Getting a research associate job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

How did you get your start doing research associate work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

cgodric in San Lorenzo, California

47 months ago

These are some very interesting questions that I would like an answer to as well. I'm in the process of making a career change and this is the field that I would like to get into.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Karen in Montgomery, Alabama

47 months ago

I was working in research while I was in college so it was a natural transition to work there full time when I graduated. Many research associate positions do require at least a Bachelor's in the industry you are trying to work in.

The best part of the work was the people and the atmosphere. The worst was the actual research. When you need to figure out something and you don't really know where or how you are going to solve a problem, it can get very frustrating and time-consuming.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

cgodric in San Lorenzo, California

47 months ago

Thank you Karen.
I currently have an Anthropology BA degree and additional science coursework to satisfy a Professional Clear Teaching Credential in the Introductory sciences, but by not having that BS in one of the Life Sciences I am at a disadvantage when applying for research associate positions. It is becoming clearer that I may have to go back to school to achieve this degree.
Cathy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.