Regulatory Affairs training in Canada

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 597)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

E in Woodbridge, Ontario

67 months ago

it depends on how well your fellow competitors do....

Technically speaking, if they are taking 40 people out of 400 applicants then you would want to be in the top 10 percentile (percentile being different than percent) - this value takes into account you mark in relation to everyone else.

This still does not guarantee anything, perhaps you scored well but not so well on the profile questions.

If you are in the top ten percentile, they you can sleep easier at night knowing you still have a chance

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

James in Toronto, Ontario

67 months ago

I have scored 36 out of 40 in reading and 21 out of 26 in language. Can anyone please tell me whether this score is too low to get admission into Seneca?

J in Vancouver, British Columbia

67 months ago

Hello James,

How and when did you receive your mark? I just wrote mine last Friday in Vancouver but I haven't heard anything yet from Seneca.

James in Toronto, Ontario

67 months ago

Hello J,

I wrote my test on Oct 13th and recieved the score by mail on Oct 20th.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

E in Woodbridge, Ontario

67 months ago

because you are in vancouver you may have to wait for it to get to you in the mail....

Also, when your score came in the mail did it say "top 1%" or something else along those lines?

Once again, you will not know by looking at your mark, unless you look at everyone else's marks as well. This is provided to you in the form of a percentile (IE Top 1%, or 99th percentile)

Please go ahead and look at your response you got in the mail and look for this figure. I know that when I took the test less than a year ago that is exactly what it said on it "top 1%" in that case I was in the top 1% of those who wrote the test at that time. IE 99% of those who wrote it were below.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

E in Woodbridge, Ontario

67 months ago

One last thing, you have your marks back, do not expect them to be sending you a letter of acceptance anytime soon......

They still take a long time.

I got my mark 1 week after writing it, but it still took over 1 month for them to follow it up with anything else. I just sat around waiting until the very last minute, then they sent me a letter of acceptance.

Another hint, your acceptance usually comes up on ontariocolleges.ca right away and then a few days later it gets to you in the mail, just keep your eyes on that site for any updates

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

goz in Istanbul, Turkey

67 months ago

Evogenesis in Toronto, Ontario said: Hello J,

When I applied for the Jan 2009 semester I took my test in mid-October and did not get confirmation of enrollment until early December. I was calling the admissions counselor so often we were on a first name basis. I must admit it was frustrating trying to plan for the next year while the results were in limbo. However, I am confident that with your background and a little preparedness you will do fine.

I completed my co-op internship and I am now back in class for my final semester. I really enjoyed my co-op and it was nice to see that my colleagues also had great experiences.

If anyone has specific questions about the Seneca program feel free to ask.

Cheers,
Evogenesis

Hello Evogenesis,

I have bachelors degree in Chemistry from my country and I did intership in a QA lab in food industry for 4 months, at a company in Toronto.I applied Regulatory affairs for jan 2010 in April. I sent my toefl score in july and had pre-admission test in mid August. Unfourtunately, I havent heard from them yet and I dont know whether I am able to check my status or not instead of emailing them or calling. It is really frustrating. I saw that you were talking about a MC test. I didnt write and never heard of it. No one from Seneca told me about it, so I am concerned. What is it about? Will they send a test again or is it different. The test I took was based on english multiple choices and a part called aplicant profile which you write essay and answer a couple of questions.

I was really really concerned since I read your comment about hearing from them around december. And also if I am not accepted will they let me know as well? Thanks for your time and if you can answer ,I would appreciate.. Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

E in Woodbridge, Ontario

67 months ago

goz in Istanbul, Turkey said: Hello Evogenesis,

I have bachelors degree in Chemistry from my country and I did intership in a QA lab in food industry for 4 months, at a company in Toronto.I applied Regulatory affairs for jan 2010 in April. I sent my toefl score in july and had pre-admission test in mid August. Unfourtunately, I havent heard from them yet and I dont know whether I am able to check my status or not instead of emailing them or calling. It is really frustrating. I saw that you were talking about a MC test. I didnt write and never heard of it. No one from Seneca told me about it, so I am concerned. What is it about? Will they send a test again or is it different. The test I took was based on english multiple choices and a part called aplicant profile which you write essay and answer a couple of questions.

