Respiratory Therapist Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (881) - Start a Discussion

webdox

Updated 7 months ago

Independence University Students - 89 Replies

"THEY HAVE A 82% JOB PLACEMENT RATE 360 GRADUATES AND 780 STUDENTS ENROLLED THE ONLY LOW RATE WAS THE RRT 57% PASS RATE WHICH EVERY SAYS THE RRT...

webdox

Updated 7 months ago

drug testing at san joaquin valley college respiratory program - 2 Replies

Just water load and load up on creatinine monohydrate. You'll pass.

webdox

Updated 7 months ago

I want to be a respiratory therapist in taiwan? - 3 Replies

LOL first learn one of the most difficult languages there are to read. Secondly, learn one of the most difficult languages/dialects in the world to...

webdox

Updated 7 months ago

RT programs in Houston TX - 22 Replies

Interviews are seldom won by the folks that got the best grades or can espouse their vast knowledge of respiratory to the hiring manager. A...

RRT

Looking to volunteer as a Respiratory Therapist for the Peace Corp.

Any information on this world be appreciated.

Bluetea

Updated 7 months ago

What garbage respiratory jobs on Craigslist! - 1 Reply

[QUOTE who="RRT in Orlando, Florida"]The jobs being listed on Craigslist are pitiful. No hours, no money, terrible employers and basically dead end...

TravelingRT

Updated 7 months ago

Travel Therapist ??? - 524 Replies

[QUOTE who="k.b. in Austin, Texas"]One last thing Mike. You might not like what I am saying. But you have to understand one thing. The difference...

Beth in Plano

Updated 7 months ago

Why you shouldn't go to RT school - 25 Replies

In any industry, there are simply too many people looking for work and very few jobs.

shawn

Updated 7 months ago

Master's degree - 81 Replies

[QUOTE who="Vikki in Center Moriches, New York"]I currently have my BS in Respiratory therapy. I'm currently looking into a Master's program not sure...

marktb68

Updated 7 months ago

Where is the Best Place for a Soon to be RRT - 32 Replies

I cant find a job b/c after 100's of resumes including registry I gave up YEARS AGO. I think I no longer have an interest in working as an RRT. Most...

kikorrt

NPS EXAM STUDY GUIDE

Hey fellow RCP's...anyone have the study guide for NPS EXAM they would like to sell? Or give? Haahaha there may be someone out there who is willing....

Abdul Tariz

Updated 8 months ago

Will go to Afghanistan to find respiratory therapist job! - 2 Replies

We would like to interview you for a possible job in Afghanistan. When can you arrive for an interview? Please be aware that we don't offer any...

jmray

Updated 8 months ago

NBRC ruined my life- plese help! - 307 Replies

Hi April! I've signed your petition! Please know that there are so many therapists that the "new" NBRC changes don't apply to...it's going to be hard...

TryinToGetHired

Updated 8 months ago

Do SNFs in other states require RRT Cert, or only the CRT? - 3 Replies

[QUOTE who="TravelingRT in Mountain, Colorado"]Skilled Nursing Facility , in other states also known by Kindred, Cornerstone, Reliant, Lifecare or...

RTMan

Updated 8 months ago

Are you on LinkedIn? - 1 Reply

Once you create a LinkedIn profile what do you do? Do you start messaging hiring managers in hospitals you are interested in working at?

tsuesmith

Updated 8 months ago

Respiratory Therapy Degree with evening classes???? - 1 Reply

Not that I know of.

RRT

Moved to St Petersburg, Florida need to find job asap!

I recently moved to Florida and have found it very hard to find a job in my field. I have applied for so many jobs I have lost track! I just didn't...

Crtgirl

HCA INC just collects applications for jobs they never hire anyone!

NOT UNDER CONSIDERATION THAT IS THE ONLY RESPONSE YOU GET BACK FROM THEIR HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT! They make you fill.out a online application...

Respiratory Therapist

Updated 8 months ago

HCA INC in Florida posts jobs you cant get dont waste your time submitting an application. - 1 Reply

[QUOTE who="RRT-NPS, RPFT in Florida"]I have great credentials and many years experience working in all different modalities of respiratory care. I...

mplsrt

Updated 9 months ago

$25 annual NBRC membership - 1 Reply

I've been told it is not. I did it last year, thinking it was required. From what I hear from co-workers, just another money maker for NBRC. I have...

davrrt

Updated 9 months ago

RT Job in the Northern California (Bay Area) - 14 Replies

That's if if you get lucky enough to get an interview as a new grad. I've put out countless aps w/ resume and letters of rec and had 1 interview. But...

Elle89

Updated 9 months ago

Western Career College - 29 Replies

[QUOTE who="wannabrt in Hayward, California"]I work for the registry and I make between 32 and 37 per hour depending on where I work; remember, after...

ebusiness66ATyahooDOTcom

Updated 9 months ago

Came to Florida in search of job no luck two months later! - 1 Reply

Wow. I am sorry to har that. I hope something works out for you. As for us here in Texas, things are tough too, but San Antonio, Houston and...

ebusiness66ATyahooDOTcom

Updated 9 months ago

Home care to hospital care for a CRT or RRT - 2 Replies

The main thing that will; hurt you to get into a hospital is that you are still a CRT. I know hospitals now prefer to hire RRT as there are tons of...

vogt

Updated 9 months ago

Left NJ went to Florida in search of job! - 4 Replies

Try Florida hospital Orlando they have a graduate RRT program open right now you work all FL hospital, and work full time you just have to be willing...

