New CRT, need job advice and advice on passing the RRT simulations.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (43)

HunnyBunny in San Jose, California

45 months ago

Chico in Cedar Rapids, Iowa said: I passed my boards last Thursday on my first my first attempt. I am good at taking tests and used the Kettering materials. I want to earn my RRT credential within the next month because I feel that what I've learned in school will never be as fresh in my mind as it is right now. I took a practice written registry today and passed it so I'm not too worried about that portion. I am kind of intimidated by the clinical simulation exam. Should I continue using my Kettering materials or would I find my JB Review and Sills books more helpful? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

ABSOLUTELY take the RRT as soon as possible. You will quickly start to lose the knowledge that you don't use on a daily basis.
RE: Clin Sims, Kettering should have given you a book on conditions and special treatment of those. For example - lots of suctioning for a Laryngectomy. I think the Clin sim is 4 hours(may be wrong on that so verify). The only people in my class that took more than 1.5 to 2 hours to complete were those who struggled with English.
Kettering teaches you "the Rules", such as when to order which diagnostic tests, and what parameter vent setting NBRC wants. If it says "Physician disagrees" does not mean you lost points or chose the wrong answer. It is designed to throw you (which is SOOOOO messed up!!)
Study your Kettering materials and you should be fine, just don't take to long to take the test.

Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

one time in Marietta, Georgia

45 months ago

I took the practice NBRC CRT self assessment test and made a 79 is that passing enough to pass the real test

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Chico in Cedar Rapids, Iowa

45 months ago

one time in Marietta, Georgia said: I took the practice NBRC CRT self assessment test and made a 79 is that passing enough to pass the real test

No, to pass the NBRC CRT practice test you need to score a 105. The real CRT is much harder than the NBRC test, Kettering, or Lindsey Jones practice test. To pass the real CRT you need 86 correct answers, which would give you a scaled score of 75. Given the difference in difficulty between the real thing and the practice exams 105 correct practice exam answers would be equivalent to 86 correct answer4s on the actual CRT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

one time in Port Allen, Louisiana

45 months ago

Thanks I got a lot of work to do I am for off

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

one time in Port Allen, Louisiana

45 months ago

what study mehod you use

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Chico in Cedar Rapids, Iowa

45 months ago

one time in Port Allen, Louisiana said: what study mehod you use

I used the Kettering materials and online modules. My school hosted a Kettering seminar and as part of the payment we each got a study guide and workbook for to use for preparing for the CRT and written registry exams. I also bought the Kettering flash cards with all the normal values and equations that you need to know. I also bought 15 tokens so I could do each of Kettering's online modules. The online modules are excellent. They turned my weak point into my strong point. I also completed the entire workbook and memorized all the equations and normal values. I did very well on my CRT exam. On the 21st I'll be taking my written registry exam. I am preparing in the exact same way. I bought 15 more tokens so I can do the WRRT modules online. After that I'll tackle the simulations.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

HunnyBunny in San Jose, California

45 months ago

Chico in Cedar Rapids, Iowa said: I used the Kettering materials and online modules. My school hosted a Kettering seminar and as part of the payment we each got a study guide and workbook for to use for preparing for the CRT and written registry exams. I also bought the Kettering flash cards with all the normal values and equations that you need to know. I also bought 15 tokens so I could do each of Kettering's online modules. The online modules are excellent. They turned my weak point into my strong point. I also completed the entire workbook and memorized all the equations and normal values. I did very well on my CRT exam. On the 21st I'll be taking my written registry exam. I am preparing in the exact same way. I bought 15 more tokens so I can do the WRRT modules online. After that I'll tackle the simulations.

Best of Luck to you!
You should do just fine - it sounds like you are preparing well.

RRT that cures in Riverside, California

45 months ago

Study your ass off!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

smnthalynn in Erie, Pennsylvania

34 months ago

I am taking my simulations here soon. Keep studying your Kettering, as well as try to work. I felt like i was more prepared for my exams due to the fact i work at a trauma center and I am getting alot of hands on expirience, therefore I can actually put myself in some of these situations they give.

