

spacecowgal in Toronto, Ontario said: I haven't heard from Humber yet. I was told it would take 4 to 6 weeks for them to make a decision. I had mine in the second week of March so...

hey, did u get a chance to email me.

42 months ago

Nina said: Hi Madhur,
Could u tell me a bit more about the interview at Humber? How many questions and what kind of questions did they ask? How can I prepare for it? Any tips?

Hey Nina..! I would say that just focus on the RA and make yourself very clear about this field. And go through this forum once again. Gd Luck !!

42 months ago

Hi! I have my humber entrance exam for RA in about 2 weeks and I was wondering if there is anyone who recently took the exam or remembers the exam and could give me advice on the essay part? Do you remember what question you were asked? and is there anything I should study more on to prepare myself?

Thank you!

42 months ago

sakurabliss in Toronto, Ontario said: Hi! I have my humber entrance exam for RA in about 2 weeks and I was wondering if there is anyone who recently took the exam or remembers the exam and could give me advice on the essay part? Do you remember what question you were asked? and is there anything I should study more on to prepare myself?

Thank you!

My e-mail is on the page, send me an e-mail and I'll provide you with the details

-Cheers, Nick

42 months ago

biochem in Kitchener, Ontario said: hey, did u get a chance to email me.

just sent your an email. sorry~~

42 months ago

NickP in Montréal, Quebec said: My e-mail is on the page, send me an e-mail and I'll provide you with the details

-Cheers, Nick

Hey Nick,
I sent you an email. Hope you hear from you soon!
Thanks so much!

42 months ago

Double check that you spelled the address correctly and that you sent it, I still didn't receive anything, or if you post your e-mail address, I'll just send you the info directly.

Maggie in Thornhill, Ontario

42 months ago

Just got my acceptance from Hunmber RA program starting sep 2013! Thx for everyone who's been posting such valuble comments here!!! Any prospective classmates still tracking this forum? Would love to hear from you and get to know you!

42 months ago

Maggie in Thornhill, Ontario said: Just got my acceptance from Hunmber RA program starting sep 2013! Thx for everyone who's been posting such valuble comments here!!! Any prospective classmates still tracking this forum? Would love to hear from you and get to know you!

Congratulations! My e-mail is on the page, feel free to write. Also on facebook, there's a humber 2013 RA page that's already up.

See you in September Maggie.

- Nick

42 months ago

Maggie in Thornhill, Ontario said: Just got my acceptance from Hunmber RA program starting sep 2013! Thx for everyone who's been posting such valuble comments here!!! Any prospective classmates still tracking this forum? Would love to hear from you and get to know you!

Hey Congrats for your acceptance !! Currently its me, you and Nick who have received their acceptances. My email is mjadawala@gmail.com. Would like to hear from you. And do join the page on Facebook about which Nick just informed you. Here's the link

www.facebook.com/HumberRA2013

Congrats once again !! Welcome to the league ;-)

42 months ago

Thank you Nick and Madhur! I look forward to meeting both of you in the coming fall. I was curious today and started reading the comments on this forum from the VERY beginning, which were wrote a good 4 or 5 years ago by people that were very eager and interested in the RA programs offered in both Humber, Seneca and also by the private schools as well, and also by others providing answers to those who were currently attending one of those institutions. A couple things that I was concerned while I was reading, so I was wondering if the two of you have better insights into the current RA field, or if ANYONE who can offer more updated information about the RA field.
First, just exactly how competitive is it to get admissions from Humber and Seneca really? For what I know, It's relatively difficult, but some people feel it's almost like choosing a high school to attend to.
Second is the most FAQ that probably everyone has thought about at least once. Seneca VS. Humber!!! I have offers from both schools, but I've been inclined towards Humber from the beginning, mainly because the person who enlighted me into this whole field is a humber grad.

42 months ago

I'm sure there are people here better suited to answer your questions, but I'll tell you why I chose Humber (especially considering the fact that I'm from Montreal and I have to move to TO to attend).

When I was searching for work, before I even began, I already had numerous contacts in the industry. I was friends with the Director of RA for ICON Research PLC, the head CRA at Bayer, and the ex-vice president of Bio-Axane (now a teacher at Concordia U).

I told them about my interests in RA and that I wasn't exactly the type of person suited to lab work. I enjoyed it, (my degree is a bachelours in Biochemistry), but my talents are more suited to multitasking, delegating tasks, working with people, negotiating, etc. Unanimously, all three people told me the best way to break into RA was Humber. My friend at Bayer said that Bayer in Toronto exclusively hires Humber grads (and that's the first time I ever heard of the school). I asked around, and at least in Montreal, Humber was a very well known and respected name.

Your best bet however is to compare the coursework. I did my research into both schools, and Humber has classes for technical writing, regulatory negotiations, and drug formularies/reimbursements. It's knowledge that I think definitely makes you an asset to a company. I sound like a shill for the school now, haha, but those are just my reasons for my choice.

I'm certain whatever you choose, it won't be a bad choice.

42 months ago

cont'd....And according to some of the very early comments, apparently, back then, at least when those comments were originally wrote, something like more than half of humber students were NOT able to find any placements while Seneca students were literally invited to the jobs (at least that's how their comments sounded like). Keep in mind that it was the seneca student who wrote that, so really, How accountable is that information? AND if that really was the truth back then, is that still the same current trend?
I am fully aware that is it NOT EASY to find ANY kind of jobs, period! But one has to really evaluate, how hard did you try, and how realistic were you in terms of measuring your own credentials and experiences in relation to your own job expectations. I personally believe while it is very difficult, no doubt to find jobs or placements, but as long as you've tried and gave in your best, there is nothing as impossible. If there is anyone who can provide their own opinions, or facts from their own research, please, every input is much appreciated! I'm fully expecting all kinds of positive and negative mixed comments, for which one has to filter with some wisdom, so please post your most honest opinions and knowledge. Thank you very much and sending my most sincere best wishes to all prospective students and candidates!

Regards

SIN4 in Toronto, Ontario

42 months ago

Madhur in Scarborough, Ontario said: Thanks a lot buddy..!! I was told 4-6 weeks max today during the interview. Lets see what's in store for me.

Thanks so much for the info Nick! I had my interview on Wed April 4th and I was told I would receive an answer in about 4 weeks! (seems like forever) Hopefully I get an offer before then!!

SIN4 in Toronto, Ontario

42 months ago

Hi Maggie,

How soon after did you receive an offer from the date of your interview?

Anj in Markham, Ontario

42 months ago

I emailed both schools asking for more details on the coop program. The coop coordinator at Seneca boasted that they had 100% placement for years and had more jobs than students while the program assistant at Humber gave an estimate of 80-85% employment. Seneca also stated that they were associated with major regulatory affairs employers including Health Canada, Apotex, and Sanofi, but not all the positions listed were in regulatory affairs which makes sense since Seneca`s course material seems a lot more divided. Really trying to weigh the pros and cons of each school...

Kingstreet in Toronto, Ontario

42 months ago

Is anyone going to Seneca for this May?

42 months ago

Heard from Humber today, didnt get in. waiting on Seneca but I dont really have any hope. Feeling so down right now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.