Jobs in Dubai

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (33)

nicole in Richmond, British Columbia

78 months ago

Hello,

Canadian RRT here looking for any information on job roles, and recent wages/packages in Dubai for RRT's.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (207) / No (37) Reply - Report abuse

nicole in Richmond, British Columbia

78 months ago

No offense taken

Not single, husband is coming and working there also.
I know so many people who had the time of their lives in Saudi.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Sebastien in Terrebonne, Quebec

77 months ago

??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Ivan in Fairfax Station, Virginia

72 months ago

RRT here looking for any information on job roles, and recent wages/packages in Dubai for RRT's. you can email me at inemorin@yahoo.com. Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Diana in Cliff, New Mexico

71 months ago

For anyone stumbling onto this thread...In 1980 I worked at Tawam Hospital in Al Ain, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates as a single American woman. The hospital was in its primitive infancy then and is now affiliated with Johns Hopkins Hospital of MD.
The laws and atmosphere in the Emirates are very different than Saudi. Women are allowed to drive, you need to dress discreetly in town, but on the coast...Dubai for example...the beach resorts are amazing and you can wear bathing suits, drink alcohol etc. The area has gone through vast changes since then, but I believe the basics remain the same.
It was the best time of my life. It is a different culture, but my philosophy was "when in Rome, do as the Romans". I had no problems traveling around, (never alone). You just have to use common sense and educate yourself on the customs and culture as you are in their country and should respect it.
There are lots of sites with info for Dubai. Google Respiratory Therapy Dubai or UAE. Another good site for info on travel positions in general is delphiforums.com
Maybe I'll see you there one day.
Best of luck,
Diana
FYI...the first International RC conference is being held in Dubai this fall.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No Reply - Report abuse

Justin in Mississauga, Ontario

70 months ago

How and where to apply for engineering job in UAE? What is your opinion about bayt.com?

Looking to land a job there.

Thanks for the help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Diana in Glenwood, New Mexico

68 months ago

Hi,
I searched Dubai Respiratory therapist. All of the agencies that I saw required at least 2 yr experience. You could try as a direct hire, I'm sure the HR people there could direct you through the paper work. I found it interesting that there were only permanent positions. If you searched and put yourself on a few email lists, something may come up.
The Respiratory community is vastly different from the way it was when I was there. I was excited to find that they formed an Emirates Society for Respiratory Care last Feb.
www.earcp.com/index.html
The contacts there are your best bet for accurate, up to date information. The Links section lists the hospitals, locations and web sites.
Now, my personal opinion:
If you are considering a travel position internationally or in the states, I would recommend that you wait until you have at least one year of critical care experience. Working in a chronic care facility provides you with great experience for that genre of patients, but you need to expand your skills and become proficient in acute care as well. Hospital staff expect a traveler to "hit the ground running" and be able to work the ER, ICUs and general floor care areas independently.
I was really humbled when I took my first travel assignment in AK. I came from a major teaching hospital where the therapists only worked in the intensive care areas. I thought I was prepared for anything, but non critical care is a huge part of a travelers responsibilities. EKGs, holter monitoring, bedside PFTs, just to name a few. The phlebotomy dept drew all of our ABGs, so I was only experienced with drawing from an art line. I was embarrassed on more than a few occasions by my lack of skills.
Also, if you don't have a passport, start that process now. I wish you the best of luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mo in Washington, District of Columbia

67 months ago

Ivan in Fairfax Station, Virginia said: RRT here looking for any information on job roles, and recent wages/packages in Dubai for RRT's. you can email me at inemorin@yahoo.com. Thank you

Please give me the informations in detail how to get a job in Duabai as a RRT. Appreciate

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lizzy george in Nashville, Tennessee

67 months ago

looking for RESPIRATORY THERAPIST DAY SHIFT possition in uae.have 17y experience in icu............email is lizzygeorge2649@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

deborah sabbagh in Dearborn Heights, Michigan

59 months ago

Diana in Cliff, New Mexico said: For anyone stumbling onto this thread...In 1980 I worked at Tawam Hospital in Al Ain, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates as a single American woman. The hospital was in its primitive infancy then and is now affiliated with Johns Hopkins Hospital of MD.
The laws and atmosphere in the Emirates are very different than Saudi. Women are allowed to drive, you need to dress discreetly in town, but on the coast...Dubai for example...the beach resorts are amazing and you can wear bathing suits, drink alcohol etc. The area has gone through vast changes since then, but I believe the basics remain the same.
It was the best time of my life. It is a different culture, but my philosophy was "when in Rome, do as the Romans". I had no problems traveling around, (never alone). You just have to use common sense and educate yourself on the customs and culture as you are in their country and should respect it.
There are lots of sites with info for Dubai. Google Respiratory Therapy Dubai or UAE. Another good site for info on travel positions in general is delphiforums.com
Best of luck,
Diana