I was really really concerned since I read your comment about hearing from them around december. And also if I am not accepted will they let me know as well? Thanks for your time and if you can answer ,I would appreciate.. Thank you

THATS the test...you already took it

Regardless of how early you put in your application. They wait until they have reviewed all applicants to make a decision, this is why you end up hearing from them so late. Most likely really soon.

You can check your status of the application online, you would have been given a Seneca account to check up on, PLUS you can check on ontariocolleges.ca (if you applied through them).

If you don't get in, you will still recieve a letter but it will say something about being on the waiting list.

goz in Istanbul, Turkey

67 months ago

E in Woodbridge, Ontario said: THATS the test...you already took it

Regardless of how early you put in your application. They wait until they have reviewed all applicants to make a decision, this is why you end up hearing from them so late. Most likely really soon.

You can check your status of the application online, you would have been given a Seneca account to check up on, PLUS you can check on ontariocolleges.ca (if you applied through them).

If you don't get in, you will still recieve a letter but it will say something about being on the waiting list.

Thanks a lot E,

Well I thought of another exam based on maths. Well I took my exam on the 27th of august and since then didnt get any score. I see that you and many applicants had heard of their scores. Do they email the score or just mail it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

E in Woodbridge, Ontario

67 months ago

goz in Istanbul, Turkey said: Thanks a lot E,

Well I thought of another exam based on maths. Well I took my exam on the 27th of august and since then didnt get any score. I see that you and many applicants had heard of their scores. Do they email the score or just mail it?

It comes in the mail. Perhaps you should call them and ask, also find when they plan to decide.

Chances are if the scores never got to you, how will the acceptance letter get there?

goz in Istanbul, Turkey

67 months ago

E in Woodbridge, Ontario said: It comes in the mail. Perhaps you should call them and ask, also find when they plan to decide.

Chances are if the scores never got to you, how will the acceptance letter get there?

I see, I am really concerned and stressed about it. I really want to study reg affairs and I have been waiting and planning for so long. Right now I am an analyst in QA lab in a pharma company and I need some studying for reg affairs field. I am trying to prepare myself about not to be accepted and trying to find any related programmes but correct me if I am wrong, there are only at Humber, Seneca and TIPT. TIPT is very expensive and for Humber I have to wait again for september. I really cant find any programme related to chemistry labs or reg affairs or QA. Would you suggest me any other?

E in Woodbridge, Ontario

67 months ago

I would recommend calling Seneca first thing Monday morning and talking to them. Find out what is going on regarding your scores and find out if they have made their decision yet. In my case, they were very helpful and they called up my application on the computer and they told me over the phone that I had been accepted (before the letter was even mailed out).

As far as preparing for getting in, if you are waiting to go and find a place to stay then indeed there is alot of stress but surely you can sort that stuff out during the first week of school.

In RA there is Humber Seneca and TIPT. You can apply for all 3 to triple your chances of getting into at least one of them. There is also a clinical research program at humber that may/may not be easier to get into...perhaps use that as a springboard into the RA program the following year.

TIPT is expensive, but they start every 3 months, and they are easy to get into....perhaps you opt to pay more money, but then you are not wasting 10 months waiting until sept2010.

shara in Mississauga, Ontario

67 months ago

E in Woodbridge, Ontario said: it depends on how well your fellow competitors do....

Technically speaking, if they are taking 40 people out of 400 applicants then you would want to be in the top 10 percentile (percentile being different than percent) - this value takes into account you mark in relation to everyone else.

This still does not guarantee anything, perhaps you scored well but not so well on the profile questions.

If you are in the top ten percentile, they you can sleep easier at night knowing you still have a chance

Thanks for the information. I have been given two percentile ranks for reading and language/grammar. Both are in the nineties. Wonder how they arrive at the final percentile?

goz in Istanbul, Turkey

67 months ago

E in Woodbridge, Ontario said: I would recommend calling Seneca first thing Monday morning and talking to them. Find out what is going on regarding your scores and find out if they have made their decision yet. In my case, they were very helpful and they called up my application on the computer and they told me over the phone that I had been accepted (before the letter was even mailed out).

As far as preparing for getting in, if you are waiting to go and find a place to stay then indeed there is alot of stress but surely you can sort that stuff out during the first week of school.

In RA there is Humber Seneca and TIPT. You can apply for all 3 to triple your chances of getting into at least one of them. There is also a clinical research program at humber that may/may not be easier to get into...perhaps use that as a springboard into the RA program the following year.

