will they give me a license if i have a misdemeanor?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

tony in Simi Valley, California

62 months ago

hi all,

i think i have a problem. im really scared the state wont give me a license to practice because of a misdemeanor. it happened 10 years ago when i was 19. we got pulled over comming home from a party and well i was jailed for being under influence of a control substance. anyways they gave me a misdemenor and sent me to rehab. is it true that you have to have a squeaky clean record to be licensed cus i heard someone in school say that and now im very worried. can anyone pls give any insight on this. thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Max Flow in Madison, Wisconsin

61 months ago

Try googleing the internet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Kelly in Birmingham, Michigan

61 months ago

tony in Simi Valley, California said: hi all,

i think i have a problem. im really scared the state wont give me a license to practice because of a misdemeanor. it happened 10 years ago when i was 19. we got pulled over comming home from a party and well i was jailed for being under influence of a control substance. anyways they gave me a misdemenor and sent me to rehab. is it true that you have to have a squeaky clean record to be licensed cus i heard someone in school say that and now im very worried. can anyone pls give any insight on this. thanks

Yes, you can get a license...HOWEVER, you will have to explain it on your application, demonstrate contrition, and explain how that negative experience changed you for the better.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

supersx in San Diego, California

59 months ago

yea you can still get ur license..all u have to do is disclose it on your application form...the process will take a little longer because they have to do a whole background check, etc...basically the process will take alittle longer...as long as you have all the information... you should be fine...dont let it stop you... i had a misdemanor also alittle over 10 years..and im in california...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

jj63 in Kalamazoo, Michigan

55 months ago

Thank you this helps me a little, my misdemeanor was just over a year ago. I'm still freaking out i've been offered a job in another state, i've laid it all on the line. It was for dui 1st offense. Court records,probation records, alcohol counselors letters, the works. What do you guys think my chances are?

dpham in Garden Grove, California

51 months ago

hi, i was thinking about enrolling in a RT program at concorde career college. but i have 2 felonys when i was 15 and 2 misdemeanor as an adult for marijuana. i am 23 now and was wondering if i should rethink joining this program cause of my record. i'm looking to change my life around, do you think its possible to get my license in california?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

_Oo_ in San Antonio, Texas

47 months ago

Does anyone know if I will be able to renew my rt license
if I'm on probation for a misdemeanor of obstruction of highway
I'm in Texas. I'm worried. Thanks

RT Guy in Jacksonville, Florida

10 months ago

Just graduated from my Respiratory program, and I too had a misdemeanor 8 years ago. As far as my school clinical rotation was concerned, I was only denied access to one facility. No big deal. I did go through the program with doubts weather I would be able to get a state license or not, however I did the best I could and gave the program 100%. I just received my state license, and with out being asked to make an appearance before the state board. I understand mandatory appearances happen a lot. On my state license application they required court documentation, which I had, and a police report which I didn't provide. I wrote a formal typed letter explaining what had occurred, and how in 8 years later I have my life together, and am not doing stupid things along with detailed information about why I am a responsible person today. Today I am a RRT with 2 jobs with a first year out of school $60,000 easy money. Don't let your dreams pass you by. Don't worry about having a misdemeanor, just be honest and tell the truth about it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.