American River College

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (14)

PC in Oakland, California

80 months ago

Anyone here attend or heard of American River College respiratory program.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Mai in Sacramento, California

76 months ago

I attended ARC and it sucks. You should try SJVC. ARC has a bad reputation in the hospitals are being less qualified and it shows with its students...you may have to pay more but the education is worth it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

PEDRO in Sacramento, California

68 months ago

Mai in Sacramento, California said: I attended ARC and it sucks. You should try SJVC. ARC has a bad reputation in the hospitals are being less qualified and it shows with its students...you may have to pay more but the education is worth it.

THE PROGRAM DOES SUCK. THE INSTRUCTORS ARE HORRIBLE. LISA IS A COMPLETE IDIOT. IF YOU WANT TO LEARN THE PROFESSION DO NOT ATTEND ARC RESPIRATORY CARE PROGRAM. A DIRECT QUOTE FROM VIDUYA AND COLDIRON "WE ARE THE HARVARD OF RESPIRATORY CARE" LOL WHAT A JOKE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Lanikai girl in Sacramento, California

67 months ago

PEDRO in Sacramento, California said: THE PROGRAM DOES SUCK. THE INSTRUCTORS ARE HORRIBLE. LISA IS A COMPLETE IDIOT. IF YOU WANT TO LEARN THE PROFESSION DO NOT ATTEND ARC RESPIRATORY CARE PROGRAM. A DIRECT QUOTE FROM VIDUYA AND COLDIRON "WE ARE THE HARVARD OF RESPIRATORY CARE" LOL WHAT A JOKE.

Hey Pedro,
What about CCHS? I couldn't find the AS for RCP @ SJVC. Please let me know what you've heard or programs you'd suggest.

67 months ago

Lanikai girl in Sacramento, California said: Hey Pedro,
What about CCHS? I couldn't find the AS for RCP @ SJVC. Please let me know what you've heard or programs you'd suggest.

Nevermind - I found SJVC, but it's pretty expensive. I'm still considering CCHS. Viduya said he is only taking ARC RT students for clinical, when I was trying to find a clinical site for the CCHS program. Any advice would be welcome.

67 months ago

Mai in Sacramento, California said: I attended ARC and it sucks. You should try SJVC. ARC has a bad reputation in the hospitals are being less qualified and it shows with its students...you may have to pay more but the education is worth it.

SJVC is really expensive compared to ARC - is it really that bad - if you had the chance to do it all over again would you really do the program through SJVC? How is their reputation?

sjuarez in Yuba City, California

37 months ago

Lanikai girl in Sacramento, California said: Nevermind - I found SJVC, but it's pretty expensive. I'm still considering CCHS. Viduya said he is only taking ARC RT students for clinical, when I was trying to find a clinical site for the CCHS program. Any advice would be welcome.

Lanikai girl what is CCHS? for the rt program? am trying not to commute to Rancho for SJVC.

RespiratoryTherapist in Carmichael, California

35 months ago

ARC is the best school in Sacramento. I have been a Registered Respiratory Therapist for 7 years. I have seen the performance of private school grads in comparison to ARC grads and there is NO COMPARISON. ARC grads are hands-down more prepared for the real world than the private school grads. I surmise that the reason private school grads struggle is because it takes longer than 18 months to learn the clinical aspects of respiratory care. I do not recommend spending the money to go to a private school. It is too expensive and the job market is too flooded with RT's. You will be lucky to find a job and you will be stuck with a ton of non-dischargable debt.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

OPA in Sacramento, California

30 months ago

Students pay approximately 43000 for a the same length of time to go through ARC which costs less. Students who decide to finance and/or pay more tend to be more motivated. Those who go to ARC are selected on a lottery basis. It is by chance that they get in and not based soley on grades. The instructors at ARC are limited as to who gets in where the SJVC program, the program director personally selects each candidate.

No matter which program you attend, it is your personal motivation and your personality to succeed which makes you a good RCP, a bad RCP or an excellent RCP.

30 months ago

Lanikai girl in Sacramento, California said: Nevermind - I found SJVC, but it's pretty expensive. I'm still considering CCHS. Viduya said he is only taking ARC RT students for clinical, when I was trying to find a clinical site for the CCHS program. Any advice would be welcome.

That is because Viduya at Kaiser is married to the ARC program director, L Viduya. They wont' take any SJVC students either.

the competitiveness of the programs affects the students and their learning.

30 months ago

RespiratoryTherapist in Carmichael, California said: ARC is the best school in Sacramento. I have been a Registered Respiratory Therapist for 7 years. I have seen the performance of private school grads in comparison to ARC grads and there is NO COMPARISON. ARC grads are hands-down more prepared for the real world than the private school grads. I surmise that the reason private school grads struggle is because it takes longer than 18 months to learn the clinical aspects of respiratory care. I do not recommend spending the money to go to a private school. It is too expensive and the job market is too flooded with RT's. You will be lucky to find a job and you will be stuck with a ton of non-dischargable debt.

Not necessarily so. The SJVC program in Rancho Corodva has many BS degree applicants; however, critical thinking skills are lacking in both progrms.

mama123 in Rancho Cordova, California

29 months ago

I would like to know if anyone is willing to share..what does Resp therapist make at kaiser compared to mercy sacramento area and or bay area?

mama123 in Rancho Cordova, California

29 months ago

Does kaiser accept independence university resp care students?

h20skierlvr in Roseville, California

23 months ago

RespiratoryTherapist in Carmichael, California said: ARC is the best school in Sacramento. I have been a Registered Respiratory Therapist for 7 years. I have seen the performance of private school grads in comparison to ARC grads and there is NO COMPARISON. ARC grads are hands-down more prepared for the real world than the private school grads. I surmise that the reason private school grads struggle is because it takes longer than 18 months to learn the clinical aspects of respiratory care. I do not recommend spending the money to go to a private school. It is too expensive and the job market is too flooded with RT's. You will be lucky to find a job and you will be stuck with a ton of non-dischargable debt.

Hello,

Can you tell me approx how many graduates get jobs in the Respiratoty Care field after they graduate from the ARC program?

Thanks,

Mike

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.