TIPT is expensive, but they start every 3 months, and they are easy to get into....perhaps you opt to pay more money, but then you are not wasting 10 months waiting until sept2010.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions. I have called them and they checked ,unforutunately no scores for me yet! I dont understand why and why this would take this much long. Since I am not a native speaker, I am not confident of multiple choice part ,but I believe that I did well at on the profile part. I dunno if this would help me..

E in Woodbridge, Ontario

67 months ago

Hi Shara,

If you have two percentile ranks above 90 then you are in very good shape. In my particular case I was 99 and 95 %ile.

A little bit of background - percentile is a way of measuring your score IN COMPARISON to the others who wrote the test. This doesn't tell you what your ACTUAL score is (but you can see your actual score elsewhere on the printout).

Think of this scenario: 100 people write the test. Lets say my score is higher than 98 people, and lower than 1 person. That would make me 99%ile. Please note: it does not matter what actual score I got in this scenario, as long as it was higher than 98% of the class, I become 99%ile.

So, you look at your Seneca printout, you see that you are in the 90s for both reading and language. Lets say 96%ile, that means you scored higher than 95% of the others who wrote the test.

By looking at your score sheet you have no way of knowing how well the others did. You can only look at your ranking (%ile) to see how you did in relation.

Generally, they are taking the top 40 people. If there are 400 applications then that means they are taking 10%. If they only have 200 applicants, then they are taking the top 20% (still 40 people).

Regardless, by scoring in the 90s, you have set yourself into a great situation where you are above most of the others who have also applied. This does not guarantee your acceptance, but it is a huge factor. They still read your applicant profile and decide. There may be some people who score really well but they know nothing of RA and they show no interest in the subject. Also, writing and grammar are part of the profile that can't be tested in multiple choice. Those who write poorly may score well on the test, but may not get in because they simply can't form sentences

Hope this helps. Good luck on your application

E in Woodbridge, Ontario

67 months ago

just to be clear, I have recieved my scores, but this was for september 2009, not january 2010. So those of you currently waiting for a reply, my knowing my scores and acceptance is of no relevance to your current situation.

Just because you havn't heard from them yet doesn't mean something is wrong. I am already enrolled in RA program and I am not currently competing with you guys for acceptance into the January 2010 program.

Goz, it's still early so I wouldn't get too worried. Yes, if it comes to december and still nothing then you should be calling them everyday! You might want to stress to them on the phone that you need to know early enough to make plans to move to Toronto. Chances are you will all hear soon whether or not you got in.

goz in Istanbul, Turkey

67 months ago

E in Woodbridge, Ontario said: just to be clear, I have recieved my scores, but this was for september 2009, not january 2010. So those of you currently waiting for a reply, my knowing my scores and acceptance is of no relevance to your current situation.

Just because you havn't heard from them yet doesn't mean something is wrong. I am already enrolled in RA program and I am not currently competing with you guys for acceptance into the January 2010 program.

Goz, it's still early so I wouldn't get too worried. Yes, if it comes to december and still nothing then you should be calling them everyday! You might want to stress to them on the phone that you need to know early enough to make plans to move to Toronto. Chances are you will all hear soon whether or not you got in.

Seriously, thanks a lot for your time and for all of the explanations to make us calm down. I am really really stressed but if I didn't read your comments, I would be totally going insaine. A month after I had taken the test, they emailed me that they hadnt got my test package, even though it was sent by dhl. Later on, they told me that they got it. As a result, from Turkey, I am not able to control or follow or do something in these situations, so that's why I m stressing as well.
Thanks a lot though... I am just a little surprised that even I took the test so early , there is no score for me...I hope this to be only a bad luck !

shara in Mississauga, Ontario

67 months ago

E in Woodbridge, Ontario said: Hi Shara,

If you have two percentile ranks above 90 then you are in very good shape. In my particular case I was 99 and 95 %ile.

A little bit of background - percentile is a way of measuring your score IN COMPARISON to the others who wrote the test. This doesn't tell you what your ACTUAL score is (but you can see your actual score elsewhere on the printout).

Think of this scenario: 100 people write the test. Lets say my score is higher than 98 people, and lower than 1 person. That would make me 99%ile. Please note: it does not matter what actual score I got in this scenario, as long as it was higher than 98% of the class, I become 99%ile.

So, you look at your Seneca printout, you see that you are in the 90s for both reading and language. Lets say 96%ile, that means you scored higher than 95% of the others who wrote the test.