Richard

Updated 9 months ago

I just took the ACCS exam and missed passing by 3 points! - 1 Reply

Kettering has rolled out their review course and study guide will be out in November for homw study. I kust got back from Vegas after attending the...

acruzrrt

Updated 9 months ago

new grad needs a job - 16 Replies

Hi I'm a recent (almost 2 years ago) grad from Columbus Ohio and trust me, I know its hard to get a job in this field as a newbie, especially back...

Milkman

Updated 9 months ago

CRT from a one year program becoming a RRT. - 6 Replies

What do,ya thinkmdoesmnbrc recognize dme/ homecare as clinical Experience

RRT-NPS, RPFT

Updated 9 months ago

how hard is it to find a job in Orlando fl - 7 Replies

[QUOTE who="HERO2805 in Twentynine Palms, California"]Im thinking of going to Concorde career college in Garden Grove for Respiratory! Any advise...

ebusiness66ATyahooDOTcom

Updated 10 months ago

Respiratory Therapy - 1 Reply

This is interesting. I don't think I have personally seen a nurse wanting to become a RRT. Have you thought this through? I believe your Nursing...

Dcash2722

Updated 10 months ago

Lindsey Jones Review - 2 Replies

[QUOTE who="Elisa in Los Angeles, California"]Hi everyone! Has anyone passed the CRT, RRT, and ClinSims just by using Lindsey Jones...

KC-RRT

Updated 10 months ago

What next after Bachelor's degree in Respiratory Care - 7 Replies

You could maybe look into a career as either a perfusionist or anesthesia asisstant.

RRT-NPS, RPFT

No respiratory jobs in Florida!

Just moved down to Florida from New Jersey and all the jobs listed on the different job websites are not for real they must go to internal applicants.

ebusiness66ATyahooDOTcom

Updated 10 months ago

RT or RN - 32 Replies

[QUOTE who="RTstudent in San Antonio, Texas"]I have been reading all his comments, and I must say that he is so unprofessional. He abuses anyone that...

Mark RCP

Updated 10 months ago

Polysomnography AKA Sleep Technology - 4 Replies

[QUOTE who="dboyz0123 in Youngstown, Ohio"]@ Rob, is there a way this field can actually translate to another? @ Mark are they evolving the sleep...

Buffalo RT

Illinois- Chicago job market

Could any of the current RTs in Illinois/ Chicago please comment on the job market for new grads in the region. Also, what are the salaries/wages...

lavender

Updated 10 months ago

need NPTE Books - 1 Reply

i have new npte books to sell. let me know if anyone interested. contct me lavender.pt07@gmail.com

jacsd

Laid off as CRT 4 years ago, need my RRT to work again. What should I do?

Hi, I’m a CRT that has not been working since I was laid off in 2009. Now hospitals in San Diego, CA require an RRT. I have forgotten a lot of things...

Mark RCP

Updated 10 months ago

Respiratory Therapist Training/Degrees - 1 Reply

[QUOTE who="hd in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania"]I am in my third year at Temple with a major in Communications and a minor in Spanish. I didn't know...

BradleyRTstudent

RT student Should I be looking at changing Fields down the road...OT??

Hello, My general question is this: I am a 3rd semester RT student....I was in an RN program and I hated everything about that profession, hence, I...

Mark RCP

Updated 10 months ago

Need to find job ASAP! - 7 Replies

[QUOTE who="Kim_H"]NJ- I am kinda in the same predicament, 29 years experience along with the creation of a long-term ventilator unit and the...

ebusiness66ATyahooDOTcom

Updated 10 months ago

Pay Range in Austin, Texas - 29 Replies

[QUOTE who="Lynn Horton in Dearborn, Mississippi"]I can apply now...correct? I don't have to be living in Texas to apply?[/QUOTE] You are moving...

Mark RCP

Updated 10 months ago

Is Respiratory therapy becoming a bachelor's degree only ? - 26 Replies

True in what you said about as so many schools out there for RT and way to many flooding the field but also to attribute is the desire and ambition...

Mark RCP

Updated 11 months ago

AAS vs. Bachelors - 59 Replies

Go a head and waste your money on the BSRT and find that no hospital hiring RTs will ask for it or even cares period. And enjoy the money you wasted...

F.Lee

Updated 11 months ago

would you pick RT again? - 261 Replies

If I had to do it all over again, I would have picked a culinary art degree. I would be making less, but at least I would have been WORKING since...

STERLING WILLIAMS

Updated 11 months ago

Masters In Respiratory Care - 10 Replies

EMT-B will also be considered as experience.

ebusiness66ATyahooDOTcom

Updated 11 months ago

Can't find work, defaulted on student loans and now homeless! - 8 Replies

Wow, this is a terrible situation. A graduate committed suicide because of no job? That is sad to hear about. And then you live in a tent in the...

ebusiness66ATyahooDOTcom

Updated 11 months ago

Moving from Texas to California. What do i need to work as an RT in California? - 1 Reply

I know you have to have the license to practice in California. Try googling to find out about getting licensed in California. Or you can call your...

Mark RCP

Updated 11 months ago

Job opportunities/ advice for RRT in North Texas - 4 Replies

[QUOTE who="Paul in Irving, Texas"]Yes, at least it seems that my main issue is lack of true experience in respiratory outside of school period. I...

k.b.

Updated 11 months ago

Average Respiratory Pay in Los Angeles California - 327 Replies

[QUOTE who="Mark RCP in Somewhere out there"]If you plan on taking the chance on moving, I hope you have family to live with in CA, as a New grad you...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.