How to be a positive Respiratory Therapist.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

jrmavc in AV, California

23 months ago

What do you do to remain positive as a respiratory therapist?
Please no haters, only serious replies and what you do to make your career choice more bearable.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jrmavc in AV, California

23 months ago

I will go first since I made up the question... like that people can also see where I'm going with this.

1) Just recently hired per diem, was previously unemployed.
2) Job is only 10 minutes away.
3) Excellent hourly wage albeit no benefits, however, have the flexibility to travel if I wish.
4) I can go back to school if I want (which I've already applied to) and still pick up shifts.
5) I do not make other people's negative experiences or attitudes my own.
6) I surround myself, or intentionally try to associate with those RTs who are really positive about not only work, but life in general.

* I want to say that I actually enjoy RT, it took me nearly 2 years after graduation to find a job in CA.

#4 - I wish I could have benefits at my job, but that's not the case. I've decided to head back to school, but I believe I will never let go of my RT license or credentials. I do understand that RT had it's better times.

I invite even those people who always complain about RT to at least write 1 thing that makes work bearable or positive for you. There's got to be something or someone.

Take care everyone and please remember to value what little we have.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jrmavc in AV, California

23 months ago

jrmavc in AV, California said: I will go first since I made up the question... like that people can also see where I'm going with this.

1) Just recently hired per diem, was previously unemployed.
2) Job is only 10 minutes away.
3) Excellent hourly wage albeit no benefits, however, have the flexibility to travel if I wish.
4) I can go back to school if I want (which I've already applied to) and still pick up shifts.
5) I do not make other people's negative experiences or attitudes my own.
6) I surround myself, or intentionally try to associate with those RTs who are really positive about not only work, but life in general.

* I want to say that I actually enjoy RT, it took me nearly 2 years after graduation to find a job in CA.

#4 - I wish I could have benefits at my job, but that's not the case. I've decided to head back to school, but I believe I will never let go of my RT license or credentials. I do understand that RT had it's better times.

I invite even those people who always complain about RT to at least write 1 thing that makes work bearable or positive for you. There's got to be something or someone.

Take care everyone and please remember to value what little we have.

"I do understand RT has [ its ] better times."

Just correcting my "it's" into "its"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.