Generally, they are taking the top 40 people. If there are 400 applications then that means they are taking 10%. If they only have 200 applicants, then they are taking the top 20% (still 40 people).

Regardless, by scoring in the 90s, you have set yourself into a great situation where you are above most of the others who have also applied. This does not guarantee your acceptance, but it is a huge factor. They still read your applicant profile and decide. There may be some people who score really well but they know nothing of RA and they show no interest in the subject. Also, writing and grammar are part of the profile that can't be tested in multiple choice. Those who write poorly may score well on the test, but may not get in because they simply can't form sentences

Hope this helps. Good luck on your application

Thanks a lot for taking the time to effort to explain in great detail. Will keep my fingers crossed & wait.

Jenny in Windsor, Ontario

67 months ago

Hai there,

Just want to know more about Seneca and Humber entrance test. I am just an undergrad in Bio, and some ppl here have decent working experience related to the field their pursuing studies (Pharmaceutical Reg. I wonder just undergrads like me would have any chance of getting into programme in Humber or Seneca....

If any1 kind enough to help me regarding those above questions I mentioned, plz feel free to email me....
jenullee@yahoo.com.........

Jenny in Windsor, Ontario

67 months ago

Hai there,

Just want to know more about Seneca and Humber entrance test for Pharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs & Quality Operations ( what kind of questions do they ask in test generally?). I am just an undergrad in Bio, and some ppl here have decent working experience related to the field plus higher studies. I wonder just undergrads like me would have any chance of getting into the Seneca or Humber Pharmaceutical Affairs programme....

If anyone kind enough to help me regarding those above questions I mentioned, plz feel free to email me....
jenullee@yahoo.com.........
Jenny

67 months ago

Hi Goz,

Just like you, I wrote my test outside Ontario. I took mine about 2 weeks ago and just called Seneca to see if they have marked my test yet. The lady I spoke to told me that they have received my test but the test is not marked yet. I think when you are an out-of-Ontario applicant, they are pretty slow at processing your application. I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone on feeling left out :)

Good luck,
J

goz in Istanbul, Turkey

67 months ago

J in Vancouver, British Columbia said: Hi Goz,

Just like you, I wrote my test outside Ontario. I took mine about 2 weeks ago and just called Seneca to see if they have marked my test yet. The lady I spoke to told me that they have received my test but the test is not marked yet. I think when you are an out-of-Ontario applicant, they are pretty slow at processing your application. I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone on feeling left out :)

Good luck,
J

Hi J,
ohh I see, that makes sense... thanks a lot....well, I am conviced that everything is in order..I am glad that I found this forum and have chance to have some idea from you.
So, what is your score? do u think u are in?

67 months ago

Hello Goz,
Apparently my test is not marked yet so I have no idea. I hope I am in :) Anyways, I hope they let me know pretty soon since I will have to move to Toronto and also quit my job... Did you get your marks? How did you do?

J

D in Toronto, Ontario

67 months ago

Hello E - since you're already in the program, you can maybe give us your experience with the Internship part of the program. Do you get lots of support from Seneca in searching for an internship, what percentage of students didn't get an internship, etc...

goz in Istanbul, Turkey

67 months ago

J in Vancouver, British Columbia said: Hello Goz,
Apparently my test is not marked yet so I have no idea. I hope I am in :) Anyways, I hope they let me know pretty soon since I will have to move to Toronto and also quit my job... Did you get your marks? How did you do?

J

well, I am in the same situation , if I am accepted I will quit my job and on top of that I gotta get my visa...I hope to hear back soon then I can arrange everything. Since I lived in Toronto for more than a year I am not worried about where to stay or other stuff like that but I only have 2 months to do the paper works for visa.
I havent got my marks yet ...My exam was ok but since english is not my first language I cant be sure about the multiple choice part.So it is frustrating for me a lot...

E in Woodbridge, Ontario

67 months ago

My first choice all along was Humber, so I got into both and chose Humber. This meant someone in the waiting list for Seneca got into my seat.

I do know that at Seneca you are expected to "apply" for job postings through the school, and interview for those positions. That being said, those who are better in interviews, or may have more experience might have a slight advantage.

Seneca does not require you to have an internship. They do internship in between semester 1 and 2, so those who did not get it just sat at home for 4 months and waited until school started again for semester 2. They would no longer be looking for internship because they then go through the second semester of school and graduate once they are done.