I hope i pass before graduation. That'll be awesome.
Like i said, kettering knows its stuff, due to they created the exam.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

RRT in Eatontown, New Jersey

34 months ago

smnthalynn in Erie, Pennsylvania said: I am taking my simulations here soon. Keep studying your Kettering, as well as try to work. I felt like i was more prepared for my exams due to the fact i work at a trauma center and I am getting alot of hands on expirience, therefore I can actually put myself in some of these situations they give.

I hope i pass before graduation. That'll be awesome.
Like i said, kettering knows its stuff, due to they created the exam.

I am an RRT-NPS,RPFT and have passed every test the NBRC has including the dreaded clinical sims. I secret to passing the sims is you have to know what to do for every situation,pneumo,chf,od,neck injury,mg,gb,bypass surgey,copd patient and asthma. If you know what to do for all the different situations they throw at you than you will do fine.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

smnthalynn RRT in Erie, Pennsylvania

34 months ago

I just passed my RRT today ... woot!
as long as you know your stuff, it'll be fine.. it was actually alot easier than the kettering was!
so no worries!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

pdandrey07 in Smyrna, Georgia

32 months ago

@ smnthalynn can you tell me which material you used to study please.i failed the crt 3x.now am planing to take it next month.am studying the jb review.if you have any material to sell please let me know.pfabiola28@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jason1 in Fayetteville, Georgia

31 months ago

RRT in Eatontown, New Jersey said: I am an RRT-NPS,RPFT and have passed every test the NBRC has including the dreaded clinical sims. I secret to passing the sims is you have to know what to do for every situation,pneumo,chf,od,neck injury,mg,gb,bypass surgey,copd patient and asthma. If you know what to do for all the different situations they throw at you than you will do fine.

Do you have a list of what they look for under each situation?

wmills in Morristown, Tennessee

31 months ago

Need latest version of Kettering RRT clinical sims CDS. Anybody?
Email me at:
bigkahuna052170@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Gi in Dundalk, Maryland

28 months ago

RRT in Eatontown, New Jersey said: I am an RRT-NPS,RPFT and have passed every test the NBRC has including the dreaded clinical sims. I secret to passing the sims is you have to know what to do for every situation,pneumo,chf,od,neck injury,mg,gb,bypass surgey,copd patient and asthma. If you know what to do for all the different situations they throw at you than you will do fine.

Hi there, I failed twice CSE could you brief comment for few pts situations that I failed "Asthma, 20 month baby, SOB pt, broken leg trauma pt, by pass heart pt..." what NBRC expects in CSE? If you have brief note that can share to me that will be glad and appreciate it. naturallab7@gmail.com

tj25 in Fort Worth, Texas

27 months ago

I have Lindsey Jones Study material for sale it includes
Clinical Sim Review CD ROM with 28 clinical sims to practice
CRT AND RRT Writtten Review CD ROM that inclueds 860 practice questions
Review Book/ Study Guide with highlighter

I bought everything 2 months ago to study for RRT and passed with the help of
this study material. Everything in PERFECT condition, no writing or highlighting in the book and
CD's all in perfect condition. $199 for the whole set. Worth every penny! Better then Kettering!
If anyone intrested let me know

Rosieh12 in West Covina, California

25 months ago

tj25 in Fort Worth, Texas said: I have Lindsey Jones Study material for sale it includes
Clinical Sim Review CD ROM with 28 clinical sims to practice
CRT AND RRT Writtten Review CD ROM that inclueds 860 practice questions
Review Book/ Study Guide with highlighter

I bought everything 2 months ago to study for RRT and passed with the help of
this study material. Everything in PERFECT condition, no writing or highlighting in the book and
CD's all in perfect condition. $199 for the whole set. Worth every penny! Better then Kettering!
If anyone intrested let me know

I only need to pass the RRT written. Can I buy the RRT written study material only?

