What are typical restaurant general manager salaries?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

david espinoza in El Paso, Texas

86 months ago

what are or is General managers salaries for TA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

bo825

85 months ago

David

Yes, some Companies pay better then others. Balance Benefits,to salary. SOME PAY MORE WAGES NO BENEFITS.It also depends what you look for. Fast Food, or a Full Service Restaurant. Just be the best G.M. in the Company. Do your home work, you will see who pays what!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

T in Palm Harbor, Florida

84 months ago

I work for a Fast Food Corporate store and have recently been offered my promotion to General Manager.. with a salary of 63k/year.. I have only had about a year of experience, but have been able to quickly grasp the business and have shown my knowledge over the last year and have been able to impress many of the upper management.

Base Salary is just one of my benefits though.. I get 3 weeks paid vacation, from day 1. I was given full company paid benefits.. dental, medical, and vision.. I get a total of 14 holidays and 5 personal days per year as well.. so time off is not really an issue for me! I have plenty of that. I'm also given a stipend for child care if I had kids (I don't, but many others do and they pay for it also)

As far as certifications are concerned.. obviously you have to have Mgmt ServSafe (5 year) and some kind of Basic/Intermediate Management Training.. this was offered to me in my company and has shown me SO much! I really had an easy time learning the business and definitely am excited to take on my new role..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tracey in New York, New York

83 months ago

What is the average slary of a general manager for a restaurant in new york city?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

T in Palm Harbor, Florida

83 months ago

Tracey in New York, New York said: What is the average slary of a general manager for a restaurant in new york city?

What sort of restaurant? Quick Service? Full Service? Depends on where you work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.