Those who DID get a co-op graduate with RAQC, those who did not get co-op graduate with RAQ (notice the "C" is missing). Those who never got an internship would not be looking for one later once they are done school, they would simply graduate and go out looking for an actual job.

So there is most likely no students currently looking for co-op, because those who didn't get one simply graduate without the "C" and they move on with their life.

Biggest issue so far is that many people cannot afford to relocate to Ottawa for a job simply becuase they have kids and rent to pay, etc... those who cannot relocate are restricted. If there are 30 job postings through the school, then they might only be able to apply to 20 of them, and the rest of the class apply to 30.

D in Toronto, Ontario

67 months ago

Thanks for the insight E. Can you speculate on the internship placement rate for the current year and next year? I'm concerned that the short-term contraction in the job market, coupled with the increase in enrollment (at least at Seneca) may result in limited internship opportunities.

This had happened to aspiring elementary school teachers (I have a few friends) - coming out of teachers college, only ~25% got permenant job offers last year, and it's projected to get worse.

E in Woodbridge, Ontario

67 months ago

well its hard to project the future, some say we are coming out of the recession while others project it getting worse.

Both schools, Humber and Seneca are not currently taking in more students than usual. Yes application numbers may be up, but not the actual number of students being accepted into the programs. Humber in particular I believe is planning on taking 35 instead of 40 next year to help cope with this problem. Both schools are having trouble placing all students. Out of 40 last year at humber, 6 are still looking. As I said before, the numbers are similar for Seneca but those people simply graduated without the "C" and they are not looking for internships anymore.

The internship is not a job guarantee. Obvioulsy everyone would like to get it because you gain valuable experience and there is definately a chance of a job afterwards. The bottom line is that you want the degree. Even if you don't get that job, you could at least be searching the job market with that new degree in your pocket and eventually when the recession is over, you'll find something.

At humber, you may opt to take a volunteer internship (where you don't get paid). Keep in mind, you want the experience first and foremost. Once a person decides to take a volunteer position, well any number of companies will take them on because its free for them!! This scenario would most likely not result in a full time job, but at least you finish your degree and you get that experience in the field.

Another thing to note, if you attend Seneca and you get an internship...what happens when you leave that job to go back to school for the second semester? Can you expect to have that job sitting there waiting for you when you are done. In some cases yes, but mosy likely no.

cont'd-->

E in Woodbridge, Ontario

67 months ago

Finally, imagine a company that hires both Humber and Seneca student interns. Those who come from Seneca only have 1 semester of education, they only know half of the curriculum. Those coming from Humber, learned the entire curriculum, and are (more) ready to work. Who will that company tend to hire on full time if they only have 1 position available?

Numerous companies come back every single year looking for interns. Each with their on loyalty to Seneca or Humber. Others hire exclusively from one or another based on calibre of students in previous years. Hence the scenario I laid out earlier. Will they see Humber students as better than Seneca simply based on education depth? I can't make comparisons between the actual programs because I simply don't know. But someone who has completed 2 semesters, and has had experience with all types of submissions and regulations is going to be much more useful to a company than someone out of Seneca who has only completed half of their program and may not have even been exposed to numerous concepts by the time they get into the internship.

In the case of Seneca, there were many jobs available and still students without internships. One must look deeper: those were the students who were not willing to relocate, not willing to take a certain job because its in medical devices and not pharmaceuticals. Some people didn't want to take a job because it was in Mississauga and they already have 12 month lease downtown without a car to get to work.

Brings to mind the saying "Beggars can't be choosers." If a student decides not to apply for jobs and risk waiting for something else to come up, it is very difficult for the school to keep finding more and more jobs to accomadate them. Some jobs come up lately, noone applies to it, it gets taken down. Once again, if someone wants to be choosy, then they cannot be baffled later on down the road when they do not have an internship yet.

D in Toronto, Ontario

67 months ago

Thanks E. Great insights. I'd actually be happy to relocate to Ottawa to escape the horrendous housing cost in TO, and the rush hour traffic. :P "beggars can't be choosers" - Amen to that. I've been searching for RA/QA/QC position for a few months now, and it's ugly out there.
Best of luck to you (if you haven't found a position yet), and again, thanks for the valuable info.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

goz in Istanbul, Turkey

67 months ago

hi E,

Lots of considerable comments! I have question about finding internship..eg. lets say I couldnt find a placement through school, so I start to arrange by myself, like through workopolis or fairs ... So if I find by myself, my internship will be again count by the school, right? to guarantee myself about an intership should I start looking for it by the time school starts? or start contacting with the firms which school provides?