Rosieh12 in West Covina, California

25 months ago

I have passed the CRT exam and RRT Clinical Simulation. All I need to pass is the RRT written. Anybody have some suggestions??

pkaitlene

25 months ago

Rosieh12 in West Covina, California said: I have passed the CRT exam and RRT Clinical Simulation. All I need to pass is the RRT written. Anybody have some suggestions??

hey wat did u study for your CRT? need hlp wit mine.i failed it

Rosieh12 in Baldwin Park, California

25 months ago

Kettering

jay RRT in Chino, California

24 months ago

i took Kettering and got the Lindsey Jones package. i found that lindsey jones was alot better for me when it comes to studying for the boards. but like everything online, my thoughts on this is completely subjective. i found that both kettering and lindsey jones covers everything you need and more, BUT i found that reading the materials that was given from kettering was almost like reading the egans all over again.. yes they do tell you specific things to focus on but they are so thorough that they made me study on some things thats not really important. now im not saying kettering is a bad program but for me i found that linsdey jones was alot user friendly. when it comes down to the "books" the lindsey jones was alot easier and quicker to look for something i needed to know. during the kettering siminar, i took the 3 day program and all they do is go through the book and help you highlight the specific materials that most likely to show up on the exam. lindsey jones have important things your should know in bolded words. whether you take the kettering siminar or buy the lindsey jones package, i think it all comes down to how you study. are you a person that likes to study alone or are you the type that likes to take notes.

mrbongeh in covina, California

24 months ago

here is MY version of the RT field. the field itself is great! the politics behind our field is not. in the RT field, your ambition, aside from helping pt's, is moving up in your career; as it should be in any career. not so is the case in the RT field. NO MATTER WHAT ANY PERSON OR ANY SCHOOL WILL TELL YOU.....your main focus, at least in california that is, is getting a FULL TIME job as an RT. you are at the mercy of the hospital that is hiring you. you dont call the shots when it comes to getting hired. you cant negotiate pay. but more importantly, unless you land at a brand spankin new hospital, you will be hired as a per diem RT.

what is a PER DIEM RT? yeah, when i was in my clinical courses i would be asking my preceptors the same thing. in a nutshell, a PER DIEM RT is one that fills in the gaps in the schedule. you are on the schedule, BUT....you can get called off at anytime! your hours are not guaranteed! you may work 12 hours a week, 24, 36, and so on. this is fine i suppose, if you have a FULLTIME position at another hospital. now think about this,...what happens when this is your only source of income? what if you cant get a second FULLTIME job with guaranteed hours? that where the screw job starts. many hospitals or facilities now a days hire a small amount of FULLTIME RT's and a bunch of per diem RT's to cut costs. how so? they can hire all the PER DIEM RT's and give them, at times, FULL TIME hours....BUT..HERES THE KICKER....as a PER DIEM RT...YOU HAVE NO BENEFITS! NONE! ZERO! NO INSURANCE WHAT SO EVER! NO 401K! NO BENEFITS THE OTHER FULL TIME EMPLOYEES GET! i bet your school didnt emphasize that to you did they?!

so, not to write a mini book here, is RT a good job? YES its a good JOB. keyword being JOB. if you re-word it into, is RT a good career? HELL NO to the millionth degree!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

also on a side note, i came from the school known as AMERICAN CAREER COLLEGE IN ONTARIO CALIFORNIA. let me tell you, that is THE ABSOLUTE WORST RT PROGRAM IN CALIFORNIA, if not the whole U.S. i graduated from RT2 (their second graduating class)...and all we dealt with were people who didnt know anything! you've heard the phrase, those who cant do...teach? well that couldnt be any closer to the truth when it came to the RT department at this so called school. we had a merri-go-round of teachers every quarter. we had clinical sites ranging from joshua tree ca. to univeral city ca. that may sound good to some, in such that we had an abundance of hospitals....but we had the left over hospitals other (better) schools ditched. everyday was filled with stress. teachers were RT's who worked at hospitals....yet their hospital didnt take our students! haha what a joke. i wonder why they wouldnt take us? these RT's may have been very skilled in their hospital when they worked, but they had NO CLUE how to teach. also, teachers had their favorites! if you knew how to flirt, you can get an A easily. i am not bs-ing. many of us have proof this happened. we did have one teacher that was a female, and she ended up dating a student in our class! (once we graduated of course, but im sure they were on the downlow while we were still in the program) cough cough ELIZABETH CHAVEZ cough cough. but worst of all.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

