Puerto Rico license

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Carlos L in New York, New York

20 months ago

Hi, I'm a licensed RT from Puerto Rico working for 19 years.I moved to NY to take care of my dad (lung CA) and i found out that my permanent license is not valid in any of the states, i need a job asap or i'll have to go back to PR, any suggestions please?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

N Marie in Caguas, Puerto Rico

20 months ago

Carlos L in New York, New York said: Hi, I'm a licensed RT from Puerto Rico working for 19 years.I moved to NY to take care of my dad (lung CA) and i found out that my permanent license is not valid in any of the states, i need a job asap or i'll have to go back to PR, any suggestions please?

Where did you get your degree? I was just about to start the program at University of Turabo but found out they're not accredited. It's becoming quite a problem to find a school to go to in the states with no job. Good luck.

Mark RCP in Texas

19 months ago

Carlos L in New York, New York said: Hi, I'm a licensed RT from Puerto Rico working for 19 years.I moved to NY to take care of my dad (lung CA) and i found out that my permanent license is not valid in any of the states, i need a job asap or i'll have to go back to PR, any suggestions please?

Thats true, all US states have licenses. Also where you got your education will affect your chances as you may have to take the CRT or RRT again per NBRC and then get a NY license. I would write the NBRC and see what your education and background qualifies as with them. Just because Puerto Rico is part of the US does not exactly mean you can just pop in and work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

sleepman in Columbus, Georgia

10 months ago

I am trying to find out how to obtain an rt license in Puerto Rico. I am currently licensed in Georgia for th epast 18 plus years and would like to relocate to PR ..but need to acquire an RT job.

any suggestions??

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.