E in Woodbridge, Ontario

67 months ago

there are special criteria for the internship.

First of all, it must be RA or RA related. Secondly, in the case of Humber, it must be done upon completion of your 2 semesters. IE if you do not pass all of your courses then you do not proceed to the internship.

So that being said, it becomes difficult to arrange an internship too far in advance, because how do you convince an employer to offer you a position that you can start more than 8 months from now. You must also assure them that "trust me, I'll pass all the classes". Finally, it must be a position under supervision by RA. You cannot take a job in sales, or open your own company in partnership with someone else because you need to have a supervisor who will provide feedback on your progress. This supervisor can't just be your buddy, but someone who is in RA and teaching you the field

The way they are doing it now, there is a lady in charge of the entire internship process. She has contacts everywhere and she sets up a number of jobs and posts them, once they are posted you apply to them (through her) and take it from there. Anyone who finds their own internship must still go through her. For example, I had 3 potential positions, I had to give the name, contact info, etc..She would then contact then directly, provide information on the program, the procedure, and arrange the co-op positions to start May 2010.

We started in September, we are required to start applying for internships around February. Yes, we are told to start looking now here and there through our own contacts, but even if we find something, it won't be finalized until around february anyway. Most companies do not have the ability to say "yes we will have a position open in 8 months time" you at this point anything we find will just be preliminary. They will get all the info needed on the program, the process, the deadlines and so on. closer to May it will be finalized.

D in Toronto, Ontario

67 months ago

For anyone who's done the internship - what's the breakdown between big-pharma/small-pharma/reg.aff.consulting or outsourcing firm/government agencies/biotech?

I would imagine that most will be large pharma, followed by government, and then small pharma and biotech. Just pure speculation

Nervously waiting for the results in Toronto, Ontario

67 months ago

I got my scores last week. Solid, but not super-fantastic... It's nerve-racking to check the app. status on Seneca and Ontariocolleges websites every day!

How long must I wait!?!?

Gram in Toronto, Ontario

66 months ago

For those of you who applied to Seneca for Jan 10 program, does anyone know when we'll be hearing from Seneca?

E in Woodbridge, Ontario

66 months ago

Nervously waiting for the results in Toronto, Ontario said: I got my scores last week. Solid, but not super-fantastic... It's nerve-racking to check the app. status on Seneca and Ontariocolleges websites every day!

How long must I wait!?!?

i used to call them often. and they told me over the phone that i got in something like 3-4 days before it came up on ontariocolleges.ca

that 3-4 days is crucial, so maybe you outta call them every other day

66 months ago

James in Toronto, Ontario said: I have scored 36 out of 40 in reading and 21 out of 26 in language. Can anyone please tell me whether this score is too low to get admission into Seneca?

Hey James,

I was just wondering how you got those marks. My test had three sections: first vocab out of 40, second out of 54 and third out of 54. Could anyone tell me if I was the only one who got different test.....

66 months ago

Hey James,

I was just wondering how you got those marks. My test had three sections: first, vocab out of 40, second, reading comp out of 54 and third, grammar out of 54. Could anyone tell me if I was the only one who got different test.....

66 months ago

One more question. Did anyone have to write the vocab section as well?

Gram in Toronto, Ontario

66 months ago

No, just reading and grammar. That and the essay Q's.

goz in Istanbul, Turkey

66 months ago

Hi J

My test was the same as urs. vocabulary, reading and grammer. 40-54-54 and essay. does any one know if internationals evaluated with canadians as well or only with other internationals?

goz in Istanbul, Turkey

66 months ago

hi J

are u a citizen or an international student?

66 months ago

I am Canadian living in Vancouver. Strange.......

goz in Istanbul, Turkey

66 months ago

I have no ıdea

let's reveal our scores! in Toronto, Ontario

66 months ago

For those of you who wrote the Seneca pre-admin test, anyone here want to share their exam scores for comparison? The posts are anonymous, and I think it'll give us all a better idea about where we stand.

Me - 38/40 & 25/26.
In a previous post, another person has posted his mark, 36/40 and 21/26. We have two scores.... let's keep on going!

