Volunteering

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

johnny009 in Anaheim, California

40 months ago

I'm a RT student and looking for some volunteer work to get some experience before I start working as a licensed RT. Would it be preferred that I volunteer at a large hospital such as St. Jude or a small clinic? I do have an EKG certification too, so should I just target cardiology offices to see if they will give me hands on training on EKGs?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

johnny009 in Anaheim, California

40 months ago

If anyone knows of any places where I can volunteer to do patient assessment, write down their chief complaint, or anything that can get my foot in the door, please let me know. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ebusiness66atyahoodotcom in Houston, Texas

40 months ago

I wish you had a choice to choose where to volunteer at. Among the options you posted, a large hospital is definitely a better choice. But a volunteer position is never easy to have doing what you wish to do. But you will never know until you submit an application.

So, make a good resume and definitely submit it to the hospitals or clinics you are interested in. Maybe even call them or go there and ask to speak with the director of the department. It might be a long shot, but it doesn't hurt to go the extra mile, if this is something you really want to do and achieve.

I live in Houston, Texas, and I know a lot of the hospitals down here have a big volunteer department, so what you are seeking is very possible.

I wish you goodluck in your search and goodluck in school.

And if you have any specific problem with school and need help with school, just feel free to email me at ebusiness66@yahoo.com. I can help you sail through school very easily, if you are having any hard time with any class.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.