I was at Tawam in Respiratory in May of 1981. The managers name was Jim? When did you leave? I there were two female RT's and one from Canada. I think one was named June and one Patti from the U.S Deborah

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

radhuidu in Tiruppur, India

59 months ago

iam working as a rspiratory therapist in 500bedded hospital in india ciombatore. 6 yrs experiances in icu and pulmonology lab. looking for jobs in dubai. email radhuicu@rediffmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

radhuicu in Coimbatore, India

58 months ago

i am working as a respiratory therapist for past 6 yrs in icu and pulmonology lab. looking for better jobs in dubai. email radhuicu@rediffmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

vrushali in Bombay, India

55 months ago

hi i m physio therapist from india.. i have one yr experience in critical care n post open heart surgery rehabilition for a reputed hospital in mumbai plus i have worked part time for out patient care .. i wish to work in dubai by next yr.. how shold i go for it.. pls help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RTsWithoutBorder in North Bay, Ontario

52 months ago

RT from the great white north. Loving the profession. Been to the Middle East for 11 years and loved it. To radhuidu in Tiruppur, India, get that license but be damn proud of your accent bhai saab!!! i sure am :)
and those who cant accept people based on something as simple as their accent don't deserve to be in a caring healthcare field to begin with.

peace and best of luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Glory in Smyrna, Georgia

51 months ago

RTsWithoutBorder in North Bay, Ontario said: RT from the great white north. Loving the profession. Been to the Middle East for 11 years and loved it. To radhuidu in Tiruppur, India, get that license but be damn proud of your accent bhai saab!!! i sure am :)
and those who cant accept people based on something as simple as their accent don't deserve to be in a caring healthcare field to begin with.

peace and best of luck

Hello RTwithoutborder, I'm a rrt, seriously considering a job in UAE and would like more personal information. I have many questions and I'm looking for someone to give me insight.. Thank You in advance

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Glory in Smyrna, Georgia

51 months ago

Will someone please give me information on respiratory therapist's positions in UAE. I am already in contact with recruiters but, I would like to better educate myself on what I'm getting into. I would like to know helpful websites to educate me on customs and lifestyles, of Dubai and surrounding cities. I'm a 47yr old, independent, and well disciplined single female. I love hard work and challenges. I'm a very flexible team player.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

peter in Adelaide, Australia

49 months ago

robin in Toronto, Ontario said: No chance in Dubai. Try USA. Pass NBRC license first. Improve your accent.

Robin, don't bring accent here. You know many doctors you work with have different accent. They are all good. All you need is compassion and dedication. You are in globalized world. Grow up and change your attitude.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

gloria in Ooltewah, Tennessee

48 months ago

I saw your post, i am in the same boat, any luck with your research, any leads i can follow? Last kid off to college no ties therapist 17 years. thanks for any info.

TLC in Virginia Beach, Virginia

47 months ago

Glory in Smyrna, Georgia said: Will someone please give me information on respiratory therapist's positions in UAE. I am already in contact with recruiters but, I would like to better educate myself on what I'm getting into. I would like to know helpful websites to educate me on customs and lifestyles, of Dubai and surrounding cities. I'm a 47yr old, independent, and well disciplined single female. I love hard work and challenges. I'm a very flexible team player.

Glory..I am in Virginia Beach, Virginia. I'm an experienced RRT in critical care with 6+ years and I am also seeking employment in UAE. Have you found a recruiter? I'm having a difficult time. Can you pass any info. along to me that would help me to find employment? I would greatly appreciate it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ivan RRT in East Ellijay, Georgia

47 months ago

Hi you can contact SA international google them, Im actually going away soon and wil be working overseas through this company. Im a RRT and you need at least two years in service as a RRT. tell them that Ivan Nemorin refered you, Gods speed

RRT crusader in Richmond, British Columbia

47 months ago

Hey Ivan Nemorin,
Are U aware that you'll be working 48 hrs a week? Did SA Int'l(Agengy) explain it clearly to you that the working hrs in Middle East the norm is 48 hrs/wk? and also, did they explain you'll be taxed on your overseas income when you filed your tax returns?