.....we had a director who was seriously a piece of scum. JOSE BRAVO! yeah i remember this pompous idiot. he gave preferential treatment to those willing to kiss his butt, or be of the latin decent. trust, students in our class have evidence too. if i listed them all here, it would be a book. one of my friends was in the RT3 program, which graduated a few months after us, and she told me that JOSE BRAVO tried to pull a quick one on the NBRC and AARC.....it seems that RT3, in their last quarter, was short of clinical sites to the ratio of students they had! what that meant was the possibility of the class not graduating on time. this of course was not acceptable to the students nor corporate (AARC was going to visit in a few months at that time!) so this idiot JOSE BRAVO, decides to make up, ON HIS OWN, a plan to resolve this. he decides to have half the students go to clinical sites while the other half does a clinical simulation at the school campus, BUT, both group of students will get clinical hours!! WOW! when my friend in RT3 told me this, I was STUNNED. i didnt think BRAVO would risk doing that and jeopardizing the integrity of the school and program! well, he implemented this without notifying the AARC (big no no) and the students complied. what else were they to do? not agree? they were months from graduating. well i told my friend to not go through with it....but she did since the whole class did. a month goes by, and my friend said that BRAVO was told he couldnt continue his "brilliant plan" and all students would need to go through clinicals the right way, the traditional way....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

......only problem is they were already a month into the final quarter, and there would not be enough time. not to mention, those students who were part of the first half clin sims at campus were furious because BRAVO notified them their hours would not count. so what next? makeup hours on their holiday break!!! WOW!! but here is the CRAZY THING.....BRAVO actually signed off students saying they went to their clinical sites during their xmas break, when in fact they DID NOT!! yes, there is proof. half of those students, if not more, falsely had their clinical hours forged by JOSE BRAVO! all of them graduated and probably took their state boards and are licensed! can't blame them though since they went through all the crap the school and BRAVO threw at them. but the fact of the matter stands is RT3 have certain students who got "passed" because JOSE BRAVO signed them off on their clinical hours knowingly they didnt complete them. luckily, my friend didnt have to deal with this because she was lucky enough to be in the half that started the quarter with REAL clinical and finished off with REAL clinical.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

..in summary, this school produced RT's from RT3 (approximately half) that lied on their license. all it takes is an audit of their clinical sites that BRAVO claimed the student attended their final quarter with the records the clinical site has. or better yet, one could ask the clinical site to see logs corresponding with the dates BRAVO claims the student attended the final quarter. they wont have any!
now you may ask, why am i spilling the beans? well, first off, to protect those prospective students thinking of joining the field, or AMERICAN CAREER COLLEGE in ONTARIO CA for that matter. we as students put too much time, effort and money attending school, and this should not be happening. i know how it feels to be screwed over by this school (not like RT3) and i would not wish this on anyone! private schools like this raking in profits while they destroy the lives of honest, hard working, students. my friend IS currently working in the field, but felt like she was lied to and tricked into believing what this field is. she now realizes its a dead end career and will most likely end up going back to school. she has brought up the notion of legal action, but is awaiting proper guidance how to go about this. i would not want to be in the shoes of those that had their clinical hours signed off by JOSE BRAVO. although he falsely signed them off, as a student and adult, they knew they didnt do those hours legitimately, and in turn can jeopardize their license if caught, which in this case, is not a far fetched scenario.
as for me? well i am now a few months from graduating my ASN program which is a far better career in sense of job security. dont get me wrong, i loved what i did as an RT, but the respect and the job opportunity was not there, and probably will never will be. if you are the few (and i mean VERY FEW) that make it an an RT and get everything you need from the field, i salute you, but the truth of the matter is, its a "career" that leave many in ruins.

24 months ago

i forgot to mention TO THOSE STUDENTS THAT ATTENDED AMERICAN CAREER COLLEGE IN ONTARIO CALIFORNIA AND WERE PART OF RT3 THAT FALSELY ALLOWED JOSE BRAVO TO FORGE YOUR CLINICAL HOURS....YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES THAT YOU ALLOWED HIM TO JEOPARDIZE YOUR FUTURE AND CAREER. YOU LIED TO THE RESPIRATORY CARE BOARD AND YOURSELF. YOU CHEAPEN THE LICENSE AND THE DEGREE YOU FALSELY EARNED. ALL IT TAKES IS FOR SOMEONE TO AUDIT YOUR HOURS AGAINST WHAT YOUR CLINICAL SITE HAS YOU LOGGED FOR, AND THATS IT.....CAREER DOWN THE DRAIN. ONE CALL TO THE RESPIRATORY CARE BOARD, AND THEY WILL INVESTIGATE. I FOR ONE WOULD NOT WANT TO LIVE LIFE KNOWING WHAT I WORKED FOR CAN BE CRUSHED BY A SIGLE PHONE CALL. TO THOSE THAT LEGITIMATELY COMPLETED THAT HELL OF A PROGRAM, INCLUDING MY RT2 COHORTS, I COMMEND YOU FOR YOUR PERSEVERANCE NOT LETTING A FOOL LIKE JOSE BRAVO GET YOU DOWN.

