Is it true

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

reaching4thestars in memphis, Tennessee

65 months ago

I am starting RT school in September and I was reading some of the comments. Is it true that RT only work 3 day a week and only work more hour in the winter and work lesser in the summer. My question is how can one make a living like that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mark RCP in Texas

65 months ago

reaching4thestars in memphis, Tennessee said: I am starting RT school in September and I was reading some of the comments. Is it true that RT only work 3 day a week and only work more hour in the winter and work lesser in the summer. My question is how can one make a living like that.

Yes, its 3 -12 hr shifts, or maybe 4-10 hr shifts.But mainly all hospitals do 12's.Welcome to healthcare.You need to ,and should ,kinda have been told this, or done some research. Alot of RT's work prn or a second job to get by.Just how it goes in healthcare.You can work one place,then another.Winter is the best time to pick-up overtime, due to flu season,exp copd pts who are in alot.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RRT in Dearborn, Michigan

65 months ago

You can also work 5 eight hour shift a week. I do it along with many other people in my department. BTW reaching4, 3-12 hours shifts IS full-time work with benefits. How can you NOT make a living off of that is a better question. In the summer work loads are generally lighter but it does not mean you don't work your 3-12 hour shifts that week, it only means you don't work as hard for the same money you make in the winter when you are busting your ass.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Brian Freeman in Phoenix, Arizona

19 months ago

reaching4thestars in memphis, Tennessee said: I am starting RT school in September and I was reading some of the comments. Is it true that RT only work 3 day a week and only work more hour in the winter and work lesser in the summer. My question is how can one make a living like that.

I have been a RRT for many years and I have been having the hardest time in the world securing a full time position. I have worked per Diem for the past three years and it is not paying off. I dont think any facility is really hiring at this point.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.