Home Health Advice/Comments/Referrals/Warnings/Pay Rates?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

bella1723 in Mcallen, Texas

14 months ago

Just looking for any comments/advice on the topics above? Any companies to stay away from? Any companies that are good employers? Type of work? Type of schedules? Pay averages? Etc...

Thank you all in advance for your replies!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

I don't know much about any home health companies (that hire RT's) down here except for Preferred Home Health Care. They might actually be new down here. I'm unsure, so that I don't know what pay rates are here in South Texas. I currently work at a hospital. You're right about referrals, I really just meant advice as to what home health RT's job duties are. I read that somewhere that it is mostly oxygen setup, bipap/cpap setups, nebulizers. Hospital PRN jobs I think range from $20-$32/hr.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

ebusiness66ATyahooDOTcom in Houston, Texas said: I see you are in McAllen, I visit there a lot as I have friends in Edinburg, Pharr and McAllen. In fact, I was there last weekend and I went to Progresso, Mexico.

Email me at ebusiness66@yahoo.com.

Maybe I can help you with some answers to your questions while you can help answer some questions of mine also, for I was thinking of applying down there for a supervisory position with more responsibilities. I see a potential market there as there are quite some few hospitals and I wonder how many RRTs graduate from that area. Do you know this information?

There are 2 schools. The one I graduated from graduates an average of 12-15 students per year and other I think graduates a class every 2 years about 15-20 range maybe. I will email you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.