Job Interview questions!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

NEWGRADRRT in Cheyenne, Wyoming

22 months ago

I have a job interview this week for a PRN Respiratory Therapist job about an hour and half from where I live (I live in a rural state so finding a job in this field close is hard to come by). I have 3 kids and my husband works shifts so to be able to work without childcare I would like to work the days he has off. Should I tell them my availability is (for example) Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and very other Wednesday, or should I find a childcare provider so I have more available days (but then the pay may not be worth it, I'm guessing PRN starting as an RRT is around 20 dollars an hour, childcare would be at least ten of that). I am also leaving for a visit with family, it has been planned for months, on May 30th until the 16th or 17th. Should I tell them that at my interview? When should I tell them my start date is? They have had the job open (and a full time slot) since October 2012 so I am guessing they are having a hard time finding someone.

I will hopefully have an interview with another hospital that is 5 hours away but in a city we really want to live in. If we decide to relocate for the job, what is an acceptable time table to give (we will need to sell our house, find another house to rent, husband will need to leave his job and find another one).

Also, I haven't worked in 4 years, I have been going to school and raising children. How do I answer those questions that ask you to tell them about a time when you were working that such in such happened. And how do I gain the confidence that I do deserve the job? I know I am a hard worker and I love the health care field, how do I convey this without sounding like every other person who interviews? Thank you in advance!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

NEWRRTGRAD in Cheyenne, Wyoming

22 months ago

Yes the full time starting wage is around 18 dollars an hour here, for a new grad. It doesn't include shift differential etc.

We have talked about moving to that area so if that particular hospital pays enough that we can move there and afford to live on my pay for a few months then it is a possibility.

Is it acceptable to call potential hospitals and talk to the CP directors and ask about pay and any other questions about the job before applying?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.