24 months ago

....yes i know i re-posted this in this forum topic from the other cause everyone should know about AMERICAN CAREER COLLEGE IN ONTARIO CALIFORNIA and how horrible that school is. it will be a waste of time and money to attend that "school"

rrtdave in Duluth, Minnesota

20 months ago

Most of us used Kettering for passing all our exams. I passed the RRT written/simulations and neonatal-pediatric specialist with the help of Kettering.
I haven't heard of the Lindsey Jones Study guides.
Respiratory therapy will be making some advancements within the next 3-5 years. The AARC/NBRC has agreed to retire the CRT exam, which means all new graduates will need to pass the RRT exams before they can get a licence to practice, if your state requires a license. (Some don't, as well as Veterans hospitals) There is a plan in the works that will require new RT's to obtain a bachelor's degree as well. Whether a two year program will combine with a BS program or if you can be awarded the BS through your two year degree program is one of the hold-ups. There will be more opportunities in the future for advancing your education in respiratory, as of 2010, there are 7 MSRT degree programs. There is some interest in allowing RRT's to write prescriptions for RT medications to patients in clinic settings. Possible advancement in credentials to respiratory assistant, similar to physician assistant with similar job requirements.

Congrat's to you that have passed your RRT exams!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ebusiness66ATyahooDOTcom in Houston, Texas

20 months ago

rrtdave in Duluth, Minnesota said: Most of us used Kettering for passing all our exams. I passed the RRT written/simulations and neonatal-pediatric specialist with the help of Kettering.
I haven't heard of the Lindsey Jones Study guides.
Respiratory therapy will be making some advancements within the next 3-5 years. The AARC/NBRC has agreed to retire the CRT exam, which means all new graduates will need to pass the RRT exams before they can get a licence to practice, if your state requires a license. (Some don't, as well as Veterans hospitals) There is a plan in the works that will require new RT's to obtain a bachelor's degree as well. Whether a two year program will combine with a BS program or if you can be awarded the BS through your two year degree program is one of the hold-ups. There will be more opportunities in the future for advancing your education in respiratory, as of 2010, there are 7 MSRT degree programs. There is some interest in allowing RRT's to write prescriptions for RT medications to patients in clinic settings. Possible advancement in credentials to respiratory assistant , similar to physician assistant with similar job requirements.

Congrat's to you that have passed your RRT exams!!

This is a very interesting post. I look forward to seeing the new changes that would be made in this field. It would be nice.

Recent Graduate in Long Branch, New Jersey

20 months ago

ebusiness66ATyahooDOTcom in Houston, Texas said: This is a very interesting post. I look forward to seeing the new changes that would be made in this field. It would be nice.

The only ones making money from respiratory therapy are the schools, Nbrc, kettering snd Lxr.

RTforLIFE in Riverside, California

18 months ago

I'm sorry, but how can anyone take your post serious, when you can't even type with proper grammar? RT's should be educated, right? Maybe that's why you aren't getting hired on full-time.

boricua85 in Costa Mesa, California

18 months ago

I recommend www.studystack.com/RespiratoryTherapy for the best source of flash cards you'll ever need - free!

