travel Respiratory Therapist companies

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

united32809 in Holly Springs, North Carolina

18 months ago

I wanted some current suggestions on good companies for travel RT's - good pay, benefits, etc. Someone told me that Aureus was good but that they were only getting paid $21 an hour? That sounds low for a travel RT. Med Travelers had a job posted in Charlotte, NC for an RT $36/hr. Im located in NC. Ive been doing RT for 11 years, never traveled before. Thanks for any advice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mark RCP in Somewhere out there

18 months ago

Aureus is a good but from ones that I know and I have been dealing with travel companies for over 6 yrs. Aureus is a big company but can be sneaky, they also undercut others.
There are big and small companies also I cannot say this enough is that most recruiters are green and come from sales or other fields and have Zero knowledge of what a RT does so dealing with them can be frustrating as it is a learning curve for them also they will have no clue what your needs are.
The break down: 21hr sounds like just your base pay and then there is a per-diem or some call it daily allowance that is set by the IRS for each state. The per-diem is all state by state, depending on there cost of living and then city by city in the cost of housing. IE: Florida has a high cost of living for housing, so pay is low
Ex: 21hr+ 210per wk per diem will give you more or less what you will make ,also when you work in state with a state tax they take that plus workman's comp in deductions. Housing costs also decide what your pay is. The way it works is the facility is charged say: 150hr then your pay and per diem is taken from that.
When you live in state that has a travel need I believe it is still 150mi to qualify for the rate+ per diem but housing may not be covered. 21hr + a good per diem is good pay, the perk is you housing/elec is paid for. Most can average 900 to 1000 per week.
The posting for NC sounds like agency/local pay also again they can be deceiving in the fact that again they are just resume gathering and truly have no needs.
The companies I have worked for and still work for and may be different know but with "no" travel experience makes it hard to get on due being a requirement from the hospital itself since you will have no floor orientation to very little.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mark RCP in Somewhere out there

18 months ago

I have the ones I work with and usually do not go with new ones since they already know me and what I am looking for.
So Med-Travelers, Club Staffing, Comphealth, Aureus, MSN, and others will want your resume, skills checklist, references and app filled out. I hold off on references since I do like them to be called by numerous companies and being bothered an email address will be best. So start by calling or submitting a short app with them, give them a day to call you or call them and talk to a recruiter that handles allied health/RT and go from there. Many companies have multiple or a team that all handle allied health.
So basically is to start by talking to a few and go from there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.