RA Graduate in Toronto, Ontario

66 months ago

Hello Everyone!
I graduated from a regulatory affairs program just over a year ago, and let me tell you guys that it has not been easy finding a job in this field. I've applied to just about 100 companies, and had very little luck even getting interviews (5 interviews to date). It seems to me that entry-level regulatory affairs positions (i.e. for recent graduates without specific RA experience) are virtually non-existent. Based on my extensive job search, reading over various job postings, it appears that prior experience in this field is almost mandatory in order to "get your foot in the door". This profession is very difficult to get into unless one has adequate experience. It seems that acquiring that post-graduate diploma in regulatory affairs is useless. Having said all that, I do not regret pursuing that extra education since I've been interested in this field for a while now, I'm just very frustrated and anxious at this point due to that fact that I've been dealing with rejection from prospective employers for the past year. Good luck to all of you.

66 months ago

Dear RA Graduate,

Thank you for posting this. I have heard that from so many people in the industry. I heard that one should only go through the course if you are looking into expanding your knowledge on RA not to get a job. Currently, I am a director of business development for a small biotech company and I am just very interested in learning about RA. I will have to quit my job if I get in and I am beginning to wonder if that is a bad idea. Any thoughts?

RA Graduate in Toronto, Ontario

66 months ago

Dear J in Vancouver,

That is definitely a huge decision to be made on your part. Personally, because of what I've been dealing with for the past year, I would consider that too great of a risk. However, given the fact that you already work in the industry, I think that definitely works to your advantage in terms of getting into an RA position once you graduate. It's too bad that you're not in Toronto since Seneca does offer the RA program on a part-time basis, but without the co-op option.

A few of my former classmates whom I still keep in contact with just recently found employment, however, not in RA roles. One of them got a position as a protocol writer at a contract research organization, another one as a QA associate at a logistics company, and another one at a hospital assisting with clinical trials. There are also many others who are still currently unemployed. At this point I am willing to go just about anywhere to find that job, east coast, west coast, whatever. I have been applying to CROs, biotech, pharmaceutical companies, logistics, labs, big and small, start-ups, consulting firms, everywhere. Also, I'm applying not just to RA roles, but QA, QC, and anything that is relevant to my education in any way. For me it's been very depressing because I spent 7 years in post-secondary education (3 years university-life science degree, 3 years in college-pharmaceutical/chemical technology, and 1 year of RA) and it seems that I will never get to do what I'm passionate about pursuing because no one is willing to give me a chance and hire me.
Good luck J, best wishes.

RA grad number 2 in Toronto, Ontario

66 months ago

I have to completely agree with RA grads comments. Humber and Seneca are both a complete waste of time. There are NO regulatory jobs for graduates with very little experience. 95% of jobs require at least 3yrs. Humber and Seneca are fraudulent in how they promote the program. They are just in it for the money and they don't care about their students. The fact they are both taking 40 students per year is ridiculous as 85% will not be working in RA as the industry has been saturated for the last 2 yrs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

E in Woodbridge, Ontario

66 months ago

I have to chime in here and just make this point. Nowhere in either program does it say "you will be given a job" Forget RA, ANY program ANYWHERE! Internship is a chance to apply your knowledge in the field. Whether or not you get hired on full time after that is based on a variety of reasons that cannot be controlled by either school.

Now that we are starting to make wild claims, lets go ahead and say that all law schools are a huge scam too. We already have too many lawyers out there, why do they still offer the program? Same with teachers college, lets close up those places and turn them into walmarts.

I do agree with you on one point, why take in so many students? Well its a business, they still teach you RA and they still make their money, its not their job to "hold your hand" through the whole process until you find a nice job. This isn't your mom dropping you off at school in kindergarten.

There is no doubt you CAN get your internship, but some may have to take a voluntary position without pay. But you must keep your eye on the overall goal, getting that experience.

The main point is that jobs are hard to come by EVERYWHERE in pharmaceutical industry. You can't use a global recession as an excuse to make huge generalizations about 1 industry.

It seems to me like from the beginning you have had the wrong impression the whole situation. It seems like you expected someone to hand you a job once you were done.

Any able minded individual can find RA positions advertised all over the place. To say that the industry is completely saturated in one sentence, and then you say that 95% of jobs require experience, you contradict yourself and that tells me right away that you have no idea what you are talking about and you are just spouting out numbers to try and impress people who simply don't know.

(cont'd)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.