Also go to kickass.to
Type in Lindsey Jones in the search. click on the first link and download.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Blah in San Diego, California

12 months ago

Email me for help with your rrt written exam... Redscolopendra@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

heena in Arlington, Texas

5 months ago

I am selling my Lindsey jones and Kettering full sets for CRT and RRT. If anyone interested please email me at heenanyc@hotmail.com I just pass all my board exams and I used only and only these two sources.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

A in Los Angeles, California

4 months ago

I am selling WRRT Form E and F questions. I also have NBRC WRRT self-assessment exam form E and F. If interested in taking online Pershing WRRT and clin. sim. exam, I will send you the login info. They are all helpful in passing the exams. Please email for details.

a_wa3@hotmail.com in Los Angeles, California

4 months ago

I am selling WRRT Form E and F questions. I also have NBRC WRRT self-assessment exam form E and F. If interested in taking online Pershing WRRT and clin. sim. exam, I will send you the login info. They are all helpful in passing the exams. Please email for details. My username is my email.

respiratory2014 in Hollywood, Florida

4 months ago

Chico in Cedar Rapids, Iowa said: No, to pass the NBRC CRT practice test you need to score a 105. The real CRT is much harder than the NBRC test, Kettering, or Lindsey Jones practice test. To pass the real CRT you need 86 correct answers, which would give you a scaled score of 75. Given the difference in difficulty between the real thing and the practice exams 105 correct practice exam answers would be equivalent to 86 correct answer4s on the actual CRT.

Took the CRT and trust me it's not Like Lindsey or like Kettering the wording is different and questions are asked different than what was taught in school. Took RRT and missed by 5 points.... Be sure to review what you dont feel confortable with and TIPS: RRT written you have less than a minute to review a question time management is the key!!!!

respiratory2014 in Hollywood, Florida

4 months ago

Rosieh12 in West Covina, California said: I only need to pass the RRT written. Can I buy the RRT written study material only?

I found that questions from Lindsey Jones were seen on CRT more than Kettering. Don't be fooled there is more than one test that they give so knowing your basics is important to answering these questions just took the test 3 weeks ago for CRT, RRT is more time management. You have less than a minute to answer questions with questions that have alot of information. there are questions that you may not ever seen in school that will leave you pndering..... read the question first you will be able to pin point exactly what they want. GOOD Luck!!

UnemployedRRT in Thibodaux, Louisiana

3 months ago

Instead of worrying about taking these tests, you guys should think more about finding a better profession instead. Because guess what? There are no jobs out there. And getting your RRT won't make one magically open up for you.

I wonder why they even bother with RRT schools when our opportunities are so dreadfully limited.

UnemployedRRT in Thibodaux, Louisiana

3 months ago

UnemployedRRT in Thibodaux, Louisiana said: Instead of worrying about taking these tests, you guys should think more about finding a better profession instead. Because guess what? There are no jobs out there. And getting your RRT won't make one magically open up for you.

I wonder why they even bother with RRT schools when our opportunities are so dreadfully limited.

Oh, and i AM an RRT by the way. I passed my CRT & both parts of the RRT in 1 shot! No retakes.

And.... NOBODY cares.

Jolie717 in Los Angeles, California

3 months ago

To unemployed RRT -

You should consider moving to an area with a high need for RTs. Think areas like Alaska, etc. Do some research - even if it is not ideal to move, at least consider it - what is a few years working in an area far from home in the grand scheme of things??? At least you get some experience! You might also want to look into home care - they do pay less but they also hire new grads more readily. Again - if nothing else, it gives you valuable experience and you gain credibility as a a health care worker and an employee as long as you put some time in. Look into medical supply companies as well. There are RTs who get paid to demo and train on RT equipment - anything from pulse oximetry to ventilators to sleep apnea units - Mossimo, Phillips Respironics, Nonin, Resmed, etc etc. Try not to get discouraged - the field is over-saturated in many ares, but the opportunities are there - you just have to work your a$$ off to get them!

DON Godfather RT in Modesto, California

3 months ago

The truth is most Medical Centers and Healthcare companies want RRT's, The writing has been on the wall. Its time for RT's to use the Title Respiratory Care Practitioner. Bring a MD on board and start Health Care companies centered around our profession. Get as many credentials as possible like, RRT, NPS, ACCS, and get your RN to beef it up even more. As a Respiratory Therapist you can Prerequisite challenge all the RN program Prerequisites, Like ANAT-125, PHYS-101, MICRO- 101 ECT.... Then you will allways have work. Remember work is slavery so make it count, Make that money make some money and FREE yourself. Good Luck !

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.