Advice

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Ashleyk in Warren, Michigan

20 months ago

I need some advice..

I am 22 years old and looking to become an RT..I didnt know what I wanted to do since I got out of HS and its very important to me that I go into a field that I enjoy doing!! I do not want to be one of the those people that go into work and hate their jobs everyday.. So I recently job shadowed a RT and loved it. However I just didnt like there wasnt much advancement in the field! Also all these negative comments and reviews I hear about the job scary me..I just want to know if any RTs regret going into the field or if they love there job. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Kiera in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

20 months ago

Hello. I am new RRT and have been in the field for little over a year and I love what I do and I take pride in my job. There are negatives into any career that you pursue, I hear nurses complain all the time. Personally, I love the fact that Respiratory is not constant bedside care. We get to experience other areas besides being confined into one unit or floor. Also, I love to intubate and extubate patients. Yes, weird! As far as negatives, I don't like the little respect I get from some physicians. I can be right near the vent during rounds and he or she will look for the nurse on is the patient able to be weaned! Crazy! Its a lot of job postings but its not easy finding a job. It took me 7 months and that was only become of who I knew. I have friends 2 years post graduation still searching. Its not impossible but its worth it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.