ErnstHenry in charlotte, North Carolina

46 months ago

Has anyone worked in Dubai as a Respiratory therapist? how was the experience? Please send me an e-mail & let me know if it's worth it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

EM in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

42 months ago

We have posts for RRTs in our hospital. Let me know if you are interested.

Sarah RRT in Montreal, Quebec

42 months ago

Hello, I'm a registered respiratory therapist and anesthesia technician from Quebec, who's currently working as an anesthesia technician in the OR. I am seriously considering a career in the UAE and would be interested in further information. I speak arabic, french and english and have both the CSRT exam done as well as the OPIQ one. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ajsmacdonald in Halifax, Nova Scotia

41 months ago

uli2000 in Ely, Nevada said: No offence, but I hear the middle east is a awful place to work if you are a single woman.

That is such BS.
Ignore this ignorant person.
UAE is nothing like the rest of the middle east.
I worked there for 2 years. Wore what I wanted, drank alcohol, drove> all legal.
UAE is 85% expats and only 15% nationals.
awesome place to work, Live. Good money, good role as an RRT, good travel.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

asma in Scarborough, Ontario

38 months ago

Sarah RRT in Montreal, Quebec said: Hello, I'm a registered respiratory therapist and anesthesia technician from Quebec, who's currently working as an anesthesia technician in the OR. I am seriously considering a career in the UAE and would be interested in further information. I speak arabic, french and english and have both the CSRT exam done as well as the OPIQ one. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

hello,
i have bachelors degree in medicine from india ,i want to do RRT and

anes.assistant, can u plz help me in this ,my email is hershey.desi@gamil.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jobless RT in Los Angeles, California

37 months ago

I am very interested in going abroad to Dubai for an RT contract. Which company/contractor is the best to go to? I am a male, so there would be no problems for me living and working in the Middle East.

Also, I am getting conflicting reports on whether or not the income you make will be taxed once you get back onto US soil and file taxes.

Thank you very much for you replies.

Pushy in North Vancouver, British Columbia

37 months ago

Moving to dubai with husbands job and wanting to work there as a RRT. I have 4 years experience in critical care setting. If anyone has any information as to how I can apply I would greatly appreciate it.

Monica in Revere, Massachusetts

26 months ago

Diana in Cliff, New Mexico said: For anyone stumbling onto this thread...In 1980 I worked at Tawam Hospital in Al Ain, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates as a single American woman. The hospital was in its primitive infancy then and is now affiliated with Johns Hopkins Hospital of MD.
Best of luck,
Diana

Hi my name is Monica i have a CRT and i would like imfo about how to work in dubai as a respiratory therapist right now i'm working in a hospital in BOSTON MASSACHUSETT. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Gunes in Cleveland, Ohio

26 months ago

nicole in Richmond, British Columbia said: No offense taken

Not single, husband is coming and working there also.
I know so many people who had the time of their lives in Saudi.[/QUOTI

I applied for job in Qatar but I was denied because job was single status, they would not allow me to bring my family. I am a respiratory therapist, would have love to work over in middle east.

Stacey in Dubai, United Arab Emirates

23 months ago

Pushy in North Vancouver, British Columbia said: Moving to dubai with husbands job and wanting to work there as a RRT. I have 4 years experience in critical care setting. If anyone has any information as to how I can apply I would greatly appreciate it.

Did you eer find a job in Dubai?

Williamjone in Chennai, India

15 months ago

Hi, Im williamjone, I looking for <a href="www.joblaa.com/jobs-in-dubai.html">Jobs In Dubai</a>. I have applied in all websites.
If we go for working in Dubai, whether they will provide accomdation for us.

kdg142001@yahoo.com in Robbinsville, North Carolina

5 months ago

nicole in Richmond, British Columbia said: Hello,

Canadian RRT here looking for any information on job roles, and recent wages/packages in Dubai for RRT's.

Did you find out any info concerning Dubai? I am looking to work in Dubai, I am a RRT with 40 years experience. Thanks, kdg142001@yahoo.com

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.