Canadian respiratory therapist trying to work in the U.S.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

J in Toronto, Ontario

19 months ago

Hi

I will be graduating shortly with a 4 year degree in respiratory therapy. I would like to work here in Canada for a few years then possibly work in the U.S. As a Canadian Citizen is it possible to work\find a job in the U.S? What is this process like? Any recommended agency's or employeers?

Regards,
J

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

upnorth

19 months ago

J in Toronto, Ontario said: Hi

I will be graduating shortly with a 4 year degree in respiratory therapy. I would like to work here in Canada for a few years then possibly work in the U.S. As a Canadian Citizen is it possible to work\find a job in the U.S? What is this process like? Any recommended agency's or employeers?

Regards,
J

You need to contact the NBRC in US and see if there is a recprocity agreement with US-Canada,there was but it changed a few years ago, then you'll have to get a work visa,not sure if hospital has to sponser it,and if they will give as there are alot of RT;s here to fill jobs

M in London, Ontario

16 months ago

As of may 2013 it is now possible for a Canadian to challenge the CRT exam at the NBRC. I too would like to go to the USA to work so hopefully if there enough interest we can find a path.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.