Respiratory Therapist schools in FL

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

BB in Bradenton, Florida

19 months ago

I'm considering RT school and want some input about which programs are good and which ones I should not consider. Right now I'm looking at Edison in Ft. Meyers but I'm open to any and all feedback.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

DanceLife in Homestead, Florida

18 months ago

BB in Bradenton, Florida said: I'm considering RT school and want some input about which programs are good and which ones I should not consider. Right now I'm looking at Edison in Ft. Meyers but I'm open to any and all feedback.

I just posted this! I didn't see your post. I hope some people chime in because I basically had the same question lol.

DanceLife in Homestead, Florida

18 months ago

I just posted this exact thing haha. I hope some people chime in. I am in Miami but am looking into Orlando. Valencia or Seminole State I heard were good. ?

BB in New Berlin, Wisconsin

18 months ago

DanceLife in Homestead, Florida said: I just posted this exact thing haha. I hope some people chime in. I am in Miami but am looking into Orlando. Valencia or Seminole State I heard were good. ?

Hi DanceLife,
I've always heard good things in general about Valencia. Don't know anything about Seminole State. Sure hope we get some feedback soon.

Mike in Vero Beach, Florida

17 months ago

I'm planning on attending Indian River State College in a year. I have some prep classes to take and am going to knock out some other classes while I wait. I have heard nothing but good things about the health sciences program at this school. A lot of the area hospitals let them do clinicals at their facilities so the staff there have a good idea about how you handle yourself. They have a fairly decent job placement percentage also. Just a FYI.

BB in Bradenton, Florida

17 months ago

Sadly, the admissions dept. at Edison had a history of disorganization and I have a personal understanding of this now. Since my original post I've been in contact with St. Pete College and I'm very happy with what I've seen with their program. Called and spoke to the lead instructor on a Friday and had a shadowing session the next Monday. Asked the student I shadowed a ton of questions and got great feedback. Feeling pretty positive on being accepted and starting in Aug.

dancelife in Homestead, Florida

17 months ago

I was looking into st Pete but I think the prerequisites were much different than what I have already taken. I'm hoping to find something I can Get into this fall or next spring. I think I got into Miami Dade's program but I may not be able to stay here to start it.

I wonder about Valencia community college in Orlando. Does anyone know anything on that program? I will have to take physics in order to apply which is strange to me. I don't know any other program requiring that. It seems I'm missing at least one class for each program lol. HIllsborough CC in Tampa needs micro and I don't have that.

When does the st Pete program start?

BB in Bradenton, Florida

17 months ago

Physics and/or micro???? Strange. I know St. Pete doesn't have that requirement. All you have to have is intro to chem+lab, and of course the A&P I&II. Check out their website for the specifics. I do believe most of the programs have a deadline coming up for applications. Not sure if any have a start date for Jan? I've always heard good things about Valencia in general, I'm sure the Resp. program is no different. Not sure where you're considering living but I can tell you the majority of the clinicals for St. Pete are in Manatee or Sarasota. Some of the specialties are in Tampa.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.